Leicester City 19/20

Luke1995

Do you guys think Leicester can become a big club by sheer force of a great long term planning ? Or the moment Rodgers leaves it goes away?

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Do you guys think Leicester can become a big club by sheer force of a great long term planning ? Or the moment Rodgers leaves it goes away?
Leicester have a hands on owner who is committed to making them a top club and Rodgers is the perfect fit as a manager to take them there. I doubt that top 4/6 is possible without Rodgers & whether or not he can be tempted away is debatable. His move from Celtic to Leicester has certainly put him in the spotlight.

Sad Chris

It‘s still early, but geeeezus it‘s looking promising. I called Leicester supporters posting here cocky during the preseason.

I was wrong. I do think you’ll play a significant role this season and you were right about having those ambitions — fun to watch.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can't say i've seen a lot of them honestly. Stats seem to point out they've been somewhat lucky so far...

Then again, even if that were true, they already have had a season that looked unsustainable right until they won the title...and the gk and star-striker that played a huge role in making that season "sustainable" are still around and every bit as good...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There is more chance of me playing for Manchester United than Leicester finishing in the top 6 or higher than us.
Sign him up sign him up!:lol:

Leicester are more than good enough to finish top 6, I think they'll be in top 4. Only bad injuries to a Vardy or Maddison can deny them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't say i've seen a lot of them honestly. Stats seem to point out they've been somewhat lucky so far...

Then again, even if that were true, they already have had a season that looked unsustainable right until they won the title...and the gk and star-striker that played a huge role in making that season "sustainable" are still around and every bit as good...
They've had a good run with VAR. If they went 2 down to Spurs I doubt they'd even have come back to get a draw. That game I think menally pushed them onto another level and has put Spurs into total decline. They were fortunate to beat Burnley and also should've had Tielemens sent off v Bournemouth.

That all said if you look at all their results so far they are fantastic at beating the bottom half/mid table teams....Won v Sheffield United, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley which is the consistancy you need to finish top 4. Also taken 4 points off SPurs and Chelsea to show they can step it up.

Ironically their flat performance of the season was at Old Trafford. Man. United did well getting a goal in first 10 minutes and then bunkering up for rest of the game as Leicester barely created a decent chance. That shows one way of nulifying them perhaps as they are very strong when they go a goal up.

Freeney

Supports
Djibouti FC
I suppose that call from Ole hasn’t happened yet Freeney :)
Sign him up sign him up!:lol:

Leicester are more than good enough to finish top 6, I think they'll be in top 4. Only bad injuries to a Vardy or Maddison can deny them.
. Oops hahaha. I’m still expecting Leicester to drop out of the top 4, even though i rather see them there than arsenal or tottenham

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
. Oops hahaha. I’m still expecting Leicester to drop out of the top 4, even though i rather see them there than arsenal or tottenham
I think top six is doable but top four may be a bit of a stretch. Liverpool, Man C & Chelsea to take top three with Arsenal & Spurs being contenders for the fourth spot.

Andersonson

They have a very good first 11. That 11 could challenge for a top 4. But injuries and fatigue may be a problem. They really dont have a good squad in my opinion.

But, with some couple of reinforcements whey could be a very very good side. And I hate to say it, but Brendan is a good manager and knows the market very well.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
This is a lesson for Manchester United board and fans. The manager appointment is very important. Johnny Evans was criticized a lot at United, but under a good manager, he can became a good team player. Our team is much better than it is appearing under Ole.

BlueHaze

This is a lesson for Manchester United board and fans. The manager appointment is very important. Johnny Evans was criticized a lot at United, but under a good manager, he can became a good team player. Our team is much better than it is appearing under Ole.
Holy feck you are right! Who would have thought?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
One of the best managed clubs. They were relegation candidates couple of years ago and since then, they are domestically more successful than Man united, Liverpool,Arsenal ,Tottenham.

Already had Maguire's and Evan's back up ready last year. Already have Maddison's backup ready if he leaves next year.

Just shows what brilliant recruiting can do. You don't need world class coaches to be successful.

izec

One of the best managed clubs. They were relegation candidates couple of years ago and since then, they are domestically more successful than Man united, Liverpool,Arsenal ,Tottenham.

Already had Maguire's and Evan's back up ready last year. Already have Maddison's backup ready if he leaves next year.

Just shows what brilliant recruiting can do. You don't need world class coaches to be successful.
Rodgers is a good one though. Ole is nowhere near him. Ole managing them, and they would be where we are now and play some dross. Both go hand in hand.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well this pretty much shows how incompetent Ole is, Rogers is doing wonders after losing their best defender to us.

They’re going to finish about us.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Rodgers is a good one though. Ole is nowhere near him. Ole managing them, and they would be where we are now and play some dross. Both go hand in hand.
Of course. That's not even a discussion. Puel or Rodgers or Ranieri- they are not established coaches. I understand Rodgers stocks are now high but they took a gamble when he was managing in SPL and its paying high dividends.

Above all the recruitment has been spot on. Praet looks like yet another good signing.

Bobski

Well this pretty much shows how incompetent Ole is, Rogers is doing wonders after losing their best defender to us.

They’re going to finish about us.
They didn't sell us Evans.

Maguire might be a better footballer than Evans but as a defender that is far from proven. Leicester were better defensively before he joined and after he left. The fluidity of football means that doesn't prove anything about Maguires abilities but he hardly has a history of making any team he is in better defensively for all that he is an eye-catching player.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
They have a very good first 11. That 11 could challenge for a top 4. But injuries and fatigue may be a problem. They really dont have a good squad in my opinion.

But, with some couple of reinforcements whey could be a very very good side. And I hate to say it, but Brendan is a good manager and knows the market very well.
Rodgers is a very good manager but generally shit on the transfer market.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

I can guarantee you that he'd have been sacked before the Liverpool game (yours I mean) if he was managing us.

redshaw

27 goals in 11 games is very impressive.

Meanwhile we're on 13.

GGT

I think top six is doable but top four may be a bit of a stretch. Liverpool, Man C & Chelsea to take top three with Arsenal & Spurs being contenders for the fourth spot.
I sincerely hope you just enjoy football. and do not bet on it

Ludens the Red

They have a very good first 11. That 11 could challenge for a top 4.
Without meaning to pick on you I’ve seen this sort of comment around the cafe and it does make me chuckle.
Like, imagine going back to June 2018, would you and other folk be on here stating a team of the following Schmeichel, Perreira, Soyoncu, Chillwell, Evans, Ndidi, Maddison, Perez, Barnes is a top 4 eleven?
Absolutely fecking no chance. Most of those players were playing at championship level standard 18 months ago.
Maybe just maybe Leicester have good coaches, a good manager and a good scouting team and now they’re reaping the rewards. Just as they did 4 years ago.

dbs235

Without meaning to pick on you I’ve seen this sort of comment around the cafe and it does make me chuckle.
Like, imagine going back to June 2018, would you and other folk be on here stating a team of the following Schmeichel, Perreira, Soyoncu, Chillwell, Evans, Ndidi, Maddison, Perez, Barnes is a top 4 eleven?
Absolutely fecking no chance. Most of those players were playing at championship level standard 18 months ago.
Maybe just maybe Leicester have good coaches, a good manager and a good scouting team and now they’re reaping the rewards. Just as they did 4 years ago.
Half of them are young players with good potential, it's hardly surprising they've got better. Coupled with half the usual top 6 going downhill.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
you have a strange definition of "most" 2 of those players were playing at championship level 18 months ago

GlasgowCeltic

The only thing the first eleven is missing is somebody real quality off the flanks. Mahrez essentially

Ludens the Red

Half of them are young players with good potential, it's hardly surprising they've got better. Coupled with half the usual top 6 going downhill.
Ah good ol hindsight.

you have a strange definition of "most" 2 of those players were playing at championship level 18 months ago
Yeah a bit of hyperbole but still, you get the point I’m making. Maddison and Barnes were championship, Evans had just been relegated. Perreira and Soyuncu playing in one team leagues.
I just find it obscene that people are making out that your eleven is amazing and they saw it all along.
You go in our top six predictor thread and Leicester are mentioned maybe four times (one of which was myself). Yeah it’s just ergh.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
You have an odd way of thinking.

Man Utd's scouting judging by your previous summer would seem to be they unwilling to look past top tier club's players, it seems so "restrictive". That kind of scouting policy means you will struggle to get players and pay a premium for them. Just because a player comes from a lower tier league it doesn't mean they no good.

Player's we alone have got from lower league, who were either part of title season team or this season.

Maddison
Mahrez
Vardy
Ulloa
Morgan

Kante came from a top tier French club, but it was a club that the previous season was promoted so not a big French club.

We brought Kelechi Iheanacho from Man City, and is probably our worst signing since promotion, it's almost criminal we lost Ulloa and have him instead, Ulloa from Championship Brighton easily 4x as useful as Iheanacho from the former EPL champions. Other bad signings we made came from CL clubs following our title win, such as Musa and Slimani.

Your club's approach to players needs modernising, look for gems in unlikely places, you will get more for your money and probably higher motivated players as well, a player coming from say a Ligue 2 team will play out of his skin for your club. Remember how it all started for Ferguson, youth players, not star players signed from big clubs.

I think Maguire is not a terrible signing for you guys, but I have gave it some thought in recent weeks, and the way you let it drag on the entire summer and then it ended up been almost your only signing at a time when you needed a team rebuild was just bad strategy. A single player was never going to turn you around all by himself.

So yes because a player was in a lower league 18 months earlier it doesn't mean they not good enough for a EPL top 4 team.

Also remember where Spurs got Ali from.

Last edited:

Andersonson

So the players you are mentioning are not good enough? Or is it the scouting department who plays? Or the great coaches?

I dont get your point, yes, alot of them are young, but very good. Like Chilwell. And Ndidi has been good for a couple of seasons. Schmeichel has won the PL and been exellent ever since. Evans is a very good defender when used right with ton of expierience.

Yes, they have bought well, but they also have some older players who are really really good, and they are winners aswell with a great mentality

Obiorahking_

Simply have a better team than us from top to bottom when you really look at it.

Ludens the Red

You have an odd way of thinking.

Man Utd's scouting judging by your previous summer would seem to be they unwilling to look past top tier club's players, it seems so "restrictive". That kind of scouting policy means you will struggle to get players and pay a premium for them. Just because a player comes from a lower tier league it doesn't mean they no good.

Player's we alone have got from lower league, who were either part of title season team or this season.

Maddison
Mahrez
Vardy
Ulloa
Morgan

Kante came from a top tier French club, but it was a club that the previous season was promoted so not a big French club.

We brought Kelechi Iheanacho from Man City, and is probably our worst signing since promotion, it's almost criminal we lost Ulloa and have him instead, Ulloa from Championship Brighton easily 4x as useful as Iheanacho from the former EPL champions. Other bad signings we made came from CL clubs following our title win, such as Musa and Slimani.

Your club's approach to players needs modernising, look for gems in unlikely places, you will get more for your money and probably higher motivated players as well, a player coming from say a Ligue 2 team will play out of his skin for your club. Remember how it all started for Ferguson, youth players, not star players signed from big clubs.

I think Maguire is not a terrible signing for you guys, but I have gave it some thought in recent weeks, and the way you let it drag on the entire summer and then it ended up been almost your only signing at a time when you needed a team rebuild was just bad strategy. A single player was never going to turn you around all by himself.

So yes because a player was in a lower league 18 months earlier it doesn't mean they not good enough for a EPL top 4 team.

Also remember where Spurs got Ali from.
So the players you are mentioning are not good enough? Or is it the scouting department who plays? Or the great coaches?

I dont get your point, yes, alot of them are young, but very good. Like Chilwell. And Ndidi has been good for a couple of seasons. Schmeichel has won the PL and been exellent ever since. Evans is a very good defender when used right with ton of expierience.

Yes, they have bought well, but they also have some older players who are really really good, and they are winners aswell with a great mentality
To be honest you’ve both sort of missed my underlying point which was basic.
It’s fairly black and white what I’m saying, wasnt actually trying to trigger a discussion of United or Leicester’s transfer policy etc.
It’s this idea that’s being peddled about that Leicester doing well and better than United is completely expected because they ‘obviously have better players’ and a ‘top 4 line up’.
The amount of times I’ve seen “x amount of Leicester players would walk into Uniteds team” since September, yet there was none of this talk at the start of the season or last year.
It’s a comical refusal to give credit to the exceptional work being done at Leicester and another plot gaping hole of a way to justify the shambles that is This Ole lead United team.

croadyman

Watched your game with Palace and compared to that dross Utd served up on Saturday the difference is stark. You actually move the ball well and the players look like they are all buying into what Rodgers is trying to do. There is no doubt around half of that first eleven would get into other teams in the top four but let's face it why would they want to leave when you are clearly building something really good.