- Filip Benkovic (CB)
- Rachid Ghezzal (RW)
- Danny Ward (GK)
- Jonny Evans (CB)
- Caglar Soyuncu (CB)

Interestingly, they've signed 3 CB's. :lol:

Last edited:

izec

You could make a simialr thread about Wolves, West Ham and Fulham. All done great business this summer

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
got most of our money back on Musa as well and selling Ulloa tto some Mexican side, Slimani going on loan to Turkey and Jamie Vardy has just signed a new 4 year contract

diarm

I'd be really excited about the signings of Maddison, Pereira and Soyuncu if I was a Leicester fan. They've spent that Mahrez money really, really well.

Schmeichel
Pereira Soyuncu Maguire Chilwell
Ndidi -- Iborra
Madisson
Gray -- Iheanacho - Vardy

Jakupovic, Fuchs, Evans, Morgan, Silva, Ghezzal, Okazaki
They're probably short a top class striker from really challenging the European places but Vardy will get them plenty of goals as usual and that's a classy looking lineup.

Ludens the Red

Is it me or has their title win turned a portion of their fanbase into absolute fecktards?
I mean they're 8th in the league, they beat city and Chelsea in the last week yet they were booed off the pitch by their fans after todays result. I've noticed this through a lot of this season and last, constantly booing the team off if they don't win. Then there's Claude Puel who seems to be hated by their fans and on the brink of the sack every week, presumably for not being able to mount a title challenge?
It says something when Man United fans are able to treat their players and managers better in this current climate than Leicester City fans are.

RochaRoja

Is it me or has their title win turned a portion of their fanbase into absolute fecktards?
I mean they're 8th in the league, they beat city and Chelsea in the last week yet they were booed off the pitch by their fans after todays result. I've noticed this through a lot of this season and last, constantly booing the team off if they don't win. Then there's Claude Puel who seems to be hated by their fans and on the brink of the sack every week, presumably for not being able to mount a title challenge?
It says something when Man United fans are able to treat their players and managers better in this current climate than Leicester City fans are.
What’s the issue with booing off the team after a crap performance where you lose to a rubbish side at home? Isn’t that just standard?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s funny cos they’ve got 1 of the best keepers in the league, 1 of the best CBs in the league, 2 of the best FBs and 1 of the best strikers in the league. If they could sort their midfield they’d be formidable again

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can beat City and Chelsea one week and then go on and get trashed by absolute dross the next. They are really an odd team.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
we're getting zero luck this season but tbh I fear for any manager so long as Kasper is here, he has far too much influence

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Söyüncü as well
What the hell has happened to this guy? Pretty sure he was being linked to Arsenal this time last year.

Defended Puel last few weeks but he's obviously not going to surivive for much longer with home results like that.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
What the hell has happened to this guy? Pretty sure he was being linked to Arsenal this time last year.

Defended Puel last few weeks but he's obviously not going to surivive for much longer with home results like that.
still barely speaks English and we have Evans and Maguire who've been playing quite well

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
we're getting zero luck this season but tbh I fear for any manager so long as Kasper is here, he has far too much influence
Is he really that big of a problem? On the pitch he seems like one of the very few that actually care.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
still barely speaks English and we have Evans and Maguire who've been playing quite well
Not on bench as first back up in case one of them is injured/suspended? Wes Morgan has looked passed it this year, guess he's hanging around for a testimonial.

Surprised he didn't pick up some English playing two years in Germany where it's obviously widely spoken.

Moriarty

Watched the game against Palace. Leicester weren't as bad as the scoreline suggests but they were pretty toothless in front of goal. Palace took their chances with aplomb. Can't see Puel lasting much longer after that.

Last edited:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Is he really that big of a problem? On the pitch he seems like one of the very few that actually care.
he is far far too close to the owners family for it to be a healthy way to run a club, our Keepers coach is useless and he also does all our corner set up, at both ends, but he is Kasper's boy so no manager can sack him.

He clearly wants to leave to a tops 6 side but kjnows he's not good enough and is simply settling for us now because he's comfortable, he is living off of his name and reputation
Not on bench as first back up in case one of them is injured/suspended? Wes Morgan has looked passed it this year, guess he's hanging around for a testimonial.

Surprised he didn't pick up some English playing two years in Germany where it's obviously widely spoken.
Wes is out of contract this summer but has been dropped, for a manager under pressure with an old guard of players that have heavy influence that already don't like you as you're mere presence is the beginning of the end for them, dropping your club captain completely out of the squad would be a red rag to those players, much easier to let him be on the bench and simply say we have Jonny Evans and England's starting CB ahead of you, much easier pill to swallow then simply not give him an acceptable offer this summer and let him move on

Yagami

Good post resistant
Harvey Barnes, eh.

Having watched Leicester a bit recently, he's been the standout talent. Everytime he has the ball you expect something promising to happen. Maddison, Gray, Tielemans get all the attention, but I've been impressed with him the most, and that's no insult to the others either. I've been impressed with them, too, but Barnes has really stood out to me.

Leicester have so many promising talents right now.

Ekeke

Harvey Barnes, eh.

Having watched Leicester a bit recently, he's been the standout talent. Everytime he has the ball you expect something promising to happen. Maddison, Gray, Tielemans get all the attention, but I've been impressed with him the most, and that's no insult to the others either. I've been impressed with them, too, but Barnes has really stood out to me.

One of the reasons for that is that they kinda shafted Maddison to fit him in after his loan. Maddison had been playing off the left and at times moved more centrally to affect things, but still coming off the left.

With Barnes taking that spot they're trying to fit him in elsewhere and he's still adjusting to that

It'll be exciting to have them both in the same team, but it may be a case of Sanchez and Martial where we already had a left winger playing well and then we try to fit in a new player who doesn't really work with him

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Harvey Barnes, eh.

I agree but really needs to improve his composure infront of goal. Some of his misses against Spurs were abysmal, that shot he hit straight at Lloris from six yards.

Yagami

Good post resistant
One of the reasons for that is that they kinda shafted Maddison to fit him in after his loan. Maddison had been playing off the left and at times moved more centrally to affect things, but still coming off the left.

With Barnes taking that spot they're trying to fit him in elsewhere and he's still adjusting to that
Yeah, I didn't watch their early games (bar away to us and Arsenal) but had noticed that, which is why I'm giving Maddison leeway in regards to his recent performances, which have still been good.

I'm actually all for it, though. I think Maddison could become a top CM in the future so adjusting to the position now will hopefully benefit him in the future. I think, as a cm, he's made a nice partnership with Tielemans and Ndidi. Also, strangely enough, I think he links up really well with Maguire down the left, too. They seem to have a good understanding with one another in the build up phase.

Only critique i have is that he's a bit lightweight at the moment, but that's nothing to cause me to write him off about. He should hopefully bulk up a bit with age. Not like Lukaku or anything - just where he can hold his own in the physical battles.
It'll be exciting to have them both in the same team, but it may be a case of Sanchez and Martial where we already had a left winger playing well and then we try to fit in a new player who doesn't really work with him
I'm not expecting that problem because, unlike with us in regards to moving Martial, I think this will help Leicester's balance overall. They seem to link up well at times down the left with the give and goes, Barnes keeps the width which stretches the oppo, and I reckon Maddison is tailor made for that CM position so getting game time there at the top level should hopefully do him the world of good.

I agree but really needs to improve his composure infront of goal. Some of his misses against Spurs were abysmal, that shot he hit straight at Lloris from six yards.
Agreed, but hopefully that'll come with age. His general play is really impressive.

AJ10

These Leicester players will have Character now.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Harvey Barnes, eh.

He was fecking wank against Spurs. Granted that's the only time I've ever seen the lad play but he was seriously awful in that game