Leicester City owner’s helicopter crashes in car park | Five deaths including Chairman

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Reminds me of Matthew Harding (ex Chelsea board member) all those years back.

Kapardin

That blaze looks ominous. Hope for the best.

You would think a helicopter carrying such high profile personalities would undergo checks and double-checks before being used.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Unconfirmed: Owner, pilot and Joe Rudkin (DOF) apparently on board.

This is off Foxestalk, a Leicester city fans forum.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It looks horrible. I can't see how you would survive that. Still hoping for the best...

Trophy Room

This is terrible. Thoughts with the families of those on board. Apparently Schmeichel walked away in tears.

montpelier

this could be 'anything' - like a proper full-on disaster from what I've seen so far

do we have any idea how soon after the match ending this has happened?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
It looks horrible. I can't see how you would survive that. Still hoping for the best...
At this point the best case scenario is the all on board have passed away, tbh. Which is an awful thing to say.

Gunna have been lots of people still milling around after a game. Hopefully no bystanders involved.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The helicopter apparently crashed in the staff car park.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Games cancelled tomorrow if such tragedy has happened? I'd assume so.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
At this point the best case scenario is the all on board have passed away, tbh. Which is an awful thing to say.

Gunna have been lots of people still milling around after a game. Hopefully no bystanders involved.
Yeah I'm hoping too.
It's just bloody awful.

AndyJ1985

In a situation like that I'd want to be killed instantly, rather than be conscious when the fire break out. Unfortunately that accident is not survivable by anyone on board, just hope it didn't take out any bystanders.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Was this straight after the game ended? A lot of people leaving the stadium if so.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Could be anything from crash landing and escaped before the blaze, to..well much worse, couldn't it?
Really hope it's the former.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why not? It's a crazy thing to happen which will reverberate around the football world if worst to be expected.
Tough one. I always remember when Muamba collapsed live on tv and was fighting for his life, games took place the next day although our next game was v Bolton and that was rightly cancelled.

Gary Speed death was announced on a Sunday lunchtime and Swansea Villa was still played an hour later.

I think games will go ahead but Leicester are well within their rights to ask for their next games to be cancelled.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
In a situation like that I'd want to be killed instantly, rather than be conscious when the fire break out. Unfortunately that accident is not survivable by anyone on board, just hope it didn't take out any bystanders.
I feel most people would - I know I'd like to go that way. Rather that than being burned alive.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a horrible day for football. The guys at BT sport must be shaken, first Hoddle collapsing in their studio, now this while they were on air.

Looking at the pictures, I can't imagine how anybody on board got out alive. In the car park of all places too, feck. Hopefully the fans had all got away.

Hopefully, as miraculous as it would be, there are no casualties. Awful scenes.

cyberman

Could be anything from crash landing and escaped before the blaze, to..well much worse, couldn't it?
Really hope it's the former.
We would have heard by now if there were survivors unfortunately

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Something wrong with the propel apparently and went down shortly after taking off.