Manchester United wins - 60
    Leicester City wins - 33
    Draws - 28

Pre-Match Pressers

José Mourinho

Claudio Ranieri

Team News

Manchester United

Bastian Schweinsteiger ruled out. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Chris Smalling and Timothy Fosu-Mensah doubtful.

Leicester City

Robert Huth ruled out.

Know the opposition

Leicester City Football Club - nicknamed The Foxes, The Blues, City, and Blue Army - are a professional football club based in Leicester; and were founded in 1884 by a group of old boys of Wyggeston School as Leicester Fosse, before joining the Football Association in 1890. In 1919, when League football resumed after World War I, Leicester Fosse ceased trading due to financial difficulties of which little is known. The club was reformed as Leicester City Football Club, particularly appropriate as the borough of Leicester had recently been given city status. Leicester City are the current champions of the English First division - the first title win in club history, after enjoying only moderate success through the years - winning 3 League Cups, and reaching the final of the FA Cup 4 times. Leicester's most prominent rivalries are with fellow Nottingham Forest, Coventry City and Derby County; and they have been playing their home games at The King Power Stadium (originally named Filbert Way) since 2002.

Referee

Craig Pawson.​

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
    Should be a good game. Interesting to see the combo Vardy-Mahrez again.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
    Panthère du Ndé
    It's fitting for current champions to face off with the next ones. 1-5 United, Rooney hattrick, Rashford and Januzaj.

zeekey

I like this squad list (to the right) especially the bottom two handsome chaps.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
    Looking forward to this, hopefully my ticket application is successful...

Also, slightly off topic but @Niall , what is my prize for winning last year's lineup predictions league? :angel:

ChaddyP

totally forgot about this game. Honestly think we should win comfortably based on nothing but gut feeling

jojose

I think we will thump them....4-0 something like that.
    I cant see anything other than them seriously struggling this year.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Will Zlatan play this? Can imagine Mourinho not bothering fielding him for a charity shield, but he might need the fitness given he's not featuring in China.

jojose

Why? So far they've only lost Kante..
    Who was key to them. Mahrez looks likely to go too. Regardless, I just think that they will struggle.

They went from just surviving relegation to league winners. In reality, on review of their squad of players, they are somewhere in the middle of that and perhaps close to the bottom end. They did brilliant last year and fully deserved to win the league. This yeat they will have to content with expectation, opposition actually playing against them and making plans to nullify them, loss of players, loss of form, injury.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Will be interesting to see who is fit for this. Players from the euros will be at the china tour but wont play, right? So thats just the game in Sweden and Everton as warm up. Probably about a half for them while we save them properly for the start of the season. Should be a good game though. Leicezter even though they lost Kante are still a good side with quality players. They will probably strengthen a bit too.

Yagami

Good post resistant
    Will Zlatan play this? Can imagine Mourinho not bothering fielding him for a charity shield, but he might need the fitness given he's not featuring in China.
    Zlatan's set to debut against Galatasaray is he not? So I'd assume he'd play some part in this game, too.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Will be interesting to see who is fit for this. Players from the euros will be at the china tour but wont play, right? So thats just the game in Sweden and Everton as warm up. Probably about a half for them while we save them properly for the start of the season. Should be a good game though. Leicezter even though they lost Kante are still a good side with quality players. They will probably strengthen a bit too.

I imagine that this is being considered as much a warm up game as it is a start to our season. Can you still make more than 3 subs in this match, or am I going completely mad in thinking you can/used to be able to do that?

bosnian_red

I imagine that this is being considered as much a warm up game as it is a start to our season. Can you still make more than 3 subs in this match, or am I going completely mad in thinking you can/used to be able to do that?
    Pretty sure 6 are allowed

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
    Pretty sure 6 are allowed
    The FA wanted to change that 2-3 years ago but the clubs were against that.......so 6 subs are still allowed.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
    I went 2-2 but meant to go 2-1 to us.

I think we'll edge it, but these guys were constantly under-estimated last season and punished the opposition on every occasion, so would be daft to assume that their time of winning is over. But at the same time Jose is going to want to send a message. I can't see either team keeping the other quiet for 90 minutes.

Of course most of this result really hinges on who they manage to keep hold of.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
    Calling it now; Leicester will win this 1-0, we'll be boring as hell and the 'slow zombie sideways passing' thread will make a comeback.

Cathy Ferguson

Zlatan's set to debut against Galatasaray is he not? So I'd assume he'd play some part in this game, too.
    It is most likely that Zlatan will play 45 minutes in Gothenburg, and maybe 60-70 minutes in this game.

bosnian_red

Itll be:
    De gea
    Valencia Smalling Bailly Shaw
    Pogba Carrick
    Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
    Ibrahimovic​

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
    Leicester City
    Kasper is likely our no1 to start the season though I personally wouldn't be too upset if he was eventually replaced, he doesn't dominate his area enough for me & Zieler has decent distribution as well as being more dominant aerially, think Huth's place is in question with the signing of Hernandez who looks a very classy defender, still need a right back but not sure what I think of the Corluka link, will be interesting next sunday morning to see if Vardy and Musa play upfront together vs PSG, still think our most likely system will be 433 this season

Kasper

Simpson Hernandez Morgan Fuchs

Drinkwater Mendy King

Mahrez Vardy Musa​

Zippy20

Supports
    Hertha BSC
    It probably won't be a very pretty game from both sides as i have a feeling it will take some more weeks to get (back) to full sharpness. I think United will win this 2-1.

ThanksBoss26

Early guess would be

De Gea

Valencia
    Smalling
    Bailly
    Shaw

Carrick
    Herrera

Mkhitaryan
    Rooney
    Lingard

Rashford

Not expecting any of the players who've not yet returned to training to start. Could be wrong though. Not yet ascertained how much Mourinho values the fabled 'match rhythm'.

arthurka

Who knows. . We didn't lose v Leicester last season so Mou is here.. 2-1 us Zlatan and Martial..

Remix

LordoftheStreams
    Anyone know where i can still get tickets for this?

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
    I dont want to see Lingard anywhere near the starting 11. Would rather have literally anyone else in his place.

I expect Zlatan and Martial will be included, even if theyre not necessarilly to start.

Billy Jim

Probably a draw.

Team prediction:

De Gea
    Valencia Smalling Bailly Shaw
    Carrick Herrera
    Mkhitaryan Rooney Depay
    Rashford
    Martial, Zlatan and others off the bench.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    No point calling this till shopping is done. But Leicester are looking sharp pre-season. Won't be as easy as people think but we should win this. Hopefully Jose will have all the players he wants in place long before then. Will do my predictions next week

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    A lot of players won't be up to scratch for this and if we don't buy our midfield is woeful. Still, the game is a couple of weeks away so we'll see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Eric Bailly image Eric Bailly 69% of 1049 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 713 ratings.

Score Predictions