Kick-off
Sun, 26 July 2020 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Wish Fred and Mctominay were on form right now. This is another game for them. We need their energy and defensive contribution. Pogba playing in the double pivot is so crap defensively. Just an extra body

K_Ash

fingers crossed for Luke, I just dont want to see Brandon Williams out there

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
    I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
    They’ll be fresher and still have all to play for. Despite being in a slide it’s one last big effort and they still have enough going forward to create plenty of problems for us. We have to score first otherwise we’re in trouble.

buckooo1978

If I were Ole I'd make changes in the engine room

------------------------DDG---------------------------
    AWB------Lindelof--Maguire--------Shaw
    --------------Fred-----McTominay--------------
    ---------------Lingard----Pogba----------------
    ------------Martial--------Rashford------------

I'd pick a hard working side with Fernandes, Greenwood and Matic ready to step in

Think that extra body in midfield will help us control things

RonaldoVII

So on the last day of the season we drop one of our best players for a championship winger who can’t dribble past a player?
    He was our worst player today. James has started in big games where teams need to attack us. Perhaps he isn't the answer but the last thing we need is another Rashford performance like today.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
    Play with the guys who even made it possible for us to be here.

Were on a bobble no doubt, but Leicester are in free fall. 3 of the back four out. Their most creative player out.

If we put the first one past them heads will drop and they will give up.

Martial
    Rashford - Bruno - Greenwood
    Pogba - Matic
    Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - AWB
    DDG​

Maybe McT for Matic would be the only change.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It would be a big shame if Leceister were to beat us and get top 4 after we spent 80m on their best center back

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
    Rashford and Pogba should be dropped for this and hopefully Shaw will be back. I'd have Ighalo in for Rashford with Martial moving to the left and Ighalo up top. Fred or Mctomminay would be a straight swap for Pogba.
    I don't say drop Pogba because of the handball but in general he looks lethargic, gets caught in possession and seems to have lost his confidence when it comes the creativity.

CallyRed

Been like this for 7 years now.
    Just have to get use to it in afraid.
    Have we gone into the last day needing to secure a Champions League spot since SAF? Think the times we have qualified we have done so before the final day.

I may be wrong

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    Why does everyone want to change the front 3 all of a sudden, that's the one part of the pitch that has been dependable.

Even on their worst days they create match winning moments.
    Totally agree.
    Its not hard to imagine Greenwood, Martial, Bruno and Rashy having a lot of joy against that Leicester defence.

Dinghy

This game is made for Rashford. Unless we feck it up and gift them the lead early in the game there will be space to counter.

always_hoping

Only Spurs,Man City and Liverpool have got more points at home than Leicester this season. Leicester have conceded just 15 goals at home only City (13) have conceded less goals at home.

Ludens the Red

Ive seen two line ups with Lingard and James starting. Are we resting players again for a more important game later in the week ?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    This game is made for Rashford. Unless we feck it up and gift them the lead early in the game there will be space to counter.
    Remember Leicester away in 17/18 where the game was perfect for our counter attack and then we kept fecking up really promising counter attacks until they scored in the last minute. Can see that on Sunday.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Have we gone into the last day needing to secure a Champions League spot since SAF? Think the times we have qualified we have done so before the final day.

I may be wrong
    We’ve only finished in the top 4 twice since Sir Alex left, 2015 we clinched 4th in the 3rd last game and 2018 we finished 2nd.

We haven’t had something to play for on the final day of the season since 2012. In 2016 we would have but our game got postponed and then City got the point they needed before we got to play it.

Last edited:

Devil may care

Made it harder than it needed to be with tonight's result, not sure what Ole will do, probably just start the same 11 and hope for the best as Leicester play a style that leaves them open to attack.

The biggest concern is they press hard in midfield and we struggle to deal with teams that employ that tactic. Just hope we can at least get a draw and then evaluate the squad from a CL qualified position.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'd maybe bring in another midfielder for this game to help us control the midfield. Not a fan of the diamond, but it could be worth a shout.

That said, I'm pretty sure Ole will play the same team. There's no excuses for not getting a draw at least. They're missing players and are in bad form themselves.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

If we can't get a result against these lot without their most of their starting defense and Maddison, honestly don't see how we deserve CL.

Vaibhav Raj

Our own little cup final sort of game. Looking forward to this. Tensions will be high. I wish United win this in a comfortable manner. But based on recent year big game tendencies and pattern of play, we are all in for drama filled 90+ minutes. Either way, can't wait. I have a feeling Pogba will score in this one.

Class of 63

Sourness
    Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
    Serious question, we're going into injury time at Leicester, it's 0-0, our reinforced ringpieces are struggling to take the strain when the news breaks that Wolves, despite Chelsea getting 5 penalties, are leading 0-1, do we let Leicester win in injury-time knowing it will almost certainly mean we've fcuked Chelsea over in their pursuit of T4?

always_hoping

Serious question, we're going into injury time at Leicester, it's 0-0, our reinforced ringpieces are struggling to take the strain when the news breaks that Wolves, despite Chelsea getting 5 penalties, are leading 0-1, do we let Leicester win in injury-time knowing it will almost certainly mean we've fcuked Chelsea over in their pursuit of T4?
    A draw between United Leicester and win for Wolves would mean

3rd United
    4th Leicester
    5th Chelsea

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Only Spurs,Man City and Liverpool have got more points at home than Leicester this season. Leicester have conceded just 15 goals at home only City (13) have conceded less goals at home.
    How many points have they got at home since they lost Soyuncu, Chilwell, Amartey, & Maddison?

always_hoping

How many points have they got at home since they lost Soyuncu, Chilwell, Amartey, & Maddison?
    beat Sheff United 2-0 in their last home game without all of those players. Amartey BTW hasn't played any minutes for Leicester in the league this season.

Last edited:

dabeast

If I were Leicester, I’d rather play EL next year. At their spending level they have no chance of (ever) winning CL but could actually win EL (and an automatic CL place).

To illustrate, look at Chelsea. Chelsea is in a worse position than us because they are playing Bayern in the CL (and can’t really win CL even if they progress), while we still could win the EL and get the same automatic place.

OTOH, at our spending level we need to be in CL and challenging for the PL.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    We just don't need to go all gung-ho. Let them come to us considering that we have a knackered starting 11.

We stick McT and Fred in the middle for the first 60mins to cut out their passing lanes and let the pressure to win build up. Then we hit them on the counter-attack.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    If I were Leicester, I’d rather play EL next year. They have no chance of (ever) winning CL but could actually win EL (and an automatic CL place).

To illustrate, look at Chelsea. Chelsea is in a worse position than us because they are playing Bayern in the CL (and can’t really win CL even if they progress), while we still could win the EL and get the same automatic place.
    If some of the Leicester callers on Talksport are anything to go by, they have started to refer the Europa as a mickey mouse competition -- and so they rather not play in it.

hungrywing

The two situations (out of nine) where Chelsea get fifth is a Wolves win plus we lose or draw. So we don't have to let Leicester win in your situation.

Longlivekeano

————————De Gea————————

-AWB—Maguire———Lindelof—Shaw-

————————Matic————————-

————McTominay——Fernandes—

-Greenwood——Martial——Pogba—-

Subs:
    Romero
    TFM
    Williams
    Fred (2nd half sub to inject energy in engine room)
    James (2nd half sub to tire Leicester defenders)
    Rashford (2nd half sub for Greenwood to inject pace)
    Ighalo (2nd half sub only to come on if we’re winning and need to keep ball)

prediction: 1-1 martial with goal

That_Bloke

Supports
    Leicester City
    Thought I'd find you in a more optimistic mood.

You might be running on fumes but I'd say we're in far worst form. Rodgers seems to have lost his mojo since December and our run post lockdown has been terrible. We blew up a comfortable lead and injuries/suspensions have decimated our squad. If Rodgers refuses to adapt his game and decides to gung ho against you (like the Spurs game), your forwards will have a field day.

The first who scores will win this game. Can't see a draw but a shithouse either way is more than possible.

Anyway good luck, it will be an interesting game.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sultan
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 356 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win