Sun, 26 July 2020 @ 4:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
    Atkinson. Just as bad. Used to screw us over vs Chelsea in every title race back in the days. Pretty sure he was in charge of the disasterclass vs Pompey in the FAC too. Guy is from Leeds and hates us.
    Omg a throw back. A million years ago I had the time and energy to work out how bad he was for us. We were twice as likely to lose a match with him as the ref as on average. This was when he was peak Chelsea, so maybe 2007-08.

We're f*cked.

Alemar

Could we protest Against Atkinson and require another referee?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    This sounds more like a premonition to me.

Its all good guys Mr McGrathSipan has eased all our nerves. Us and Leicester will qualify for top 4 sunday. He is hero we needed in these pessimistic times! ;)
    :D

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
    It's funny what football does to you. We are all bricking it about qualifying for a competition that we know we aren't good enough to win next season.

I realise there is more to it than that and it's important for the club finances and to attract the top players of course. However we are a million miles off being CL contenders in truth.

Still de depressed as hell if we lose though..... Hahahahaha

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    We need Fred against pressing teams. Pogba is a disaster waiting to happen at the back. Fitness gone...afterall he's missed most of the season and his his pre-season fitness work is gone.

Ole is an idiot. Against West-Ham he could clearly see were were being outran in midfield and should have replaced both Pogba and Matic but instead just sat there twiddling his thumbs.
    We tried to replace Pogba and Matic against Chelsea and it worked 0%

Mihai

Would you say that we are bottlers if we win on Sunday? It's the same. You have called us bottlers before thee final game, so why can't the same be said for Leicester before the final game?
    But most importantly, would people finally say that Ole passed the first real test if we win on Sunday?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    And get Mike Dean or that bellend Micheal Oliver? I'll take my chances.

Vardy will 100% score as he always does against us and big teams in general, so we will need to score at least 2 goals.

Rashford and Fernandes better be on their games this weekend.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
    And get Mike Dean or that bellend Micheal Oliver? I'll take my chances.

Vardy will 100% score as he always does against us and big teams in general, so we will need to score at least 2 goals.

Rashford and Fernandes better be on their games this weekend.
    No Soyuncu for this game, so Ighalo and his physicality might help us just in case.

ManUnitedCanuck

Nerves are going for this match. We should be favourites but anything can happen in a one off.

if fit I can see Bailly starting over Lindelof just for his pace against Vardy. They will be looking to hit him quickly and have him one on one with our CBs, or just trying to outpace them. Who ever starts at the back will have to work as a team to help out and cover.

Come on United!

Adam-Utd

No Soyuncu for this game, so Ighalo and his physicality might help us just in case.
    Ighalo has hardly played recently so not sure his stamina will last for 90 minutes, prefer him as an impact sub.

Not sure why Ole only gave him like 5-10 minutes though on the weekend!

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
    Ighalo has hardly played recently so not sure his stamina will last for 90 minutes, prefer him as an impact sub.

Not sure why Ole only gave him like 5-10 minutes though on the weekend!
    Yes, I meant he should come from the bench earlier or later and try to bully their fragmented defense. I'm fully prepared not everyone in attacking block will regenerate till Sunday, so this is exactly why Ighalo should play at some point as he's not fatigued.

If we'll keep pushing their defense with intesity, they'll crack.

Smithy89

This is a massive game, need some big game players to show up if we have any.

Shiva87

It's funny what football does to you. We are all bricking it about qualifying for a competition that we know we aren't good enough to win next season.

I realise there is more to it than that and it's important for the club finances and to attract the top players of course. However we are a million miles off being CL contenders in truth.

Yes, we are some way off winning the CL on current squad depth + quality. But we were some way off being a squad deserving of a top 4 finish at the beginning of this season. That's progress. 12 months is a long time in football and a lot can change.

The reason people are losing it is not because they care much about the club's finances - that's Woodwood's job. The reason is that nights like PSG away last season happen only against the best clubs. No one wants another season of tumescent EL football.

Very myopic to think that we should qualify for CL only if we can win it.

Adam-Utd

Yes, I meant he should come from the bench earlier or later and try to bully their fragmented defense. I'm fully prepared not everyone in attacking block will regenerate till Sunday, so this is exactly why Ighalo should play at some point as he's not fatigued.

If we'll keep pushing their defense with intesity, they'll crack.
    Tbf they'll be playing Morgan who is a man mountain so not sure he would get easily bullied, but he can't run anymore.

I just hope Martials speed will give him and Evans a nightmare.

Withnail

Fred was awful against Chelsea. I wouldnt trust playing him against Leicester.

Play our best 11. Play with energy and intent. Win the second balls. Leave everything out there on the pitch.

We have the quality to see this through. Let go.
    Agreed.

It's a one-off game. Tiredness shouldn't come into it.

Glorio

I think if we can get Shaw and AWB fit and in that starting lineup, we have a good chance.

We actually started the game against West Ham lively enough but there was zero width in attack at all and that was 100% due to the full backs we had. If we were any narrower, we would be virtually standing in a straight line, hands on shoulders!

People have slated AWB for offering little going forward, but watching Fosu-Mensah that first half, he hardly ever ventured forward, even when in space, he just stopped and passed it back. There was a period of play where West Ham just left that flank empty and Pogba kept on passing to him, only for him to casually stop and pass it back. Williams was similar, albeit for a different reason (being right footed) so there were no runs to stretch the play, pull defenders out, and create space. We ended up huffing and puffing trying to force things through the middle which was already congested, and by the time AWB came on, we had a different problem, the midfield was gassed.

With AWB and Shaw, you know they'll make runs and create space in the centre by dragging defenders along with them, so as long as they're available, my extremely hopeful view is that the strikers and midfield will have more space to exploit, and we'll be able to score early when the boys are still full of energy and have something to hold on to.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
    Tbf they'll be playing Morgan who is a man mountain so not sure he would get easily bullied, but he can't run anymore.

I just hope Martials speed will give him and Evans a nightmare.
    Bruno or Pogba can easily put ball through their defense and Ighalo will chase that faster than Morgan. Evans is actually decent defender, when he had a guy like Maguire or recently Soyuncu with him. He won't have that for this game.

Martial or Greenwood, both should find gaps to shoot. I'm even thinking of giving few minutes at the end for James if Chilwell is also out. James could do his thing where defenders need to risk of foul in the box.

We got some options.

USREDEVIL

We had better be at it from the first minute. I know that Leceister will be super aggressive in the first 20 minutes or so and try to get that first goal.

Gator Nate

Ole's last real test.
    :lol: and so it ends...

So, I think he goes with the standard XI, unless Shaw is unavailable, in which case it's Williams.

Vardy will get his goal.

But we'll get three, Ole will push hard for 30 minutes and then go defensive, but Leicester's back line won't stop our 10-man attack. Greenwood will be the man.

3rd place, Champions League settled.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

It's stepping stones. By qualifying, we give ourself the chance to buy better players to possibly up our chances of competing in it.

You know this though.

Water Melon

Agreed.

It's a one-off game. Tiredness shouldn't come into it.
    In reality tiredness will be a key factor. There is psychology and then there is physiology. The laws of nature are universal. Playing out of your skin may make you a bit more aggressive, but may also result in lapses of concentration. After first thirty minutes, we will start feeling it. It all depends on Leicester though. Are they really gonna go for it right from the whistle or will they try to play a longer game and aim to hit us in the second half knowing that we are knackered. If we had the same time to rest as the foxes, I would be ready to bet my house on our win, however, we will be on our very last legs and there is no magic when it comes to rehab, unfortunately.

Tony247

I would suggest try reducing the tempo for most of the match. But unfortunately we can't retain the ball in midfield for long. Otherwise that would have been excellent - and frustrating - counter strategy for high pace Leicester.

Knux

Supports
    AIK Stockholm
    If we lose on sunday it wont be the referee’s fault, that’s for sure. The lads will be up for it, and it will be enough to secure 3rd place with a win. Atkinson can’t do ANYTHING about it.

We just need Bruno, Pogba and Rashy to SHOW UP on sunday. They have been pretty invincible since the Southampton game due to tiredness but now it’s time to show up, no excuses!
    Would be huge if Shaw is back. But other than that I would probably start the same lineup. McTominay for Matic maybe.

Just look at Leicesters injurylist, it’s devastating. Only ourselves to blame if we miss out on top 4.

100% confident going into sunday. The lads worked so hard for this since january. I can’t see them feck it up on the last day. Our first 11 and recent form is so much better than theirs too.

CMON REDS we got this! I’m pumped as feck :devil:

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
    I can't see anything other than a Leicester win. I'm already focusing on the Europa League.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 356 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw