Kick-off
Sun, 21 March 2021 @ 5:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    ..............VS......................

Date - Sunday, March 21 2021

Kickoff Time - 1700 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Old Trafford, Manchester

FA Cup form guide

Manchester United: WWW
    Leicester City: WWW

Previous FA Cup Meetings

Leicester City 1—2 Manchester United

Manchester United 3—1 Leicester City

All-Time FA Cup Record

Manchester United wins: 2
    Leicester City wins: 0
    Draws: 0

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Brendan Rodgers

Team News

Manchester United

Juan Mata and Phil Jones ruled out. Anthony Martial, Edinson Cavani, Marcus Rashford and Eric Bailly doubtful.

Leicester City

Wes Morgan, James Maddison, James Justin, Harvey Barnes and Ricardo Pereira ruled out. Dennis Praet doubtful.

Know the opposition

Leicester City Football Club (nicknamed The Foxes, The Blues, City, and Blue Army), are a professional football club based in Leicester. Leicester City was founded in 1884 by a group of old boys of Wyggeston School as Leicester Fosse, before joining the Football Association in 1890. In 1919, when League football resumed after World War I, Leicester Fosse ceased trading due to financial difficulties of which little is known. The club was reformed as Leicester City Football Club, particularly appropriate as the borough of Leicester had recently been given city status.

Leicester City have enjoyed moderate success through the years - winning 3 League Cups, and reaching the final of the FA Cup 4 times - prior to their odds-defying Premier League title win in 2015/16. Leicester City's most prominent rivals are Nottingham Forest, Coventry City and Derby County, and they have been playing their home games at The King Power Stadium (originally named Filbert Way) since 2002.

Familiar Faces

Jonny Evans (2006—15)

Referee

Craig Pawson.​

paulscholes18

Henderson
    AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Matic
    Greenwood VDB Pogba
    Cavani

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    Pogba being back is huge but some off these lads have played non-stop. Any idea if Martial or Cavani will be back?

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Confident now that Pogba is back. Hopefully Cavani and Martial too.

Siorac

I know it's not going to happen but still: rest every key player. Bruno, Wan Bissaka, Shaw, etc. played a ridiculous amount this season and it's about time to give them a breather.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Team should be...

---------------Henderson---------------
    AWB---Lindelof---Maguire---Shaw
    ---McTominay---Fred---
    James----Fernandes----Pogba
    --------------Greenwood--------------

Subs: De Gea, Grant, Tuanzebe, Telles, Williams, Matic, VDB, Amad, Shoretire

Im assuming no one else will be back from injury

charlenefan

I know it's not going to happen but still: rest every key player. Bruno, Wan Bissaka, Shaw, etc. played a ridiculous amount this season and it's about time to give them a breather.
    This is the last game before the international break, rest no one

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Brutal game to have on the back of this past few weeks and our injury run. We don't have the squad to keep this up, especially with the injuries. Think we'll lose here and end up pushing for the Europa League which is fine for me tbh. We're the best team left in that, we aren't in this. At least it's international break after this, a weekend too late though imo. Just have to rest Shaw, Bruno, I'm guessing Rashford will be out, Martial and Cavani unlikely...
    Guessing:
    Henderson
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Telles
    McTominay Fred
    James Van de Beek Pogba
    Greenwood​

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
    Scout
    One final game to grind through and then we can hopefully recover some of the injured lads for the next wave of games post Internationals.

Siorac

This is the last game before the international break, rest no one
    All the more reason to rest some players: they will have to travel and play international games. The break isn't a holiday for them, just more football.

charlenefan

All the more reason to rest some players: they will have to travel and play international games. The break isn't a holiday for them, just more football.
    feck resting them for the national sides to benefit

James35

If all fit.

De Gea, AWB, Maguire, Bailly, Shaw, Fred, Pogba, Fernandes, Greenwood, Cavani, Martial.

1-2

More confident than I was tonight although I'm sure McFred and James will play again unfortunately.

Gator Nate

Aren't Leicester going through a bit of their own injury problems right now? Or has that passed?

I still feel confident about this game. Like, a 2-1 or 3-1 win. Vardy's gonna Vardy, unless Ihenacho gets one off a Vardy assist. Other than that, I feel we can stop them.

Henderson
    AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    McTominay - Fred
    Greenwood - Bruno - Pogba
    Cavani​

Yes, Pogba on the right worked, and I'm not sure Rashford's up for another start.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
    No way Rashford should start. His current form dictates that. Bruno is also very close to that mark as well. Both should be bench options.

Brightonian

Everyone's so knackered. We have to use as many fresh returnees as possible. Pogba nailed on to start of course, and hopefully Cavani. After today, I would consider finally starting VdB instead of Bruno, who was easily the worst player on the pitch against Milan and has been struggling somewhat for a while. It might feck with their gameplan too, since no-one will expect it.

I'd go with:

Henderson
    McT Fred
    Greenwood VdB Pogba
    Cavani
    Yes it's a risk to make so many changes, but it's also a risk to play a bunch of cripples. At the very least, it should be:

Henderson
    McT Fred
    Greenwood Pogba James
    Cavani​

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    The cretins over at foxestalk want to hospitalise Bruno. That place is filled with utter scumbags. Hope their actual supporters are better than that.

always_hoping

Leicester well rested for this game. How much United have left in the tank will be a decider here.

Hopefully Martial, Cavani are fit to feature.

Red00012

A strange time to rest them just before an international break ..

dpansheth

Pogba being back is huge but some off these lads have played non-stop. Any idea if Martial or Cavani will be back?
    Pogba did not look fit but that will happen due to a month of break.
    I think we cement potentially atleast 3rd if we win this. 1-1 or 2-2 is my prediction though.
    Need a Greenwood goal.

SwedishFish

Pogba did not look fit but that will happen due to a month of break.
    I think we cement potentially atleast 3rd if we win this. 1-1 or 2-2 is my prediction though.
    Need a Greenwood goal.
    What are you on about?

First of all this is a FA Cup game. Secondly Pogba played out of his skin and didn't look fatigued at all against Milan.

Siorac

A strange time to rest them just before an international break ..
    We have to do it at some point. The players I'm most worried about - Shaw, Fernandes, Rashford - will all be away with their respective national teams, Rashford and Bruno at least are likely to play the games, too so it won't be a break for them, just more football and even more exhaustion.

van Persie

We have to do it at some point. The players I'm most worried about - Shaw, Fernandes, Rashford - will all be away with their respective national teams, Rashford and Bruno at least are likely to play the games, too so it won't be a break for them, just more football and even more exhaustion.
    feck that. They are signed to play for Manchester United. If we are going to rest our players due to a national break I rather we take the risk because at the end of the day the club comes first and we should aim for trophies, not planning ahead of players playing elsewhere. If they aren't fit to play for the national team they should not and hopefully those responsible for that make the right choice.

Siorac

feck that. They are signed to play for Manchester United. If we are going to rest our players due to a national break I rather we take the risk because at the end of the day the club comes first and we should aim for trophies, not planning ahead of players playing elsewhere. If they aren't fit to play for the national team they should not and hopefully those responsible for that make the right choice.
    Well, I get the whole principles thing and everything, but the reality is that the national teams, fighting for World Cup qualification, won't care about us either. Bruno's been looking a bit shit for weeks now and we keep squeezing every last drop out of him. By the end of the season, he and many of our key players will be absolute wrecks.

Stevondo8

No way Rashford should play, and he should withdraw from England squad too. Have a few weeks off to recover and come back fresher.

henderson
    Awb lindelof maguire shaw
    Matic
    VDB Pogba
    Bruno
    Cavani Greenwood

Bwuk

Assuming we don't have anyone new fit (Cavani, Martial etc), I'd like to see us go with a diamond. This side won't happen though.

Henderson
    McTominay
    Fred - Pogba
    Van de Beek
    Greenwood - Bruno​

Dve

Maybe not good too to make too many chances, but knowing some of our players will play every minute in the upcoming international matches (Lindelöf, Fernandes, McTominay, James), I´d go with:

...................... De Gea

Bissaka - Bailly (Tuanzebe) - Maguire - Telles

................... Fred - Matic

Diallo ............Pogba .... Martial (Rashford)

.................... Cavani

Gerald G

This is tough because it feels like we're running on empty. I would love to start Van de Beek but he's been out for like a month? It's a tough one and Rashford should be rested/pull out the England squad. I'm thinking about who will play a lot over the international break too.

Henderson
    AWB--Bailly--Maguire--Shaw(Telles)
    McTominay--Fred
    James--Pogba--Martial
    Greenwood

or
    Matic--Fred
    VdB--Bruno--Pogba
    Greenwood

I will probably change this team once I know who's fit

AgentSmith

Henderson
    AWB - Bailly - Maguire - Shaw
    McTominay - Fred
    Greenwood - Bruno - Pogba
    Cavani​

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
    Feyenoord
    Assuming we don't have anyone new fit (Cavani, Martial etc), I'd like to see us go with a diamond. This side won't happen though.

Henderson
    McTominay
    Fred - Pogba
    Van de Beek
    Greenwood - Bruno​
    I foresee issues with playing out from the back with McTominay as the holding mid. I don't trust Fred to stay in position in that role either. He needs some freedom to do his Fred things. Could work against weaker teams (with Fred). Prime Matic would have been wonderfully suited to that role.

If we go that route I'd rather see a 4-2-2-2

Bruno Mason
    Paul Donny
    Fred Scott
    Luke Harry Victor Aaron
    Dean​

But even that one isn't ideal, because I like McTominay more box-to-box. I think these conundrums are why Ole hasn't used these formations lately. Both of these 4-4-2 type formations are very tricky when dealing with attacking fullbacks. You lose the diamond/square if one of the midfielders has to deal with them. It's why Cruyff and LVG preferred 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 (either with a striker that likes to drop down or with a CB that's great on the ball and can dribble into midfield to create a diamond). The wingers play a key defensive role in their systems.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Henderson

AWB
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

Matic
    VDB
    Pogba

Bruno

Mason
    Cavani/Amad

Won't happen but it'd be interesting to see.

Hughes35

Brighton is the game to rest people, not Leicester in the latter stages of a cup.

-------------------------------Henderson-------------------------
    AWB----------------Bailly---------------Maguire----------------Telles
    --------------------------Fred--------------Mctom---------------------
    James----------------------Fernandes------------------------Pogba
    ---------------------------------Greenwood------------------------------

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player