Kick-off
Sun, 21 March 2021 @ 5:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hammondo

I'd go as far as saying we are going backwards. Would we be 2nd in the league if everyone else bar City wasn't even more awful

Why rest players for the quarter final of a cup competition, against a tricky side, when you've barely rested them all season. Why choose this game

Leicester didn't have any players out there today that I'd be desperate to see at United.

Ole needs to go, he's taken us as far as he can and is now out of his depth
    They definitely have some players better than ours.

Offsideagain

My cup is always half full, but that display today was frankly shocking. First decision not to start your strongest team was wrong, Fred was colour blind, no midfield, no energy and nothing from Ole in the first half. Second in the league, still in the Muppet Cup so it could be worse. Just wonder if Haaland and Sancho were watching this, they will be on the phone to Madrid in the morning.

United Hobbit

He’ll say how it’s progress with a shit eating grin on his face.
    He probably will, though actually it isn't progressing as we got to the semis last season.

It'll be the usual "not good enough but the lads tried hard, they were well organised, we come together as a team etc etc"

Robertd0803

Absolute shit. Stupid mistakes and shit performances all round.

Beyond frustrating that we are so massively inconsistent.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    Love this place after a loss it’s knives out for Ole!

(Whilst conveniently forgetting the awful performance from the team, but this forum has a hard-on for a hipster manager so will conveniently forget this glaring issue)

Bertie Wooster

Absolutely gutted.

I'm fed up of this f*cking stupid modern idea of resting players for cup games and throwing away the chance of a trophy.

Southampton waiting in the S/ F - a great chance to get to a final - and we put in a shit performance with our two player of the year candidates on the bloody bench.

I'll never understand the 'later stages of cups still less important than any one of the 38 league games' mentality.

F*cking fuming that we didn't give it our all. Another chance of a trophy voluntarily thrown away.
    Specially when finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th doesn't mean much except CL. I'd rather drop points and finish 4th and win a cup than finish 2nd while crashing out of tournaments.
    Yep, 100%.

If you're not in a title race, or battling relegation, then it's crazy to rest your best players for a very tough, later stage knockout cup match than for a random league game.

But the modern thinking is just 'its only the cup - make changes'. It's crazy how fans and managers are happy to throw away so many trophy opportunities season after season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Rodgers is a far better manager. Give him Oles budget and he competes for the title
    Really? He got exposed by Slavia Prague with no players of note.

Ole is not the long term coach to get us to a winning level but let’s not pretend that Rodgers is. His side has been badly exposed on many occasions yet no one seems to mention it

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    He often does but he’s too slow to be a centre mid for us anymore
    No, he really doesn't. He's happy standing next to his CBs in acres of space playing simple passes with all the time in the world. He doesn't show when the team is under pressure. He doesn't look for the ball if he has an opposition player with 100 yards of him. He leaves his CM partner to do anything of any real difficultly. Fred was having a nightmare in there today and at no point did Matic even attempt to step up and take some responsibility in the game. People have been making this same excuses for about 4 years now. He's 32, not 40. Pirlo was a carthorse but he dictated play well into his 30s, and not because he found some new lease of life at Juve.

Ranchero

(Whilst conveniently forgetting the awful performance from the team, but this forum has a hard-on for a hipster manager so will conveniently forget this glaring issue)
    So you think resting players when we dont play another game for two weeks is normal. This is the FA Cup quarter final for goodness sake.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    Really? He got exposed by Slavia Prague with no players of note.

Ole is not the long term coach to get us to a winning level but let’s not pretend that Rodgers is. His side has been badly exposed on many occasions yet no one seems to mention it
    Yup.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    As long as you give him the same credit for us beating Milan, then sure.
    This place loves to forget all the good Ole has done and puts a massive magnifying glass on all the negatives, he never gets the credit he deserves on here. it’s a Man Utd forum that loves to hate Man Utd.

Kopral Jono

He does nothing.

He's a waste of space.

The only thing he seems to do anymore is occasionally win cheap free kicks and penalties.
    What I'm trying to say was on top of his general uselessness all around, I think he's lost a bit of pace, which makes him even more useless in the long run. I agree with your sentiments. He absolutely needs to go.

Matt851

I dont suppose you have watched chelsea when lampard was in charge and since tuchel took over.

It might highlight what a credible manager who has earned a job at a top club can do (which seems to be what you mean by hipster) as opposed to a 'legend' who no other club in the league woild want as their manager

hungrywing

Our players seem to think that they'll get a huge stats boost by simply just putting on the United shirt. Like suddenly their passing + shooting stats will go up +30 points, just because we're Manchester United.

If we were West Brom today, you'd say that we were a shit side who give the ball away unforgivably.
    What could make such a thing happen? If only there were some such phenomena and if only they were well-documented in the literature.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Fofana, Soyuncu & Evans are all better CB's than what you have right now.
    Evans? :lol: His one or two good games a season? How was he against Slavia?

Fofana is the only one I’d take. You deserved the win but don’t get carried away mate. You’ll still be a feeder club

Siorac

It's the awful performance from the team that makes people criticise the manager. You understand that, surely? They're not suggesting Ole himself played poorly.

Ranchero

I want Ole to prove everyone wrong. But i sense that if our expectations are to win things and challenge for titles, it pains me to say that we wont under him. There are too many bizarre tactical and selection decisions made that you just dont see with the top managers in the division. And when it mattered today he was found wanting. His decision to field a weakened team in a key game when we dont have another game for.two weeks on its own was nonsensical.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Fofana, Soyuncu & Evans are all better CB's than what you have right now.
    I think we've conceded the same number of goals in the league at the moment, and thats with your lot also having Ndidi who is very good.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Our players seem to think that they'll get a huge stats boost by simply just putting on the United shirt. Like suddenly their passing + shooting stats will go up +30 points, just because we're Manchester United.

If we were West Brom today, you'd say that we were a shit side who give the ball away unforgivably.
    Ole & Fred are West Brom level so it makes sense.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    I want Ole to prove everyone wrong. But i sense that if our expectations are to win things and challenge for titles, it pains me to say that we wont under him. There are too many bizarre tactical and selection decisions made that you just dont see with the top managers in the division. And when it mattered today he was found wanting. His decision to field a weakened team in a key game when we dont have another game for.two weeks on its own was nonsensical.
    You only just realised this? It’s been pretty evident for nearly 2 years...

He’s here because he’s a yes man for the Glazers. They have played an absolute blinder with him. Get a club legend who everyone likes, achieve bare minimum on the pitch, get that CL money, no fan pushback or backlash because it’s Ole, our legend who we all like. You’ve gotta admire the hustle from Joel & Ed. They’ve got our fanbase right where they want it. We’re happily accepting top 4 & no trophies.

“why invest big? We finished 2nd last season!”

jeff gurr

Supports
    Leicester City
    I think we've conceded the same number of goals in the league at the moment, and thats with your lot also having Ndidi who is very good.
    Ndidi is very very good. I'm expecting the big boys to come for him pretty soon.

lilcurt

We are 2nd in league and on course for top 4 two years in a row. That's better than both of them.
    Well it isn't better than Jose really is it if we are basing purely on achievement.

Regardless I don't see top 4 as success, it is also style of play and having confidence the team is moving in the right direction.

Tactically we are shambolic. I don't see evidence of Ole and his team getting more out of the players or making them better.

I have lost all confidence in Ole and don't feel we have any chance of meaningful success (a league title or CL) under him, regardless the players he is provided.

SirScholes

No, he really doesn't. He's happy standing next to his CBs in acres of space playing simple passes with all the time in the world. He doesn't show when the team is under pressure. He doesn't look for the ball if he has an opposition player with 100 yards of him. He leaves his CM partner to do anything of any real difficultly. Fred was having a nightmare in there today and at no point did Matic even attempt to step up and take some responsibility in the game. People have been making this same excuses for about 4 years now. He's 32, not 40. Pirlo was a carthorse but he dictated play well into his 30s, and not because he found some new lease of life at Juve.
    Can’t really compare matic to Pirlo like hahaha
    he’s never been about dictating the game he was a midfield ball winner who can’t really do that now
    But he’s still a better passer than Fred, in fact you probably are as well

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 274 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win