Kick-off
Sat, 16 October 2021 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

Leicester have been pretty horrible so far this season, I think we'll pull out a much needed win. But what do I know, I had us down to win 3-1 today :nervous:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    Wow, your lack of self awareness is astounding. Read that second paragraph back to yourself in a mirror. I've yet to see you engage in any sensible debates about Ole. Everything you've said in the second paragraph is exactly what you do. You're far from "good", mate - it's clear as day Ole being manager has gotten to you, you seem personally affected by the criticism.
    :lol: You're the one talking about lack of self awareness? Pot meet kettle. My loyalties lie with Manchester United. Not any manager, nor any player. The issues I've addressed in the past have nothing to do with who the manager is, but the vitriol that gets spouted on here after more or less every game. Not the ones who have fair and genuine criticism but those who more or less bask in defeat with stuff like "WHERE ARE YOU OLE LOVERS *insert meme*", "he will be sacked when he loses to Villarreal, can't wait for that" etc. It's a shitty way to behave on a fan forum, and many are rightfully tired of that kind of behavior. You know well who they are, you're active in those threads acting holier than thou.

The fact that you have it in your head that Ole being the manager has "gotten to me" and that I'm "personally affected by criticism" is pretty sad. The fact that you're getting triggered by a post saying "This will be Zidane's first real test" and using it as some sort of proof of your silly agenda is even sadder.

Your response to this will probably be more nonsense about me being "personally affected" or how it's taken a toll or whatever, and I'm not interested in reading it. Don't want to derail this thread any further. Ignored. Should've done it ages ago but better late than never. Got no time for strawmen.

Foxbatt

If Rogers have any brains he will just sit tight and defend until we mess up our own corner or a free kick or something like that and hit on the break.

Robbie Boy

I think it’ll be another draw. These were games we’d win ugly but we are wiiiiide open
    With our fixtures coming up, it's certainly a game where we need to pick up something. I fancy us being quite a-bit adrift of first place come the end of November. The opening fixtures fell very kindly for us, and the fact of the matter is, we should have more points on the board by now.

Robbie Boy

:lol: You're the one talking about lack of self awareness? Pot meet kettle. My loyalties lie with Manchester United. Not any manager, nor any player. The issues I've addressed in the past have nothing to do with who the manager is, but the vitriol that gets spouted on here after more or less every game. Not the ones who have fair and genuine criticism but those who more or less bask in defeat with stuff like "WHERE ARE YOU OLE LOVERS *insert meme*", "he will be sacked when he loses to Villarreal, can't wait for that" etc. It's a shitty way to behave on a fan forum, and many are rightfully tired of that kind of behavior. You know well who they are, you're active in those threads acting holier than thou.

The fact that you have it in your head that Ole being the manager has "gotten to me" and that I'm "personally affected by criticism" is pretty sad. The fact that you're getting triggered by a post saying "This will be Zidane's first real test" and using it as some sort of proof of your silly agenda is even sadder.

Your response to this will probably be more nonsense about me being "personally affected" or how it's taken a toll or whatever, and I'm not interested in reading it. Don't want to derail this thread any further. Ignored. Should've done it ages ago but better late than never. Got no time for strawmen.
    *Throw out a load of nonsense and then say you're ignoring a poster. Very balanced and normal thing to do. I'll respond anyway.

State of this. Yes, you are very clearly lacking self awareness, if you honestly sat there and directed that second paragraph at me in your last post. A green emoji only tells me you're a very wound up individual, which is also clear from other threads. Your own insecurities are coming to the fore, but you're randomly directing them at me in a most out of context manner. I'm not the enemy, and if I am, then you're more wound up than I thought.

Your second paragraph is more rubbish. I engage in actual debate, whereas you run to your echo chamber to insult others with your snidey nonsense. And yeah, you are clearly personally affected. Look at you running to put half the forum on ignore because they dare criticise Ole. Weren't you also talking about leaving the forum recently? Sounds to me like it's personally affecting you so. You can throw your silly cliches like 'strawman' and 'triggered' around all you like, but they're wildly out of context. And I'm the one who got 'triggered'? I made a comment in jest, and you flipped the lid with insults and passive aggression. But that is your 'thing', so whatever.

Take a step back from it all and try engage in actual debate. You can keep pretending that everyone is frothing at the mouth because it suits your silly agenda, but it's a fallacy. I've had some very pleasant debate with Ole-in posters since the Villa game, pity you haven't been able to do that. Your posts have been very unhinged lately, so it's honestly best to, either engage in sensible debate, or take a step away from it all. Nothing wrong with my posts btw, so again, this is a fallacy. You see them as 'holier than thou' because you have a personal issue with me.

Onto the game, yeah it'll be tough but very winnable. I suppose the fear is that Leicester - who have been shite - will come out fighting. We need points out of the game given our upcoming fixtures, so here's to hoping for a much improved performance and a good result.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    Usual shite.

Start well, then conceed. Somehow equalise before HT, take the lead 2nd half then sit back and Leicester equalise.

Oh and McFred.

#process

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Have to win this. If anything the team has proven they are at the very peak when it comes to making a solid comeback statement.

Giggsy13

We seem to be the tonic for any team that is struggling. Probably ends up in a draw.

Giggsy13

You’re bang out of order mate, absolutely out of order. Firstly, Ole is a club legend who knows the club and ONLY managers who know the club or associated with the club should be our manager. BEFORE you say Sir Alex, let me explain, he’s Scottish, so they’re different they naturally know our club like Busby, also forget Dalglish because it doesn’t suit my argument. Anyways either you’re Ole in or don’t say anything out of order like a cheeky dig at a manager with real credentials taking over the club. Absolutely out of order.

Castia

Fred only fecked up about 5 times during the Everton game he’s bound to start.

largelyworried

I'm confident for this one. Leicester seem out of sorts and Brent's tactics might well play into our hands. A good old fashioned counter attacking performance is what we need here, usually what we do best. We're spoilt for choice with pacy attackers right now.

2-0 to United.

always_hoping

Regardless of form Leicester will play this match like a cup final, saying that and as a betting man the value bet for this match would be a score draw.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    Scrappy 1-1.

We will score first, do absolutely nothing for the rest of the game then concede late on.

roseguy64

Our Brazil and Uruguay players play on Friday 15th October at 01:30, so you can rule Fred and Cavani out. There’s only two matches for the rest (as the Nations League finals take the focus), and none after Tuesday, so everyone else will be available.

Would love to see Rashford back for this one.
    I don't expect that Rashford will start. On the bench for this one. I expect a Pogba_McTominay midfield.

Statue of Limitations

The break is coming at a good time for us I think.

Expect to see a rejuvenated Utd after the internationals.

No injuries please and any win will do.

1-2 United, Vardy, Bruno & CR7

downunder red

Can not wait for this so called tough lot of fixtures. This is why I go for United. We will thrash Leicester 4 nil, win both Atalanta games and Liverpool will go back home not knowing what hit them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Assuming no injuries...
    De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw
    Van de Beek Matic
    Greenwood Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo​

Hughie77

This is a game we need to win, I just hope that Maguire is back, and the manager gets a system, that this squad of players can play and get some continuity into our play. 1st clean sheet I think

Bestietom

We are still a distance away from the top teams like Liverpool, City, and Chelsea. We will see it at end of this season and will be lucky to get 4th position.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Like the last International break, why are South American games being played 24 hours before the players are meant to be playing for their clubs? Even ignoring Covid how is this being allowed to happen?

Fred v Cavani (Brazil v Uruguay) is on at 1:00am UK time on Friday meaning both probably won't even be back in the country till Saturday when we play against Leicester. Not sure what isolation both will need to go through and if they'll even be available for Atalanta or Liverpool

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    This is a game where, on paper - considering Leicesters form and our away record, we should be winning. I do think we'll just edge it 2-1, with either a late goal or survining a late Leicester onslaught.

However, saying that, we'll probably find a way to draw this game 2-2.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Really ? not saying I don't like your line up but No way Donny Starts in this game or any game as it turns out .
    It's a mix of what I want vs what is real. I think it's painfully obvious we play better in midfield with Matic, but I don't think Fred or McTominay suit him all that well. So Van de Beek it is!

Billy Jim

Both teams look rubbish at the moment so could really go any direction. A lot probably hinges on whether Ndidi and Evans are back fit for Leicester.

FriendlyFox

Supports
    Leicester City
    Both teams look rubbish at the moment so could really go any direction. A lot probably hinges on whether Ndidi and Evans are back fit for Leicester.
    I'm sure the time frame for N'did was given at about 6 weeks, so no chance he's back.

Evans, I'm not sure about. He's as likely to be back as he is to be out for the rest of the season. His condition seems to be a tricky one.

I'm sure the time frame for N'did was given at about 6 weeks, so no chance he's back.

Evans, I'm not sure about. He's as likely to be back as he is to be out for the rest of the season. His condition seems to be a tricky one.
    What’s wrong with Evans?

FriendlyFox

Supports
    Leicester City
    What’s wrong with Evans?
    Plantar fasciitis. Think he's played through it a lot previously, but seems to be chronic/reoccurring. He'll come back for a game only to be out for the next 4 or 5.

Plantar fasciitis. Think he's played through it a lot previously, but seems to be chronic/reoccurring. He'll come back for a game only to be out for the next 4 or 5.
    Had to Google that, I’ve never heard of it before. Doesn’t sound good at all especially as it seems chronic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw