Kick-off
Sat, 16 October 2021 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dazzmondo

2 teams that can't defend and have started the season poorly, has 2-2 written all over it. Would prefer to see Matic start but against a possession-based team we need one of McFred and Fred isn't available so by default has to be Scott I guess. VDB might have an outside shot at playing over Pogba but more likely that it's just a McPog combo.

de Gea

AWB Lindelof Varane Shaw

McTominay Pogba

Greenwood Bruno Sancho

Ronaldo

Subs: Rashford, Lingard, Cavani

Man Utd 2-2 Leicester (Ronaldo, Bruno, Vardy, Iheanacho)

Tony247

Ironically, now for next 6, 7 matches my expectation is so low that I think I will actually enjoy the matches without worrying about my BP or silly superstitions.

James35

Varane and Maguire out? No Fred and Cavani. A bit worried by a Bailly, Lindelof partnership against an in form Vardy. Still go with a draw.

Think we will get 5 points from the next 12. 19 points from 33. However I still think that will be good enough for Ole as long as we do well in the CL games.

yamo123x

Not much optimism from me for this one.... even less now Varane likely to have period on sidelines.
    Time for Bailly to step up and we need big game from Pogba... against Tielemaans, Soumare(think Ndidi may be missing) and Maddison our midfield has to be solid and retain the ball.

de gea

AWB bailly lindesoft shaw

mct matic pogba

bruno

ronaldo greenwood.

bench- sancho, lingard, rashford, VDB, Jones, Dalot, Elanga, Martial, Telles

Jaxa

Happy days this is at 3pm.

At the start of the season, I had albeit slight optimism we could maybe just maybe challenge for the title this season so was getting frustrated with our poor results and overall play,

Now I am back to reality and can see we are so far off City, Liverpool and Chelsea as a team the best we can hope for is 4th and even that at this stage looks like it will be a real scrap so the point is whatever the result against Leicester is it probably won't change much in the grand scheme of things.

MrBest

Assuming Varane and Maguire are out, I think he will go;

De Gea
    AWB Lindeloff Bailey Shaw
    Mctominay Fred
    Bruno
    Greenwood Ronaldo Pogba

I would like to see;

De Gea
    AWB Lindeloff Bailey Shaw
    Matic
    Bruno DVB
    Greenwood Ronaldo Sancho

I don't believe having Pogba, Bruno, Ronaldo in the same team is helping us, it puts the focus of one of the three, producing a moment of brilliance to win a game. Sancho on the right is a victim of the form Greenwood has been showing but regular game time for Sancho will be important for him being in tune by the second half of the season. Ronaldo, well you always start your best player. Matic probably wont be able to do the 90 so I would drop DVB to that role and bring on either Pogba or Mctominay. I chose bruno over Pogba because i really dont know how to fit him in the team we already have.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    Hard to see a win because we will almost certainly concede. Hard to feel arsed right now to be honest.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    Concede or not (we will), the most difficult part will for sure be that Leicester will overplay us, prove their qualities, show strenght, pace when we will just rely on Fernandes and Ronaldo...

Already depressed about this game.

But we also have to think about the Atalanta game the following Wednesday, so I would use the squad a bit for Leicester (playing Sancho, Matic and Lingard)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
    Leicester likes to play proper football on the ground. Hope Ole has balls to start both Matic and Donny . We would be so much better.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
    We will win since we are not expected to win. The games where we are expected to win are the ones I’m very worried about.

Marcus

Lindelof and Bailly pairing then. Time to raise your game and show the manager what he's missing.

Chicharo

Matic must play this one. He had enough time to rest during international break

DDG
    AWB, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw
    McT, Matic
    Jadon/Greenwood, Bruno, Pogba
    Ronnie

Any win will do even if we have one shot on target in 95. minute, and DDG saves our ass 6 times in normal time

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
    Any Leicester player who is in awful form and hasn‘t scored for a couple of years?

He is bound to score a wonder or deflected goal against us.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
    We will play Vestergaard, so concede at least 2.
    He’s a good player no? If we just keep trying to feed Ronaldo with the same slow predictable buildup without physically then your lads will soak it up and look to sucker us on the counter. It’s a tactic that works very well against us.

I think Utd will just about win this with a kitchen sink approach and the pressure on Ole will die back a bit but then a loss at home to Liverpool. Can’t see us winning that one. Reckon we can stay in the hunt this season without ever really asserting or looking dangerous. Just doing enough to stay on the coattails till feb/March and then dropping away.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    feckin 3pm man :mad:
    Just saw this - swear we've been playing that time slot loads lately/hardly on TV this season.

Maybe just feels that way post-Covid TV scheduling, but this seems like a really strange game for the broadcasters to pass over.

RUCK4444

Just saw this - swear we've been playing that time slot loads lately/hardly on TV this season.

Maybe just feels that way post-Covid TV scheduling, but this seems like a really strange game for the broadcasters to pass over.
    Feels like we've been stung with a few 3pm saturday kickoffs already.

I cannot stand the backward blackout law.

TheRedHearted

Feels like we've been stung with a few 3pm saturday kickoffs already.

I cannot stand the backward blackout law.
    I’m an American so I don’t get it - what is that rule exactly? It’s to support in game attendance correct? Do they not get the stadium can only hold so many people

soapythecat

We will scrape a fortunate win. LCFC play nice football on the ground with pace out wide - this may suit our back line but we will be susceptible to set prices.
    Both teams have started poorly but I don’t see a good performance for United at the moment. Standard overrun in midfield talk come 5pm

RUCK4444

I’m an American so I don’t get it - what is that rule exactly? It’s to support in game attendance correct? Do they not get the stadium can only hold so many people
    Hah yeah. Basically they reckon if the fair weather fans that like to watch the big clubs can’t watch them they are more likely to go and support their local team.

Absolute nonsense, I live in Cardiff, less than 2 miles from their stadium, not being able to see United at 3pm on a Saturday in no way whatsoever encourages me to go and watch a Cardiff game live. Not in the slightest.

MUFC OK

Any Leicester player who is in awful form and hasn‘t scored for a couple of years?

He is bound to score a wonder or deflected goal against us.
    Harvey Barnes MOTM.

So are we without Varane and Maguire for Liverpool? Remember Bailly and Lindelof against them last season?:nervous: :lol:

Red00012

Mental that me in Ireland has too pay 40€ for all sports channels and I get every 3pm game yet UK doesn’t. The football is English Premier League yet it’s so much easier to watch outside England
    I don’t think this is been shown

James35

Hah yeah. Basically they reckon if the fair weather fans that like to watch the big clubs can’t watch them they are more likely to go and support their local team.

Absolute nonsense, I live in Cardiff, less than 2 miles from their stadium, not being able to see United at 3pm on a Saturday in no way whatsoever encourages me to go and watch a Cardiff game live. Not in the slightest.
    I'm with you on this one.

cyberman

Mental that me in Ireland has too pay 40€ for all sports channels and I get every 3pm game yet UK doesn’t. The football is English Premier League yet it’s so much easier to watch outside England
    I don’t think we do? Isn’t it just 1 on premier sports?

Smores

Nearly every game is a must win for a supposed title contender but this really is. If we can't win this and start back with some positivity we really could end up spiralling given our run.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    So both 1st choice defenders are out for this.

Midfield of McFred again, you can bet your house on it.

Yup, more dropped points folks! Can they extend the international break please?

Offsideagain

The Foxes will be well up for this. Varys opener as he beats Blunderlof for pace followed by a lot of tippy tappy sideways passing from us hoping Bruno will play a killer ball into Ronaldo. Evans will have a stormer as will Schmeichel with a couple of worldies. Little Brendan will be prowling the touch line punching the air whilst Ole is sat slumped in his chair. Of course, I could be wrong and we may win 5-0.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw