Kick-off
Sat, 16 October 2021 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

peridigm

So both 1st choice defenders are out for this.

Midfield of McFred again, you can bet your house on it.

Yup, more dropped points folks! Can they extend the international break please?
    Pretty sure Fred won't play. He's off with Brazil and not due back until Friday.

suheilsworld

All the games now will be about “let’s score more than the opposition”.

we have to go gung-ho with our attack and throw everything at this with our defense being so weak.
    We need our luck in front of goal to be back.
    1. We need OG to start showing some form
    2. De gea to get into god-mode

Joseunited

Even though Leicester are in just as poor form as us, I can't see past them winning by at least 2 goals.
    Not looking forward to the next 6 weeks:( of football.

GregM40

Gonna be tricky with the injuries this one.

Got a sneaky feeling Maguire might be fit for it though. Possibly have Rashford back in the starting XI too?

abailey123

Massively need Maguire back for this one now Varanes out.
    If Maguires not fit play a back 3 with McTominay in the defence

always_hoping

People panicking about this now but I thought Leicester are missing their defence and Ndidi too?

Mind you they took us to school last season with an injury hit team when we played them in the FA Cup.
    The goals conceded to Iheanacho that day was poor under 12 stuff. Will be harder to do with no Varane, Maguire but it is too much to ask to force Leicester to at least work hard for any goal they may score this Saturday?

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    Lindelof has been pretty solid this season. I hope Bailly is up for this. With Sancho on and MCT providing additional cover, we could nick this

roseguy64

I would bet everything I own that you're wrong about the midfield.

Sleigh

Supports
    Leicester City
    We’ve got mounting injury issues and bizarre tactical selections by Rodgers. No N’didi for a few months. Evans is practically finished, Fofana out for most of the season.

We can’t defend set pieces, or really defend at all currently.

We’ve signed Vestergaard and Bertrand, who were part of the terrible Southampton defence. One of the worst in the league last season and expect us to be solid. They’re currently 50% of our defence. Soyuncu is missing Evans massively.

We didn’t register Mendy, as he was meant to join a Turkish club after our window shut, so we’re stuck with Choudhury in midfield at the N’didi stand in. Opinions on him massively.

Rodgers doesn’t want to play Nacho. Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison are out of form. Daka and Soumare haven’t been bedded in yet.

On the plus side, Vardy has been better in front of goal this season but we just don’t create enough chances for him.

I’d expect us to go with something like:

Kasper
    Castagne
    Vestergaard
    Soyunco
    Bertrand
    Choudhury
    Tielemans
    Soumare
    Barnes
    Lookman / Perez
    Vardy

Dante

Average bang
    Ronaldo

Rashford---Bruno---Greenwood

Matic--McTominay

Shaw--Lindelof--Bailly--AWB

DDG​

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rashford again. Though I suspect Pogba will start.

AndySmith1990

When the majority are expecting a loss is normally when we pull out a win. I predict another match like the Wolves one, where we get outplayed for large parts but secure a narrow win.

lenny_1248

De Gea, AWB, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, McTominay, Pogba, Greenwood, Bruno, Martial, Ronaldo.
    Subs: Henderson, sir Phil Jones, Dalot, Telles/Elanga, Matic, Donny, Lingard, Sancho, Rashford

4-0 win. Greenwood, Martial, Ronaldo, Sancho.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
    Time Travel
    Ronaldo
    Sancho Pogba McTominay Greenwood
    Matic
    Shaw Lindelöf Bailly AWB
    deGea
    I'd be tempted to give Van de Beek a start at the #10 and rest McTominay as well after heavy involvement in international games but knowing Ole, that is unlikely to happen.

MichaelRed

Ronaldo

Rashford---Bruno---Greenwood

Matic--McTominay

Shaw--Lindelof--Bailly--AWB

DDG​

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rashford again. Though I suspect Pogba will start.
    Surely McTominay can't start after his last 3 performances? What kind of message does that send?

Deery

Dreary
    DeGea
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Bailly Shaw

McTominay Matic

Fernandes

Greenwood Ronaldo Pogba​

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Plantar fasciitis. Think he's played through it a lot previously, but seems to be chronic/reoccurring. He'll come back for a game only to be out for the next 4 or 5.
    That's a really unusual injury for a footballer!
    Usually seen in footballers, and can be a real nightmare, where touching your feet on the floor is pain.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Had to Google that, I’ve never heard of it before. Doesn’t sound good at all especially as it seems chronic.
    I'm a keen runner, and it's one of the most feared ones, along with runner's knee.

I had it once for 2 days and it's a nightmare, as you put your feet on the floor and it hurts! Just for walking, let alone sports that need constant force on feet.

Siorac

Just like Everton, they have so many injuries/issues that we can't have any excuses: we should be winning this.

Of course, that went well against Everton...

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    We’ve got mounting injury issues and bizarre tactical selections by Rodgers. No N’didi for a few months. Evans is practically finished, Fofana out for most of the season.

We’ve signed Vestergaard and Bertrand, who were part of the terrible Southampton defence. One of the worst in the league last season and expect us to be solid. They’re currently 50% of our defence. Soyuncu is missing Evans massively.

We didn’t register Mendy, as he was meant to join a Turkish club after our window shut, so we’re stuck with Choudhury in midfield at the N’didi stand in. Opinions on him massively.

Rodgers doesn’t want to play Nacho. Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison are out of form. Daka and Soumare haven’t been bedded in yet.

On the plus side, Vardy has been better in front of goal this season but we just don’t create enough chances for him.

Kasper
    Castagne
    Vestergaard
    Soyunco
    Bertrand
    Choudhury
    Tielemans
    Soumare
    Barnes
    Lookman / Perez
    Vardy
    What's the script with Evans? Is he still first choice for you or do you think he's just finished at this level? I did read that he could potentially return for this game.

I don't rate Vestergaard and thought he was really poor when we played Southampton last season. I do rate Bertrand though, particularly in terms of what he contributes on the ball. He might not have started well but I think he'll be a solid signing for you.

Choudhury looked good in the past but I don't think he really featured against us much last season, if I remember right. There was a time where I thought he could go on to become a good player. What happened last season? It seemed like he didn't get much of a chance.

What has Soumare been like so far? He looked an interesting prospect at Lille and was a player that many on here wanted us to sign at one stage.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Kasper
    Castagne
    Vestergaard
    Soyunco
    Bertrand
    Choudhury
    Tielemans
    Soumare
    Barnes
    Lookman / Perez
    Vardy
    Why isn't Pereira starting ?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
    How so? Can't think of anyone that has been abysmal to the levels of McTominay over the last 3 games.
    Every single player has been bad. You can't say our team have been good when you dropped points in the last 2 matches.

MichaelRed

Every single player has been bad. You can't say our team have been good when you dropped points in the last 2 matches.
    Who's saying they've been good? There's a chasm between being bad and being what McTominay has been for 3 games.

Chief123

we have to go gung-ho with our attack and throw everything at this with our defense being so weak.
    We need our luck in front of goal to be back.
    1. We need OG to start showing some form
    2. De gea to get into god-mode
    It will be the complete opposite. Most likely park the bus and hope for counter attacks. We don't go gung ho with our strongest team, let alone a weakened one.

Chief123

Thanks for that. I am now homeless.

OmarUnited4ever

we are winning this. I'm not worried at all.

4-1, Greenwood will score too.

I'm more worried about Atlanta at OT.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    This would make an exciting watch, but I don't see this happening.
    I think that playing ultra-defensive is how Ole will continue.
    As before, he will rely on moments of brilliance from players like Ronaldo, DDG and Bruno to win the game.

SAFMUTD

Yeah not feeling optimistic about this one, has draw written all over it. Al ready feels like a wasted season and its just mid october

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw