Kick-off
Sat, 16 October 2021 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

3pm Saturday kickoff again, seems legit. Swear we've played all but 2/3 of our games untelevised already this season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Bailly Shaw
    Van de Beek Matic
    Greenwood Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo
    Fred, Cavani, Maguire, Varane and Rashford probably the guys out for this. Rashford at least on the bench though which is nice. Generally would avoid starting Pogba and Bruno together in just about any game with the current coaching staff since they don't know how to make it work (if possible at all). Van de Beek probably won't start but he's been alright next to Matic most of the time IMO. Big game though!

Chairman Steve

I’m getting Everton away vibes from last season. Not winning this game would look bad for Solskjaer and his future, but he has previous for doing well when we’re not expected against good opposition away from home.

TheRedHearted

We’ve got mounting injury issues and bizarre tactical selections by Rodgers. No N’didi for a few months. Evans is practically finished, Fofana out for most of the season.

We can’t defend set pieces, or really defend at all currently.

We’ve signed Vestergaard and Bertrand, who were part of the terrible Southampton defence. One of the worst in the league last season and expect us to be solid. They’re currently 50% of our defence. Soyuncu is missing Evans massively.

We didn’t register Mendy, as he was meant to join a Turkish club after our window shut, so we’re stuck with Choudhury in midfield at the N’didi stand in. Opinions on him massively.

Rodgers doesn’t want to play Nacho. Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison are out of form. Daka and Soumare haven’t been bedded in yet.

On the plus side, Vardy has been better in front of goal this season but we just don’t create enough chances for him.

I’d expect us to go with something like:

Kasper
    Castagne
    Vestergaard
    Soyunco
    Bertrand
    Choudhury
    Tielemans
    Soumare
    Barnes
    Lookman / Perez
    Vardy
    Ive never seen a
    1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation but I would love to :)

(Sorry had to give it a go)

VivaRonaldo85

An ideal fixture given the circumstances pre International Break. We’re a much better side away from home under Ole and Leicester have been average this season. 1-0 defeat then…..

EtH

—————Ronaldo
    Pogba——Bruno——Mason
    ————Matic—DvB
    Shaw-Bailly-Lindelof-AWB
    ——————DDG

Sleigh

Supports
    Leicester City
    Why isn't Pereira starting ?
    He picked up a bad knee injury against Villa, the day before the 1st lockdown. He’s actually looked okay going forwards but has struggled defensively. With our defensive woes,Rodgers has gone for more defensive line ups, which keeps him out of the team.

He hasn’t hit the heights he was but the sings are their that he’s improving. Brilliant player when fully fit, if not our best player:

Sleigh

Supports
    Leicester City
    What's the script with Evans? Is he still first choice for you or do you think he's just finished at this level? I did read that he could potentially return for this game.

I don't rate Vestergaard and thought he was really poor when we played Southampton last season. I do rate Bertrand though, particularly in terms of what he contributes on the ball. He might not have started well but I think he'll be a solid signing for you.

Choudhury looked good in the past but I don't think he really featured against us much last season, if I remember right. There was a time where I thought he could go on to become a good player. What happened last season? It seemed like he didn't get much of a chance.

What has Soumare been like so far? He looked an interesting prospect at Lille and was a player that many on here wanted us to sign at one stage.
    Evans has a bad foot injury, some have stated it’s plantar fasciitis but I’m not entirely sure. He’s our best central defender from an experience point of view, which I know you guys have a joke about, as he was a bit of a bomb scare for you. We’ve missed him badly though.

Choudhury is all aggression, pace, power and has lived in N’Didis shadow really. His issue is, he can’t really pass and Brendan doesn’t trust him. Not that N’didi is Beckham-esq on the ball, far from it.

Soumare looks okay, he’ll need time to adjust, it’s clear he’s not adjusted to the pace of the league yet.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    If they were on a roll like they have been at the start of the last 2 seasons, I’d fancy us to turn up get battered for 20 mins and go 1-0 down then turn it around and win 3-1. Given they’re in such shite form they will probably sit back more and I can see another draw or narrow defeat. Hopefully we just turn up for once.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
    Ole needs a win and a convincing performance that reflects the ability of the squad, anything less and he may find himself in trouble.

Hopefully the international break has done the players some good and they put on a show, but, yeah, don't hold your breath.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    Two teams unsure of themselves.

Looks like a nailed on 1-1 but we need to scab a win from somewhere to get a bit of momentum going.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Team should be...

---------------------De Gea---------------------
    AWB-----Bailly-----Lindelof-----Shaw
    ------McTominay------Pogba------
    Greenwood---Bruno---Sancho
    --------------------Ronaldo--------------------

Subs: Henderson, Dalot, Telles, Matic, VDB, Mata, Lingard, Rashford, Amad

Hope Vardy has mercy on our CB's, the way teams have been countering on us this season this could easily be a repeat of that 5-3 under LVG :nervous:

RonaldoVII

Team should be...

---------------------De Gea---------------------
    AWB-----Bailly-----Lindelof-----Shaw
    ------McTominay------Pogba------
    Greenwood---Bruno---Sancho
    --------------------Ronaldo--------------------

Subs: Henderson, Dalot, Telles, Matic, VDB, Mata, Lingard, Rashford, Amad

Hope Vardy has mercy on our CB's, the way teams have been countering on us this season this could easily be a repeat of that 5-3 under LVG :nervous:
    McTominay and Pogba CM?! That definitely is not a pair that should ever feature together again.

McTominay can't hold. Pogba can only be in a 2 with Matic or Fred (at a push).

Teja

I'm guessing the back 4 and front 4 practically picks itself and with Fred not available Ole surely has to try something different in midfield.
    Matic + McTominay / VdB I think.

Pogba LW instead of Sancho or maybe he gets dropped because of his Juve comments.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    McTominay and Pogba CM?! That definitely is not a pair that should ever feature together again.

McTominay can't hold. Pogba can only be in a 2 with Matic or Fred (at a push).
    What's the alternative? Last two times Matic played against Leicester Ndidi and Tielemans rang rings around him

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    Haven't they got a few injuries? Or have they come back. I haven't really taken much notice of Leicester.

Anyway, I'm going for a win as we're obviously good away. 2-0 to us.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
    2 first choice centre backs out. I'm not feeling positive over this game.

Joseunited

We’ve got mounting injury issues and bizarre tactical selections by Rodgers. No N’didi for a few months. Evans is practically finished, Fofana out for most of the season.

We can’t defend set pieces, or really defend at all currently.

We’ve signed Vestergaard and Bertrand, who were part of the terrible Southampton defence. One of the worst in the league last season and expect us to be solid. They’re currently 50% of our defence. Soyuncu is missing Evans massively.

We didn’t register Mendy, as he was meant to join a Turkish club after our window shut, so we’re stuck with Choudhury in midfield at the N’didi stand in. Opinions on him massively.

Rodgers doesn’t want to play Nacho. Tielemans, Barnes and Maddison are out of form. Daka and Soumare haven’t been bedded in yet.

On the plus side, Vardy has been better in front of goal this season but we just don’t create enough chances for him.

I’d expect us to go with something like:

Kasper
    Castagne
    Vestergaard
    Soyunco
    Bertrand
    Choudhury
    Tielemans
    Soumare
    Barnes
    Lookman / Perez
    Vardy
    You lot will play like vintage Barcelona on Saturday and take us to the cleaners. Even though it sounds like Leicester are in a bit of a sh*t storm at the minute, it'll still be to much fir United, we(Ole) literally haven't got a clue (a) how to keep a clean sheet and(b) win a game of football. All that and we have the scariest run of fixtures to look forward to :confused: .

Threesus

What's the alternative? Last two times Matic played against Leicester Ndidi and Tielemans rang rings around him
    I seem to remember matic playing very well for 60 minutes and then started getting tired. He would be a good option to start and then sub him around 60 minute mark for one of McFred.

vanrooney

when you think about what happened to liverpool last year after missing van dijk it is a bit scary that we now lost our two best defenders. really hope we win and harry is back soon

Hughie77

Can't understand why some are putting DVB in the 11. He's got no chance of starting or even coming off the bench. It's same old set up with 2 CB changed and Matic or Mctom in CM or both?

I'd go with Sancho and Greenwood with Ronny up top , Bruno as normal. It's either pogba with Matic or Matic and Mctom.

Giggsy13

I had initially thought 2-2 draw but with Varane out, I can see a win for Leicester.

largelyworried

Despite the injuries I still feel pretty confident about this one. I can totally see another come from behind game after being outplayed for half an hour, only to turn on the style in the latter part of the match. Don’t feel confident about the clean sheet, but Ronaldo is worth a goal a game and Leicester are shipping goals for fun.

FatTails

when you think about what happened to liverpool last year after missing van dijk it is a bit scary that we now lost our two best defenders. really hope we win and harry is back soon
    Unlike Liverpool who lost all their defenders and had to play midfielders at CB, we actually have two CBs who cost £65m+ and are on substantial wages. If they can’t fill in when needed, in the position they were bought to play in, then I’m not sure what they’re doing at the club.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
    Hah yeah. Basically they reckon if the fair weather fans that like to watch the big clubs can’t watch them they are more likely to go and support their local team.

Absolute nonsense, I live in Cardiff, less than 2 miles from their stadium, not being able to see United at 3pm on a Saturday in no way whatsoever encourages me to go and watch a Cardiff game live. Not in the slightest.
    My favourite city in Britain.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
    Can any Leicester fans explain why Under wasn't given a chance? Work ethic? Physicality?

Looked the only decent Turkish player at the euros and off to a good start in France.

FriendlyFox

Supports
    Leicester City
    Can any Leicester fans explain why Under wasn't given a chance? Work ethic? Physicality?

Looked the only decent Turkish player at the euros and off to a good start in France.
    I can only guess that it's down to work ethic.

Did more offensively in a few games than Perez did all season, but Perez always got the nod, and I presume it's because he's a had worker (even though he gets knocked down by a mild breeze).

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
    I can only guess that it's down to work ethic.

Did more offensively in a few games than Perez did all season, but Perez always got the nod, and I presume it's because he's a had worker (even though he gets knocked down by a mild breeze).
    So are Leicester fans pissed off with Rodgers barely giving him a chance or do they understand letting him go?

Just seeing if there is a DVB type situation there.

RonaldoVII

Matic is the only option unless Fred somehow gets back in time. I feel McTominay can only play the box-to-box role and that's only in certain games. Scott and Pogba just left a huge hole against Villarreal and I don't recall Scott ever sitting well.

Red00012

So looking at the line ups on here since the international break it looks like Ole has changed his opinion on VDB and doesn’t rate McTominay anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw