• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheGame

De Gea
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Bailly Shaw
    Van de Beek Matic
    Greenwood Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo
    Fred, Cavani, Maguire, Varane and Rashford probably the guys out for this. Rashford at least on the bench though which is nice. Generally would avoid starting Pogba and Bruno together in just about any game with the current coaching staff since they don't know how to make it work (if possible at all). Van de Beek probably won't start but he's been alright next to Matic most of the time IMO. Big game though!
    Would go with this lineup. Better balance to the team.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
    I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
    when you think about what happened to liverpool last year after missing van dijk it is a bit scary that we now lost our two best defenders. really hope we win and harry is back soon
    Liverpool weren't missing only VD, they were missing all their defenders unlike us, we still have two good defenders fit and ready to play.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    Looking at some of these lineups reminds me of the wealth of world-class talent we have. Competing for the title should be a given.

DRJosh

Supports
    United minus the Glazers
    Liverpool weren't missing only VD, they were missing all their defenders unlike us, we still have two good defenders fit and ready to play.
    And I'd say loosing VD was a bigger deal than us loosing Maguire. On the basis of pure playing ability and on-field presence alone.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
    DDG
    AWB Lindelof Bailly Shaw
    VdB Matic
    Greenwood Bruno Pogba
    Ronaldo

Though i'd like to see Sancho start as well. Maybe Ole will play him on the left, with Pogba instead of VdB.

Not optimistic about this one at all.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Matic is the only option unless Fred somehow gets back in time. I feel McTominay can only play the box-to-box role and that's only in certain games. Scott and Pogba just left a huge hole against Villarreal and I don't recall Scott ever sitting well.
    Bruno was a part of that as well

When McTominay and Pogba played against the same opponent in a double pivot in the final they dominated the game (although granted Villarreal also parked the bus)

GregM40

Was really hoping Maguire would be back for this, apparently he hasn't even trained yet, so looks like he's out for Atalanta too. I think this is what we could see, unless he puts Pogba in MF with Matic and plays Greenwood up top.

DDG
    Wan Bissaka Bailly Lindelof Shaw
    Matic VDB
    Bruno
    Sancho Ronaldo Pogba

youmeletsfly

Was really hoping Maguire would be back for this, apparently he hasn't even trained yet, so looks like he's out for Atalanta too. I think this is what we could see, unless he puts Pogba in MF with Matic and plays Greenwood up top.

DDG
    Wan Bissaka Bailly Lindelof Shaw
    Matic VDB
    Bruno
    Sancho Ronaldo Pogba
    Replace VDB with MCT and that's your team.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
    Are people who have VDB in thier side wishing this or really believe he will start?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    DDG

AWB
    Lindelof
    Bailly
    Shaw

McTominay
    Matic
    Fernandes

Greenwood
    Ronaldo
    Pogba

Sancho>Pogba, Rashford>Greenwood, Lingard>McTominay from the bench if needed (I have a horrible feeling they will be).

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    D De Gea
    A Wan-Bissaka
    E Bailly
    V Lindelof
    L Shaw
    N Matic
    P Pogba
    B Fernandes
    J Sancho
    M Greenwood
    C Ronaldo

Leicester 1 United 3

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    Here's to hoping for a drastically improved performance and a win.
    Here’s hoping. I’m not holding my breath though.

Only thing that’s making me cautiously optimistic is the fact that we tend to play better against better teams.

Although, I’m sure that was also pretty much debunked by couple of posters. We’re very meh against pretty much everyone but we’ll not let that get in the way of a bit of blind optimism.

Robbie Boy

Here’s hoping. I’m not holding my breath though.

Only thing that’s making me cautiously optimistic is the fact that we tend to play better against better teams.

Although, I’m sure that was also pretty much debunked by couple of posters. We’re very meh against pretty much everyone but we’ll not let that get in the way of a bit of blind optimism.
    Leicester have been fairly poor this season and are also missing quite a few. I don't fancy us to look overly exhilarating, but I think we'll scrape a win. We've only won once in the last 3 league games, so really, a win is needed.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
    Leicester have been fairly poor this season and are also missing quite a few. I don't fancy us to look overly exhilarating, but I think we'll scrape a win. We've only won once in the last 3 league games, so really, a win is needed.
    Oh, aye forgotten that Leicester have been poor this season. Cheers for that. My confidence level have just went up a bit. We do need a win badly. I can’t stomach the weekend otherwise.

Robbie Boy

Oh, aye forgotten that Leicester have been poor this season. Cheers for that. My confidence level have just went up a bit. We do need a win badly. I can’t stomach the weekend otherwise.
    I suppose, my big concern is that Vardy has looked sharp this season, and he'll be up against Bailly and Lindelof presumably! Given our run over the next 2 months, a win is kind of needed!

RUCK4444

Yeah I love the place. But then I live in hereford, so anywhere that isnt a hellish cross between the 1970s, deliverance, and the village of the damned is appealing.
    :lol: Never been Hereford, you sell it well.

Cardiff is pretty good in fairness, when you live somewhere you only see the negatives I suppose. Was brill when the Millennium stadium (now the principality) had the Cup finals when the new Wembley was being built because it’s bang in the middle of town. Wish it was used for more footie tbh.

Hughie77

D De Gea
    A Wan-Bissaka
    E Bailly
    V Lindelof
    L Shaw
    N Matic
    P Pogba
    B Fernandes
    J Sancho
    M Greenwood
    C Ronaldo

Leicester 1 United 3
    Agree that's the starting 11 baring any issues with them. No DVB hes on the bench again. Hope to see Rashford back maybe on bench

RonaldoVII

Bruno was a part of that as well

When McTominay and Pogba played against the same opponent in a double pivot in the final they dominated the game (although granted Villarreal also parked the bus)
    Hardly a ringing endorsement for them two given we ultimately lost the tie though. I just can't see McTominay ever being our deepest CM as he doesn't show for the ball. It's a shame we seem to be set with our current formation too given there's clear issues.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
    :lol: Never been Hereford, you sell it well.

Cardiff is pretty good in fairness, when you live somewhere you only see the negatives I suppose. Was brill when the Millennium stadium (now the principality) had the Cup finals when the new Wembley was being built because it’s bang in the middle of town. Wish it was used for more footie tbh.
    Im a newport boy originally, moved to Hereford in 90, I cant recommend a single thing about it. I keep trying to persuade the Mrs to move back to gods own country, its a work in progress :lol:

Chief123

Apparently Rashford is back for this one? Would start on the bench I'd imagine.

Judas

Open to offers
    Given the games coming up we just have to win. I can't say I'm brimming with confidence just due to how ordinary we've looked so often this season so far.

OleTheGreat

I think this will be a tough game after the international break. We have lost our 2 best CBs in that time and have to use Lindelof and Bailly. They're both great defenders but I doubt they can work together and can cover each other well. Anyway, they're pretty decent and must do a good job. I doubt Ole will start Rashford because he has just recovered. Maybe a cameo in the second half for him.

De Gea
    AWB Bailly Lindelof Shaw
    Mctominay Pogba
    Greenwood Bruno Sancho
    Ronaldo

Please don't start Fred.

Santos J

I suppose, my big concern is that Vardy has looked sharp this season, and he'll be up against Bailly and Lindelof presumably! Given our run over the next 2 months, a win is kind of needed!
    Bailly's always played quite well vs Vardy tbf

yamo123x

knowing OLE as i do, he will not wanna lose this game and he will wanna cover his centre backs so im expecting a negative line up...

de gea

AWB lindesoft bailly shaw

mctom matic pogba

Bruno ronaldo Lingard

RES- Henderson, Jones, telles, Sancho, rashford,martial, fred, elanga,mata

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player