Kick-off
Sat, 16 October 2021 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tjb

In possession, we arent moving the ball. I don't think as a team we should be playing out of the back he way we do. We are too slow at it and don't have the movement in that area to consistently beat the press like most of our rivals using that. The aim should be to get the ball to our attackers, they don't see enough of the ball imo

JG3001

Or get a new manager in who plays to the strength of the players he has?
    Oh I think that would help too - Ive made many a post on the managerial situation. However, I’m resigned to the fact that Ole probably stays until the end of the season.

spiriticon

I'm reaching my tether with the actual football on show. Game after game of shite on a stick. Despite having all these attacking players, we are still a defensive team who can't actually defend very well. It's awful.

FriendlyFox

Supports
    Leicester City
    It's worth noting that Leicester have been absolutely rubbish this season and yet have been by far the better team here.
    We have been awful this season. But this game we have Evans back instead of Vestergaard, we're playing Iheanacho, and we're actually playing Castagne and Ricardo at the same time for the first time this season (our two best full backs) instead of just one of the pair and sticking Betrand on the left. So a big shift from the team we've been putting out most of the season.

Enjoyed the game so far. Cracking goals from Greenwood and Tielemans.

I still think you'll win this - you have too much quality up front, and I'm not sure we can put in a performance again like that second half - but it's telling that this is one of the few games where we've not been absolutely destroyed in midfield this season. You're a bit lightweight with just matic/pogba.

RedDevilQuebecois

He's been living off a special moment for the past 22 years? What does that even mean? He has done nothing since?
    Still not enough to warrant him this current positiion. When a team looks this disjointed, it's not difficult to look at the manager and at the coaching staff.

lex talionis

We’ll dig out the win, but the football gods are mind-boggled out how such an outstanding roster of names on paper can look so poor on the pitch.

Stadjer

Maguire isn't having a good season. He has been bailed out by Varane, Shaw and De Gea many times this season.
    Or just opponents missing the chances Maguire gifted them. This is the first time his mistake is actually punished by a goal but he has made so many mistakes that could have been punished with a goal. Varane and Lindelof should be the defensive couple and Ronaldo/Bruno should be made captain.

Rustyspider13

Bad display. Another goal conceded to some braindead decisions being made at the back by DDG and Maguire. The regularity of these isn't surprising, just frustrating. Overall, it's a game between a team that presses vs a team that can't. Putting Pogba, Matic and Ronaldo in the same team was always asking for it.

We need legs in the team as we can't get near the Leicester midfield and keep losing the second balls too. Also, a lot of our play is slow and sloppy. I wish Ole would change things at half time but we probably will have to wait till for it. Hope we pull this off, somehow, someway.

steffyr2

CFs can contribute to the buildup too. Ronaldo has been a wooden plank today. But hopefully he'll score.

That pass by Maguire :lol:
    He really hasn't. But he is one of the few players who passes to teammates, it must be a reflex from playing on previous teams, because no one else on this team does it.

{I assume the lack of passing is due to coaching, not that they're all uniformly terrible at passing.}

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
    Ole should be sporting director, he is just not good at coaching. He is good at building long-term spirit bla bla bla but tactically and coaching wise he is inept.

This is painful to watch and not enjoyable. I hate this, and will now be turning off the tele.
    He would be a terrible sporting director.

Only Bruno is a great signing and Varane looks set to join him on there. Everyone else apart from Ronaldo has been underwhelming for their fee or basically not given any chance to play.

SAFMUTD

Maybe it's better if we lose this one, no point in keeping scraping draws with shit performances challenging for top 4 in an endless cycle where we are nowhere near to win anything major but not so shit that the board can finally pull the trigger on Ole.

Being stuck in this mediocrity is frustrating as hell.

MUFC OK

If we had any sense we get a new manager while the season isn't a complete shit show.

Look at Chelsea last year.

What's the point of wasting time on a failed experiment??

We are crap every game. It's not just bad results. We don't play well. We don't deserve to win most games we play.
    We will be out of at least ne of CL/title race before a change is even considered. I think Ole can get 4th and probs keep his job.

stu_1992

Didn't think we were too bad until we conceded and lost a little confidence it seemed. Horrific mistake by Maguire, and he looks like he has an error in him every time he gets near the ball out there. He can't be fit surely? I know he hasn't been great this season generally but this is particularly bad. I'd take my chances hooking him at half time.

Fantastic goal by Greenwood though tbf. Still think the game is there for the taking.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Wouldn’t surprise me if we go to a back five at some point today and lose.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
    I can never figure out how our defence looks sparse when the opposition have the ball, midfield looks outnumbered yet forwards always seem to have loads of defenders to get through.

I'd swear we have less players but I think it's just poor positioning and not sprinting with and without the ball. That's just down to effort... no excuse.

the_cliff

Sub Bruno for Mctominay go to a midfield 3 With Pogba slightly more attacking and we control this game so easily. Enough of Brunos stupid number 10 second striker experiment.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    It's simply not covering the ground. If so we can get a marathon runner. When you have Pogba doing feck all McTominay is not going to be any better. It's going to be worse. Matic reads the game much better. He is really a one man midfield together. Take Pogba off and put even McTominay or DVB and it will get better.
    No, it's not simply covering ground, but it's an essential PART of a functioning midfield. Otherwise, teams play through us, it means we can't press, and it means we can't compact the pitch. He can't defend against simple football. They have, on more than one occasion, gotten in behind him by making the most basic of runs. He leaves his partner out to dry every time. But hey, he makes a decent pass on occasion so that's all forgotten! Whoever ends up in there has to do all the running, they have to press, they have to create, and they have to attack. Wouldn't it be nice if they had a midfielder in there who could chip in occasionally with 80% of the game?

laughtersassassin

We will be out of at least ne of CL/title race before a change is even considered. I think Ole can get 4th and probs keep his job.
    Probably. But that in itself shows the problem with this club.

We have a super team and get outplayed every week

BorisManUtd

Same old problems in terms of not being able to control the games and being too vulnerable in midfield, losing the ball many times and not coping well under pressure.

Maguire has been rushed back into side it seems. It was sloppy pass from De Gea but he was never going towards the ball, was just waiting it where, inviting pressure.

Someone

Something
    You get the feeling that greenwood is the only player who plays every game with the same attitude and energy. The rest, not so much. I'm starting to think that the players have started to smell blood with ole and are no longer bothered.

Red_toad

Completely disjointed performance. Midfield isn’t tracking runners, nor supporting Ronaldo. Harry looking rusty as feck, and Greenwood the only genuine spark or threat. Ole needs to work out a system and let the players into whatever we’re supposed to be doing.

Red00012

Great from Lindelof. He's looked solid.
    Pogba takes a quick free kick for Lindelof to pass it back to DDG which leads to the goal . He doesn’t even look forward to see options or to his right back who is available.

RonaldoVII

Maybe it's better if we lose this one, no point in keeping scraping draws with shit performances challenging for top 4 in an endless cycle where we are nowhere near to win anything major but not so shit that the board can finally pull the trigger on Ole.

Being stuck in this mediocrity is frustrating as hell.
    Have a word with yourself. Nothing will change till the summer either way.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    The idea this team can never play as a unit is prepostrous. Chelsea looked more open and fragile than this under Lampard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 269 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Leicester win
  • Draw