Leicester coming apart at the seams...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Great cup victory but this is becoming a familiar tale in their end of season finishes.

Still, they're punching above their weight to a certain degree.

el3mel

Rodgers is a good manager but the guy is a bottler. It runs in his DNA. It really can't be helped.

He's absolutely terrible in managing the last few weeks of the seasons. His teams lose concentration and crumble under pressure. It's really his problem since it also happened with Liverpool.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Thank you Brentan - you are the best :-)
We bottled it today, but thankfully we could rely on you.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Eurgh.

Combination of injuries and a hint of bottleness.

I think if Fofana hadn't been injured, forcing us to put N'didi in CB, we win that game. Fine margins.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Think Leicester have hit their ceiling. A top four challenge and an FA Cup is a good outcome for them. Don't think they have it in them to win the PL/CL as they've already used up their quota of miracles.

Tallis

Leicester fans are perfectly entitled to be happy about the FA cup and if it means more than top 4 then so be it.

As a neutral, I see top 4 as a barometer of progress pmore than the fa cup. My argument in support of this is that Arteta won the FA cup last year.

I think overperforming argument is a valid one. They overperformed considering their squad depth. They lost out at the end of both seasons are due to that reason.
[/
Did we have better squad depth than them last season ? We were playing Fosu Mensah, Williams and Andreas.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They actually finished four points higher than last season. Winning a trophy is what they’ll remember in 20 years but in the short run it would’ve been a big step forward to get CL football.

Varun

Staff
Lads, ease off and let's keep it civil. If the level of argument drops to personal jabs and variants of "I'm right, you're stupid", it's time to end the "discussion" if one may call it that.

redshaw

FA Cup is actually very good. They've been in the CL before as Champions, the FA Cup win is another great trophy and huge moment for the fans.

TheReligion

Abusive
Lads, ease off and let's keep it civil. If the level of argument drops to personal jabs and variants of "I'm right, you're stupid", it's time to end the "discussion" if one may call it that.
I did try and end it Varun but was accused by @charlenefan of disrespect. It was all very Jose meltdown-ish and I quickly felt embarrassed for him and moved on.

Apologies.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
They’ve run out of steam for a while really, and had tough fixtures on top of it. They’ve finished about as well as their wage bill allows them to. Apart from rare exceptions those with the highest ones occupy the top four positions.

Losing players to injuries and Rodgers not being able to adjust without his first choice players. Great season for them in all, even if it won’t feel like that today with Chelsea losing.

city-puma

Leicester fans are perfectly entitled to be happy about the FA cup and if it means more than top 4 then so be it.

As a neutral, I see top 4 as a barometer of progress pmore than the fa cup. My argument in support of this is that Arteta won the FA cup last year.

Did we have better squad depth than them last season ? We were playing Fosu Mensah, Williams and Andreas.
I have to say yes. And it’s actually because of our less injuries than them. This season, we have an improved squad depth, and their injury issues might indicate they have something needed to address over the summer. Medical department, squad rotation, squad depth, and so on.

TheReligion

Abusive
I actually couldn't tell. Seemed like a non-event.

But he was hobbling around when he went to his seat.
I do think that cost you tbh and forgot about it until now. Yeah it didn't seem too bad but you'd like to think if he could have run it off he'd have given it a go.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Would you have rather won the Cup or finished 4th?

I'd 100% rather have won the cup but maybe that's because I'm old.
I'd have been happy with either, but I'd prefer the cup.

I think in the short term, missing out on the CL stings a lot. But in the long term, we're not going to be talking about "that one time we scraped into 4th place, and got battered in the Champions League with our shit seeding". It's going to be talking about that Tielemans banger, that Kasper save, and winning our first FA cup and breaking our curse of being 'The-Team-in-the-most-FA-Cup-Finals-Without-Ever-Winning-it".

We'd won the league, we'd won the league cup a few times, but the FA cup was the missing piece of silverware.

I suspect Chelsea may have been happier with top 4 though, since they've already got a few cups.

TheReligion

Abusive

I think in the short term, missing out on the CL stings a lot. But in the long term, we're not going to be talking about "that one time we scraped into 4th place, and got battered in the Champions League with our shit seeding". It's going to be talking about that Tielemans banger, that Kasper save, and winning our first FA cup and breaking our curse of being 'The-Team-in-the-most-FA-Cup-Finals-Without-Ever-Winning-it".
If anything I think it's the other way. Short term the cup is great as is any silverware. Long term though the CL spot is really important both financially and with regards to retention and recruitment.

Djemba-Djemba

We'd won the league, we'd won the league cup a few times, but the FA cup was the missing piece of silverware.

I suspect Chelsea may have been happier with top 4 though, since they've already got a few cups.
Probably the best result for both teams yeah.

Think it's a shame you missed out again though, 2 seasons running.

I really rate Brendan but it does look to be a bit of an issue now with his sides ending the season badly.

el3mel

Would you have rather won the Cup or finished 4th?

I'd 100% rather have won the cup but maybe that's because I'm old.
Fa Cup is nice, but I mean we have seen Arsenal winning ton of these Fa Cups past years, did it make them any better ? Did it help them improve ?

I think they would have benefitted a lot from the money they will get from CL participation in improving their team.

Also, Leicester also shouldn't have needed to choose one over other. They have been in top 4, hell even top 3, for the majority of the season. They bottle it not today, but when they only got 4 points out of 9 from Palace, Southampton and Newcastle.

Morpheus 7

Winning the FA cup was huge for the club but massive questions need asked, to throw top 4 away like that two seasons on the spin. It be different if they were chasing all season but to collapse again, Rodgers teams play good football but the pattern is scary.

Djemba-Djemba

Fa Cup is nice, but I mean we have seen Arsenal winning ton of these Fa Cups past years, did it make them any better ? Did it help them improve ?

I think they would have benefitted a lot from the money they will get from CL participation in improving their team.

Also, Leicester also shouldn't have needed to choose one over other. They have been in top 4, hell even top 3, for the majority of the season. They bottle it not today, but when they only got 4 points out of 9 from Palace, Southampton and Newcastle.
I can see why Top 4 is probably more important but I'm just old fashioned. I much preferred winning the cup in 2016 and finishing 5th than finishing 4th and winning nothing in 2015 for example.

And yeah like I said it's clearly an issue with Rodgers sides. To blow top 4 once is unlucky, but two seasons running is really bad. Plus the Liverpool implosion in 2014, it's a major flaw with him.

el3mel

I can see why Top 4 is probably more important but I'm just old fashioned. I much preferred winning the cup in 2016 and finishing 5th than finishing 4th and winning nothing in 2015 for example.

And yeah like I said it's clearly an issue with Rodgers sides. To blow top 4 once is unlucky, but two seasons running is really bad. Plus the Liverpool implosion in 2014, it's a major flaw with him.
On the moment celebrating a trophy is better and more emotional, but on long term I think being a consistent top 4 team is better for the image of the club and the resources you can get from such participation, especially for a club that's not really as big or rich as the other top clubs in England like Leicester.

And while the Fa Cup we won in 2016 was pretty nice moment, this season was pretty bad imo.