Leicester v United u23 - debut for Diallo?

lysglimt

Scout
Match tonight at 8 - United vs Leicester. Could be the first match we get to see Diallo playing for United.

Leicester just below us - and we need a win to not be back in the relegation-struggle again.

rotherham_red

I was thinking this might be possible but it might be a little too soon for him having only just started training with the first team.

Might also be worth waiting on Pellistri coming back from Covid to see the both of them together.

MPTutd

Seeing as he has mainly been benchwarming for Atlanta all season, I suspect he could do with some minutes. I think we should give him an hour.

Ashish Negi

unlikely due to different bubble set up and thats why many u23 are not part of senior team this season

macheda14

unlikely due to different bubble set up and thats why many u23 are not part of senior team this season
We still have people doing both - Brandon Williams being one. I read that they get changed in separate rooms. Ole even said he expects him to play in the U23 for a game or so.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't think that's an issue anymore. Pellestri has mixed with both squads during COVID so I don't see why it would be any different.

pascell

Incorrect. He's part of the first team bubble, as are Pellistri and Mengi, both have played for the u23s this season, they just have to get ready in a different changing room.

Bwuk

He'll start unless Ole plans on having him on the bench vs Fulham imo.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Match tonight at 8 - United vs Leicester. Could be the first match we get to see Diallo playing for United.

Leicester just below us - and we need a win to not be back in the relegation-struggle again.
Levitt and Kovar available?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We've not really had any standout performers who'd warrant a senior appearance this season anyway.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He'll start unless Ole plans on having him on the bench vs Fulham imo.
This! Fulham too soon IMO but who knows..

Get a run out tonight for an hour or so, see how he does and maybe the bench in the FA cup?

RedfromIreland

I think it's a 7pm kick off. MUTV from 6:45.

Robbo*

Don't think that's an issue anymore. Pellestri has mixed with both squads during COVID so I don't see why it would be any different.
I think he then caught COVID though, so maybe now they will be taking extra precaution.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Kovar; Neville, Fish, Mengi (c), Devine; Levitt, Galbraith; Shoretire, Hannibal, Elanga; Hugill. Subs: Mastny, Helm, McCann, Stanley.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Indeed but does that mean he is ineligible? Not. Sure if he has to be nominated
He's not ineligible like Mason Greenwood isn't. But for the money paid and impression already made in training, (per reports) it's easy to see why he's part of the first team straight away when this game in particular looked a ideal time to give him a run out. But it seems Ole has been very impressed by him in training and from what he said to the Nowegian media it seemed like he was itching to give him a first team debut sooner rather than later.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Even first team players need to be fit though. The guy has played half an hour of football all season and none in the last 6 weeks.
He's been training with Atalanta all season and has even come off the bench in some games. I don't think Gasperini would've played him if he wasn't fit.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
To be fair to United, they've grown into the game relatively quickly and are doing way better in possession.

Interestingly, just like the last time, Hannibal's being tightly marked, and he's struggling with it at the moment.

HJ12

anyone else having sound issues on MUTV? Both my pc and app have no sound.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Kovar with another mistake which opens up a 2 goal lead for Leicester.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Good build-up play on the left with Elanga, Devine, and Hannibal. Devine played a short pass back to Elanga, who then played a short pass inside to Hannibal. Hannibal then took a touch before quickly playing Elanga into the box. The opposing Leicester player was trying to outmuscle Elanga and did enough to put him slightly off, though Hugill read the situation, picked up the ball, and then shot it wide of the left post with his left foot.

There's some potential there given how deep Leicester are starting to drop off. Devine and Elanga are starting to attract a bit more attention now, too.

Unfortunately, we just conceded another stupid goal with Kovar not even covering his near post at all. A Leicester player had the ball near the byline and entered the box. He tried to play a cross across the 6-yard box, but it was deflected by Will Fish. Kovar left a big gap in the near post, and the ball rolled past his diving body into the goal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Elanga pulls one back, Hannibal assist. Leicester got caught up field.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well we see why Swindon didn’t like Kovar. Opposite of how he played last season. His confidence must be gone.
His head's not in the game at all. I wonder why he'd be in this state, though. One would have thought that him playing several matches of first-team football would have been a boost.

Anyways, we're back into the game. Leicester kind of slept, defensively, with their midfield pushing way to high up. Hannibal was in tons of space and played a pass out to Elanga, who stroked it off the far post.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Hannibal and Elanga must be close to getting debuts in the EL?
Hannibal's not ready yet given how much he's struggled against more physical, aggressive sides. Elanga might be ready, but I wouldn't expect him to get too many minutes at this time.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like Leicester are starting to get more aggressive with their challenges. They've put their foot into our players more often than before.

Other than that, we've been in control of the match. We've done a very good job of playing out of the back. Hannibal's been key in this with this quick passes and decent vision to spot them.