Leighton Baines

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Martinez came up with the point pretty much out the blue I'm not trying to claim he play at Lahms level but if Martinez thinks he can play there at a very good level I'm all for giving it a go. Baines technical abilitys are underrated I feel.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I'm not saying otherwise but we won't find out til/if he actually plays that position.

It's to easy to say such and such is not international class though isn't it but the amount of leeway other players get at this level doesn't make sense. Is Rooney not international class because for Baines shit World Cup Rooney has had 3 ?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I'm not saying otherwise but we won't find out til/if he actually plays that position.

It's to easy to say such and such is not international class though isn't it but the amount of leeway other players get at this level doesn't make sense. Is Rooney not international class because for Baines shit World Cup Rooney has had 3 ?
Rooney is proven, he's scored at this level, and helped England qualify for numerous tournaments - apart from 08 - while Baines hasn't.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Rooney is proven, he's scored at this level, and helped England qualify for numerous tournaments - apart from 08 - while Baines hasn't.
So scoring past a bunch of minnows in the qualifiers makes you "international class" despite being awful in about 4 consecutive international championships ?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Everytime I see this thread I get nightmares of us being linked with him again.

Based Adnan

Was the best left back in the league for a period. Wished we signed him when Moyes went for him.