Leon Bailey

Devil may care

Just as inconsistent as the forwards we already have, he faded last season as Havertz and Brandt took center stage for Leverkusen.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Best to probably ask a Leverkusen fan @Zehner

I havent seen him often this season, when i turned on, he usually wasnt playing. I assume he is inconsistent and last season a lot of things worked out in his favour, while this season not everything goes in.
Bailey had quite a run two years ago. His reputation primarily stems from this period. It seemed like sky's his limit back then and people were all over him. Personally I never bought the hype and I was pretty alone with my opinion that Brandt and Havertz were far greater talents. To me it seemed like everything went his way in the first half of that season. He seemed to hit every shot he took and couldn't really do anything wrong but his flaws were already there to see. His devision making is awful, he picks the wrong situations to dribble, cross and shoot, misplaces easy passes and his technique is inconsistent. Sometimes he's got incredible footwork, dribbles and skill moves and in the next scene he screws up a touch or overhits it when dribbling. Sometimes it seems the phrase "with the head through the wall" seems to have been invented for him in particular.
What really sets him apart is his pace, that's still incredible. But that's about it as of now. His crazy father and all the diva headlines are only the icing on the cake.

This season was basically him having some plays for the gallery while completely lacking any sort of end product. IMO he was our worst attacking player. In all honesty, I hope we sell him and sign a striker so that we can move Volland to the left - he was much better there than Bailey. If we get 40 million for him, I'd be more than happy. Think we will be better without him and he doesn't come across as someone we'd be missing from a human perspective either. The kind of player who'd force his way out if he wanted to leave after a great season.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Scored some banging freekicks last season though.

But I agree about everything else, he´s got talent but sadly his weaknesses have caught up to him big time. Still think, he can be a star in the future, but nor world class level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: not even the best winger there

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wow. Talk about scrapping the end of the barrel. Shouldn't touch him at all right now, even for 40 mil. If it's 20 mil then it might be a gamble worth taking like James.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was class in Belgium but he never really got it going at Bayer. If he can’t do it in this environment at a club that is pretty good with youth talents, I don’t think he’ll ever realise that top level I thought he’d reach.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Take him! I'm sure he'll develop percectly.

We give you Dragovic on top of that for a laughable 5m price tag.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah he was hot two years ago but this season has been in and out of the Leverkusen team. Has had some good games like scoring twice away to Bayern Munich.

Think he's a europa level standard player so surprised if Man. United sign him. Leverkusen will certainly sell if anyone is offering 40m. Think this is where other clubs chuckle at premier league and think do you really watch our players much....

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I didn't want him 2 years ago when the hype was at it's peak. Some posters even took exception to my views on Bailey at the time. Currently he shouldn't even be discussed as far as a potential incoming IMO.

Cliche Guevara

I didn't want him 2 years ago when the hype was at it's peak. Some posters even took exception to my views on Bailey at the time. Currently he shouldn't even be discussed as far as a potential incoming IMO.
Yeah but to be fair you were pretty OTT regarding Chong, who I have to say I do not rate at all and should also not be at OT.

TrustInOle

Guys it's daily mail :lol: not even quoting a source, just say they understand we are in for him. Don't buy into newspaper hysteria, 0 chance of this happening.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sorry to burst your bubble. :lol: We will gladly take Tah of your hands if you willing to :drool:
Hopefully we won't. He also lost his place in their starting XI against Dragovic and he is absolutely terrible.

TrustInOle

Hopefully we won't. He also lost his place in their starting XI.
Now that's abit of a shock to me, I was very impressed with what I seen of him last year and was sure he would be Bayern bound to form a partnership with Sule for the future. Any indications as to why he was dropped?

dr.twinny

There are much better targets out there if Sancho is a no-go.

He's been pretty inconsistent for the past year which has coincided with him being in and out of the team. I also don't think the coach rates him that highly. Whether it's due to his off the field performances or the influence of his father/agent, one gets the feeling that Leverkusen are just holding on to him so they can get a decent transfer fee.

He definitely needs to move on though after this season because he can't afford another disappointing year like this one.
He's still young enough to improve and get to a level of consistency I reckon.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah but to be fair you were pretty OTT regarding Chong, who I have to say I do not rate at all and should also not be at OT.
I do rate Chong though and think he'll come good. His problem has been psychological rather than a lack of talent. People who follow the youth teams will understand where I'm coming from.

I'm also someone that makes predictions regarding a players future projection and posters like me won't be correct all the time. But I do have a decent track record and there is also some players I was wrong about.

Andersons Dietician

Would be much more interested in Moussa Diaby than Leon. Looks an intresting player. Isn’t he the one keeping Leon out as well.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Now that's abit of a shock to me, I was very impressed with what I seen of him last year and was sure he would be Bayern bound to form a partnership with Sule for the future. Any indications as to why he was dropped?
He turns like a truck basically. I got the impression that he put on too much muscle in the last 1-2 years and isnt´t nearly as mobile as he used to be when he came in in 2015. We also signed Tapsoba in winter from Guimaraes and he has been superb so far. Will be very interesting to see what happens to Tah now. He always seemed to be destined to develop into a top class CB and then move for a big prize tag but he has stagnated dramatically.

TrustInOle

He turns like a truck basically. I got the impression that he put on too much muscle in the last 1-2 years and isnt´t nearly as mobile as he used to be when he came in in 2015. We also signed Tapsoba in winter from Guimaraes and he has been superb so far. Will be very interesting to see what happens to Tah now. He always seemed to be destined to develop into a top class CB and then move for a big prize tag but he has stagnated dramatically.
Tbh, you see it with slot of these young lads who impress for a good 6month then suddenly they are found out and can't adapt their game. If Tah's issue is a loss of pace due to bulking up, that can be something easily remedied. Not heard of Tapsoba before, will definatley try to keep an eye out for him. But I agree on your sentiments, along with Dayot, Sule and De Ligt, I thought he'd be one of he leading defenders of this generation. Hope he can turn it around.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Assisted two today. Break the bank folks