Leon Goretzka

Daonico

Ooft this is what muppets dreams are made of :drool: In the words of Gimli - 'Certainty of a new contract, small chance of happening...what are we waiting for?'
I can even picture woodward with a pipe in his mouth and a long beard saying that

Houdini

Would be a dream signing. Much better than Rice or Neves.

romufc

Never going to happen, this is his agent trying to get the best possible deal for Goretzka. He will not leave Bayern.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
A German playing for Bayern Munich? Ya, he’s going nowhere :lol:
Wasn’t the same said about Kroos?

Just playing devils advocate because he isn’t leaving :lol:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It'd be sweet to give Bayern a taste of their own medicine by getting one of their best talents on a free. Especially after they sold us one crock too many.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If you look at the reports it says for 2022. Isn’t that when he’s out of contract? If do, smart by us. Not one for this summer

Jericholyte2

I normally wouldn't jump on the train, but recent history with Bayern has shown other players unwilling to accept 'low-ball' contract offers and running them out.

We're offering him a contract based on him potentially running out his contract.

devil99

Impossible as selling clubs also want to cash in, especially in covid market.

Perez probably thinks after super league fiasco, he can still outsmart everyone on the market. If he'll gets one player for free from that list, he can already consider himself lucky.
I think only Camavinga is moving on this window and others possibly signing a new deal or running down their contracts. Except Rennes other clubs could absorb the impact would be my guess.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Complete non-starter this. But would essentially just be a big upgrade on McTominay in every way but similar style to him.

SinNombre

Goretzka did exactly the same at Schalke, ran his contract down and joined Bayern.

I can definitely see a scenario where he does the same at Bayern, unless he gets Sane-esque wages.

I think a lot of United fans don't realize that Sane chase and contract has finally killed Bayern keeping their players happy for relatively lower wages. It is just not Goretzka, they just lost Alaba. Coman and Kimmich are also refusing to sign contract extensions on current terms.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If you look at the reports it says for 2022. Isn’t that when he’s out of contract? If do, smart by us. Not one for this summer
Well, doesn’t mean you can write it off this summer. We probably prepared an estimation for his personal deal and looking for how much the player/agent want first. And then if we sell Pogba this summer, we might use the money we got from selling Pogba to sign Gortezka. If we don’t sell Pogba and Pogba doesn’t sign a new contract then we will lose Pogba for free next year but at the same time we might get Goretzka for free as replacement.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Dream signing. Made for the PL. would be immense. Unlikely to ever happen. Perfect replacement for Pogba and in terms of how we play, an upgrade.

ColvaleGoa

I normally wouldn't jump on the train, but recent history with Bayern has shown other players unwilling to accept 'low-ball' contract offers and running them out.

We're offering him a contract based on him potentially running out his contract.

Serious question...but is this not tapping?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Serious question...but is this not tapping?
No because we won’t have spoken to him and offered him a contract. We will have spoken to his agent and said “sure, I reckon your player could get around £10m a season with us”.

RUCK4444

We should be going after players like this, letting their agents know what they can get here.

We will likely fail but there is no shame in trying to get the best players around, worst case it may make teams like Bayern pay more across their wage structure, not just their top players (this guy happens to be one of them.)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well, doesn’t mean you can write it off this summer. We probably prepared an estimation for his personal deal and looking for how much the player/agent want first. And then if we sell Pogba this summer, we might use the money we got from selling Pogba to sign Gortezka. If we don’t sell Pogba and Pogba doesn’t sign a new contract then we will lose Pogba for free next year but at the same time we might get Goretzka for free as replacement.
I personally think we don’t have enough budget left to purchase this summer so we are being smart, let him run down his contract and offer him a contract

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'd be content if summer 2022 we lose Pogba on a free and pick this guy up on a free to replace him

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I'd be content if summer 2022 we lose Pogba on a free and pick this guy up on a free to replace him
Might be our position in a negotiation with PSG too; yes, we could lose Pogba for free, but we could also replace him with a great bosman player. It gives us a stronger hand.

Do PSG feel certain that they will be Pogbas first choice in six months time when other clubs can pick him up for free? Are they willing to risk it? Pogba would be a huge signing for them. Probably on a similar level to Zlatan and Neymar, or even bigger, due to his status in France and him being french. Maybe the Qatar-owner also see some value in getting one of the most prominent muslim names in the world onboard?

I dont think we will get Goretzka, but it probably gives us an edge when negotiating with PSG. But I do think they will struggle to raise funds. I would love to check out if it would be possible to include Marquinhos, or even Verratti, in a deal.

Houdini

He's better than both of them combined. Rice might be better defensively though, as Leon likes to go forward quite a lot.
And we need that more. Rice is good for parking the bus or controlling the game, but our weekness is to break down teams.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
No because we won’t have spoken to him and offered him a contract. We will have spoken to his agent and said “sure, I reckon your player could get around £10m a season with us”.
Even speaking to an agent is tapping up. Any communication with a representative of the player, or the player himself, without permission from the club is considered tapping up.

It's just really common nowadays so it's accepted, just in the very few cases that the club gets annoyed that they report it (and if they have proof).

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
0 chance this happening.
Why? Thiago and Alaba have just left Bayern that's proof that players will leave Bayern for new challenges/better contracts

Lewandowski has been flirting with leaving for years as well

If Goretzka has already been offered a better contract elsewhere that's probably the minimum Bayern need to meet to get him to stay