Film Leonardo DiCaprio - Greatest Actor of All Time?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not even in the top 20.

He's not awful but he's not a great at all.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Impossible to quantify. I think he's a great actor with one of the best careers ever.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Yeah but has he ever made a bad film?
Oh he has a very impressive filmography (those Dan Brown movies were pretty shit though), that doesn't change the fact that I can't stand him as an actor.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Jason Statham and it’s not even close.

Thaumaste

Impossible to quantify. I think he's a great actor with one of the best careers ever.
As you say, it really is impossible to arrive at any quantifiable certainty, but for me he's an excellent actor with a great career, but not close to the greatest of all time. Just off the top of my head, I wouldn't put Di Caprio in the same league as James Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, Marlon Brando, Daniel Day Lewis, Alec Guinness, Peter O'Toole or Richard Harris.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
If we are talking about the greatest white male actors working out of Hollywood, that are under the age of 50, over the last 30 years, then yes! Dicaprio would definitely make the top 25.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Not even the best bald British actor

[/QTEUO]
feck me what a watch. A 7 second clip rich in emotional complexity. I bet McFadden is a method actor. I bet he spent days walking blind folded around a large room in just his socks with a single 3 pin plug ready to surprise him.

Oldyella

Come one, he's absolutely superb. Hardly makes a bad film Leo, since Basketball diaries he's been absolutely superb in any role he's taken on.

DDL is probably my top pick, but Leo is right up there (in the top 20 I mean).
He was fantastic in What's eating Gilbert grape before that as well.

DDL for me as well though. Just wish he made more movies.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Come one, he's absolutely superb. Hardly makes a bad film Leo, since Basketball diaries he's been absolutely superb in any role he's taken on.

DDL is probably my top pick, but Leo is right up there (in the top 20 I mean).
Not for me sorry. I'm not saying he isn't decent but he's not a great. I could easily name 20 I think are better.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Also, Dwayne Johnson is the best actor.

Or Kit Harrington. I mean, Jon Snow man, Yeah!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He is probably the best 'Movie star' at the moment - he picks great roles and is generally in excellent movies. Best actor though? Not for me - he is very good but Daniel Day Lewis shits all over him when it comes to actual acting talent.

Ramos

No. It's like he has loads of Europa League trophies but no Champions League trophy. What's his "Brando in The Godfather", "Pacino in The Godfather part II"- or "De Niro in Raging Bull" like performance? The Revenant? Surely not.

spaceboyRSA

Jason Statham and it’s not even close.
Utter horseshit. Its clearly David Hasselhoff. Ive never seen so many emotions in an actor.

In all honesty though, Leo is up there. Managed to not be pigeon holed as a pretty boy, and has had a very respectable career.

OohAahMartial

Watched Wolf of Wall Street the other day, which was dead funny and he got a Golden Globe for it. He certainly did a good job on it, but not GOAT or such.

stepic

he stands out a bit now because there's so few movie stars that don't resort to BS superhero or franchise movies.

great actor. not the greatest of all time though.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Greatest in his generation, certainly. Nicolas Cage comes a close second.

Andrew~

No. It's like he has loads of Europa League trophies but no Champions League trophy. What's his "Brando in The Godfather", "Pacino in The Godfather part II"- or "De Niro in Raging Bull" like performance? The Revenant? Surely not.
Basically this. He's tried hard to get those performances (Shutter Island, Revenant, The Departed), but I don't think he's quite hit the mark just yet.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
feck me what a watch. A 7 second clip rich in emotional complexity. I bet McFadden is a method actor. I bet he spent days walking blind folded around a large room in just his socks with a single 3 pin plug ready to surprise him.
:lol: