Leroy Sané vs. Anthony Martial | ClosetDevil and City sitting in a tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClosetDevil

I'm surprised no one has started that comparison yet.

Both came into their respective teams full of promise, albeit with massive fees attached to them. One of them has gone on to basically look like a world beater, while the other is struggling to make a significant impact.

One of them is a constant goal threat, while the other is beginning to come across as a bit of a one trick pony.

One of them is full of confidence, the other seems to have his shoulder dropping when the going gets tough.

Is it purely a question of a difference in current ability? Is it an issue of confidence? Is the problem that Martial isn't being played to his strengths? What's going on?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Martial 15/16 was better than 16/17 Sane and I still think Martial's ceiling is higher however Sane is no doubt a great player too.

Silas

Nobody compares them because they're different types of players. Isn't Martial still our most productive attacker when you look at goals/assists per minute? How is he struggling to make an impact? I disagree with most of your points so I can't even answer your final question.

ClosetDevil or ClosetBlue?

Cadillac

Martial would be twice the player Sane is if Martial was playing in this City team under Pep.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The problem is half of your post is nonsense.

Both have 8 goals this season, Martial in less appearances in a team that isn't as free flowing as Sane's.

What is Martials one trick? Making fullbacks shit themselves? Being our most threatening attacking player? Being the one player capable capable of genuine magic and excitement in our attack?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Martial 15/16 > 16/17 Sane

As for this season, in terms of Sane being a 'constant goal threat' while Martial is a 'one trick pony', you do know before today's game they both had the same number of goals with Martial having less game time than Sane?

They're both very good players. Constant comparison threads are tiring.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Will these threads ever end. Both good players now, both great talents.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Sane is a natural winger playing in his natural position in a team in great attacking form, Martial is a CF shoehorned into a LW role in a team not gelling in attack.

Their talent is at about the same level, they are both some of the best talents around, with Mbappe and quite possibly Dembele being a notch above.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Martial in that City team would have double figures by now.
Both are very good young players but I don't see myself wishing we had Sane instead. Would have been great to have both though :drool:

RC89

What the hell is the OP on about? Worst thread I've seen in a while.

VivaJanuzaj

Nonsense comparison, at City Martial would've looked much better as they're playing far more offensive and vice versa with Sane looking worst with us I reckon. So this is a comparison with no point.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
No contest between the two. Sane is miles ahead off-the-ball and although he can be too greedy, the lights are always switched on when he is playing. Martial has trouble staying focused.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Greck

Sane can go periods without touching the ball and no one takes notice because his team is still cruising. Meanwhile Martial and Rashford are crucified for not saving our hides every week the team plays bad. Despite being shifted out of position and being the only ones trying to create something which usually requires that they force the issue

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The way this thread was started was a disaster, a comparison full of bias and lacking in basic facts. Sane is a great player, he doesn't need Martial's achievements downplayed to make a case for a comparison but Martial is very productive in the minutes he plays. You are seriously downgrading one of your own players.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Sane is a different level to Martial i'm afraid, Sane's much more productive and direct than Martial.

Number1

If this thread was any other football forum other than United’s people would laugh and the thread would be locked as it’s not even a contest.

Sane is leaps and bounds ahead of Martial in every department.

Status
Not open for further replies.