Leroy Sane watch | Feb 2020: Returning to fitness with City's U23s

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
current sanity level-

2nd august, signs for city - sanity level - insane.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I do feel like we could have used one more talented and speedy attacking player... One injury and we're bound to the likes of Young and Depay filling in on the wing.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well then, good luck to him. He will need it.

Panther

Can't believe we're letting City buy all the good players like Sane and Gundogan whilst we're stuck with a 43 year old on £750,000 a week, a player who has only had 3 good seasons at Juventus and is costing us £160m on £340,000 per week and someone who only directly contributed to 26 goals last season in the Bundesliga. Clearly shows City are the bigger team.
white text sorry everyone

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why have City given him a James Bond like introduction video?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Never seen him play. Seems highly rated though.

Wonder if he'll have sane impact as Sterling.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I really hope your commentators won't actually pronounce his name like 'sane'.

He was impressive (for his age) whenever I watched him in the CL but haven't seen enough of him to form a proper opinion. I really hope he benches Sterling though.

ocprodigy

He was impressive (for his age) whenever I watched him in the CL but haven't seen enough of him to form a proper opinion. I really hope he benches Sterling though.
Sterling was already going to the bench mate. This is just to assure he gets sold within 2 years.

Truedevil

Well then, good luck to him. He will need it.
As someone who knows the Bundesliga well, do you rate him? How far he can go in your opinion?

I'm hoping he's more Sterling than Coman/Martial.

Ole90+3

He's played 61 minutes in the Champions League. You must be talking about the EL.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
As someone who knows the Bundesliga well, do you rate him? How far he can go in your opinion?

I'm hoping he's more Sterling than Coman/Martial.
Oh, I rate him, his potential is immense, but this move is way too soon for him. The lad has basically one season as starter under his belt and his form curve looked more like a roller coaster than a clear line or curve. IMO this move has great potential to backfire for him quite badly.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He's played 61 minutes in the Champions League. You must be talking about the EL.
No don't think I am, didn't he have a cameo against Real where he changed the game and hit the post? Was mainly talking about that, probably phrased it a bit wrong :lol: If not it'll probably be the EL yes.

Truedevil

Oh, I rate him, his potential is immense, but this move is way too soon for him. The lad has basically one season as starter under his belt and his form curve looked more like a roller coaster than a clear line or curve. IMO this move has great potential to backfire for him quite badly.
Thanks for the response. At first Guardiola will probably use Nolito and Sterling on the wings regularly whilst Sane will have time to settle and push for one of the starting spots.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Like i said before, I feel that this move comes way to early.
One season as a starter (well I think he started like 20 times and came off the bench 10 times) for Schalke really isn't much at all and now - with that price tag - it'll be expected of him to have an immediate impact on a better and far more stacked team. Massive talent but we'll see. I love him tho, hope he does well.

izec

It depends, could come in and tear it apart. I preidct he will adapt quickly and cement a place in the City starting eleven during the season. He has immense potential, Pep will love him.

stubie

Looks nothing special from what I have seen and at a cost of £37m!

Sad times ahead for football if that is the going rate for an average player nowadays

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks nothing special from what I have seen and at a cost of £37m!

Sad times ahead for football if that is the going rate for an average player nowadays
He's only 20 years old... Can you really call him 'average'?

Womp

idiot
He's a top talent, no doubt about it, whether he fufills that potential is a completely different issue. Many a player who has been touted as the dogs bollocks only to be forgotten in a few years through City. (Jack Rodwell)

settembrini

At the start of the summer he was my dream signing and now he's at City :(

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
yeah, if you're a german speaker. for english speakers my pronounciation works better.
I know. Only that english 'nay'-sound is not very close to the original french pronunciation of 'né'.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
He's a top talent, no doubt about it, whether he fufills that potential is a completely different issue. Many a player who has been touted as the dogs bollocks only to be forgotten in a few years through City. (Jack Rodwell)
Rodwell was promising but injury prone at Everton.
We needed talented English players at a reasonable cost due to FFP regulations so we took a chance on Rodwell who spent 2 seasons with us but was never fit so we sold him on for the same fee as we spent.
Yeah we really ruined his career.

Womp

idiot
Rodwell was promising but injury prone at Everton.
We needed talented English players at a reasonable cost due to FFP regulations so we took a chance on Rodwell who spent 2 seasons with us but was never fit so we sold him on for the same fee as we spent.
Yeah we really ruined his career.
Jesus you're emotional. Where did I mention City ruining his career? :lol: Not fulfilling potential =/= City ruining him, apparently.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Jesus you're emotional. Where did I mention City ruining his career? :lol: Not fulfilling potential =/= City ruining him, apparently.
Here

Many a player who has been touted as the dogs bollocks only to be forgotten in a few years through City. (Jack Rodwell)
Not your precise words, granted, but the inference is clear.

stubie

He's only 20 years old... Can you really call him 'average'?
For the money they are paying can't really say he looks anywhere near the price. Is he really better or can be better than what they already have?

Womp

idiot
Here

Not your precise words, granted, but the inference is clear.
It really isn't. He was a player who was touted to be a future great and he did go through City, only to be forgotten. Don't see how you got City being the reason anywhere from that statement.

sammyvine

For the money they are paying can't really say he looks anywhere near the price. Is he really better or can be better than what they already have?
You say that about every player a rival signs