Let’s all laugh at Luis Suarez

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Is Antohan actually Luis Suarez or merely a very close relative?
Neither. He's a poster with an opinion about it, an opinion based on first hand knowledge of a gesture. Might not make him right but it's still an informed opinion .. which is more than half the posts on the Caf.

(Also knows a lot about S American football. Interesting to listen to).

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think the point is more that he's being a nob by begging for someone to be carded, especially when it's not even to do with play.
Same player that got Cavani red carded in 2015 for reacting to getting fingered up his anus? No chance.

antohan

See what happened to Jack Grealish for Aston Villa against Birmingham last season. You think he wouldn't have appreciated a fellow player stopping the fan by any force before sparking him in the back of his head.
I understand it's an issue when the invader attacks a player. Problem is you can hardly tell that's going to be the outcome. It rarely is, so the rule is set as stear clear. If attacking invaders was normal you would end up with massive brawls between players on a regular basis.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Antohan is right on the FIFA rule thing, but wrong on the other one. Suarez was definitely appealing for a handball there for a second :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Meep

Why the hell are people here trying to make up excuses for the manchild..? My guess is he sees the player behind and somehow swaps them thinking that is the goalie. Strange manchild indeed.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Very funny (not). The more common one, as said, is not over your head. Watch halfway through this clip when he slaps his left arm after missing the hand. At least in Latin countries it's a regular gesture, noisy arm-waving gesticulators that we are.

Another more obvious explanation is maybe he was indicating it went off the keeper's hand and a corner should therefore be awarded.

But no, the guy is a lunatic and wants a penalty for a keeper handball. Right. Clickbait sites must love you.
Yeah that's not a penalty claim, he's an animated character so is often doing strange things.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
Neither. He's a poster with an opinion about it, an opinion based on first hand knowledge of a gesture. Might not make him right but it's still an informed opinion .. which is more than half the posts on the Caf.

(Also knows a lot about S American football. Interesting to listen to).
He clearly appealed for the handball instinctively and then realised what actually happened.

The amount of South American football Atohan has or hasn't watched is irrelevant.

He clearly appealed for the handball instinctively and then realised what actually happened.

The amount of South American football Atohan has or hasn't watched is irrelevant.
Hence why I said doesn't make him right, it's an opinion. It happens to differ to you/some others .... this is a forum?

I didn't say it did, you're putting the two comments together and assuming they're linked. It was purely an edit/separate comment... a "FYI". Personally, I like to read what people from other countries say about football/footballers from their region.... interesting, a good insight.

Dominant

Jeez, a Man utd fan trying to defend Luis fecking Suarez. :nono: He should be mocked at every given opportunity!

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
Hence why I said doesn't make him right, it's an opinion. It happens to differ to you/some others .... this is a forum?

I didn't say it did, you're putting the two comments together and assuming they're linked. It was purely an edit/separate comment... a "FYI". Personally, I like to read what people from other countries say about football/footballers from their region.... interesting, a good insight.
I couldn't care less what country a poster is from, either I agree with them or I don't.

And, in this case, I think what happened is pretty self-evident.

I couldn't care less what country a poster is from, either I agree with them or I don't.

And, in this case, I think what happened is pretty self-evident.
Me too.

Again, two separate comments, one about his post, two about his knowledge. Never said they're linked, it was an after thought, an edit.

I've got no idea what Suarez meant and believe me, I'd as soon as see him as a cheating tw@t as most others do (including Liverpool fans ironically now)... can't stand him as a person (check posts).... I just don't see why he'd appeal for handball this time when goalies have saved his shots/passes for years?

antohan

Jeez, a Man utd fan trying to defend Luis fecking Suarez. :nono: He should be mocked at every given opportunity!
I happen to be Uruguayan as well. A cnut but our cnut and all that...

Mind, it's not like I would have his babies or anything, he does get on my nerves with the constant mouthing off and complaining at the refs. Don't think it helps him/us at all.

It's precisely the misplaced mocking or criticism that I respond to, particularly when randomly extended to us (e.g. every other post saying something absurd is normal in Uruguay).

He did ruin my 2014 WC trip after all, I was at the stadium in Natal, had everything sorted for the quarters in Rio through contacts... then I saw him rolling around holding his mouth I knew he must have done something incredibly stupid. I flew straight back home as the whole saga after that was only going to lead to a loss vs Colombia.

HankHill

Supports
Ewe Night Tid.
Me too.

Again, two separate comments, one about his post, two about his knowledge. Never said they're linked, it was an after thought, an edit.

I've got no idea what Suarez meant and believe me, I'd as soon as see him as a cheating tw@t as most others do (including Liverpool fans ironically now)... can't stand him as a person (check posts).... I just don't see why he'd appeal for handball this time when goalies have saved his shots/passes for years?
Just instinct, I believe.

MalcolmTucker

He's so overtly cnutish that I can't help but find him comical. Same with Diego Costa. It's the snidey, whiney or the hypocritical ones that i tend to dislike more.

He definitely was instinctively calling for the handball then realised it was the goalkeeper and tried to style it out.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I think the point is more that he's being a nob by begging for someone to be carded, especially when it's not even to do with play.
I agree with this, I hate when players try to get opposition players carded.
By the letter of the law, he should have been sent off. It's still violent conduct no matter how justified it may be and is a red card offence.

RoyH1

I’m of the opinion that players asking for other players to be carded, should themselves get a yellow card. Make it a rule across the game and watch moaning and whining decrease across the board.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I’m of the opinion that players asking for other players to be carded, should themselves get a yellow card. Make it a rule across the game and watch moaning and whining decrease across the board.
This is far too sensible for the governing bodies. They'd rather focus on complicating the handball rule

20solskjaer

Im pretty sure it already is in the laws of the game

montpelier

I thought the alleged GK penalty appeal was just funny, I don't really know what there is to slaughter him about it. Just a bit bonkers, which he is.

Technically, he's right about sorting out the pitch invader - but that's a lot more twatty that he tries to gain advantage from it. But then he's that as well, innit?

cyberman

He's done at the top level.
1 goal in 10 CL games in each of the last two campaigns, not one goal scored away from home in 4 years.
My theory is Messi and his lack of movement is dragging the players back to cover their basically two man midifields v the oppositions 3 thus creating a gap between their number 9 and the rest and Suarez hasn't the legs anymore to stretch the opposition. This allows the opposition defenders to safely press higher up the pitch and keep Suarez away from their goal.
But still..thats horrendous.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
1 goal in 10 CL games in each of the last two campaigns, not one goal scored away from home in 4 years.
My theory is Messi and his lack of movement is dragging the players back to cover their basically two man midifields v the oppositions 3 thus creating a gap between their number 9 and the rest and Suarez hasn't the legs anymore to stretch the opposition. This allows the opposition defenders to safely press higher up the pitch and keep Suarez away from their goal.
when does Barca play with two players in midfield?

cyberman

when does Barca play with two players in midfield?
Messi playing deep to pick up the ball means his lack of movement leaves Barca short of legs in midfield. You just can't press around him.
It's the main reason they get run over by the top sides away from home IMO.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Messi playing deep to pick up the ball means his lack of movement leaves Barca short of legs in midfield. It's the main reason they get run over by the top sides away from home IMO.
Main reason they get overrun is they're slow and no longer particularly well organized

cyberman

Main reason they get overrun is they're slow and no longer particularly well organized
Not at home though? Not like there's a time portal that magically gives them legs when playing at Camp Nou.
We see the damage a walking Pogba does for us, the structure of the entire team becomes fragile when the midfield is allowed to get into the space behind him and they get at the back line time and time again.
It ends up with Busquets and Rakitic being spread too thin and being completely overran. Its been as plain as day for a good 4 years now. You just die to the press.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not at home though?
Like every other team playing at hime gives them more energy, so they somewhat make up for it. And then there's the sheer individual quality of Messi bailing them out

cyberman

Like every other team playing at hime gives them more energy, so they somewhat make up for it. And then there's the sheer individual quality of Messi bailing them out
But they still tend to dominate sides there? It's not just sneaking wins but can't get the ball of them , creating chances at will Barca.
I gave them the benefit of the doubt until Mctominay dominated their midfield at OT last year and our shit pressing was resulting in them giving the ball away time and again against us.
That was us last year, the worst pressing side in the league and Barca were struggling at times and it was just us overloading midfield because Busquets has lost a bit of mobility coupled with Messi strolling around like a testimonial.
Their teams spine has been rotting the whole way through

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I mean, Barca hardly ever play with just two midfielders and they get far far worse without him. We must watch totally different teams.

Suarez lost a bit of pace/intensity and probably a bit of hunger as well. He was always a player, who was relentless/on edge and gave 110%. Its just not possible to maintain that forever. At some point you lose a bit of pace, endurance and mental fortitude. He can't do the stuff that he did in the past. At least not with the same intensity and for shorter periods.

The problem for Barca is, that they have a manger, who wants them to be tough to beat and pragmatic. Valverde doesn't want to "dominate sides" or play a certain style. He wants to grind-out wins and they are doing that thanks to Messi (and ter Stegen, who is the only other player who was consistently world-class during the last ~2 years).

Thats not enough to win the CL.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He’s been done at the top level for at least a couple of years now, IMO. That I think was apparent to anyone who watched Barca quite often.

He often still rang up good numbers, scored the odd important goal or worldie, which masked over his general performance levels - especially to those only interested in “stats” and who doesn’t watch Barca often enough. But it’s a weird one because he also wasn’t their biggest issue. Lack of pace and physicality throughout the side - especially in terms of how Valverde wants to play, has cost them dearly. And obviously, their over reliance on Messi.

But more on point. Suarez’s hold up play has dropped, his touches often results in the breakdown of moves and even his dribbling and finishing isn’t what it used to be.

Immense player in his prime for sure, and it’s only natural for his game to drop because of age/wear and tear. If Dembele or Ansu Fati (so?) hit any kind of consistency, it’ll be at the expense of Suarez to the bench.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Is there anything funnier than him crying like a baby? Serves him right.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is there anything funnier than him crying like a baby? Serves him right.
Serves him right for what? Did he do something tonight?

Also I'm surprised he was howling. I didn't think anyone thought Urugay had a good chance this WC.