Let’s face it: United are a has been club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
You're whinging about us becoming a 'payday' club but then whinging when we aren't signing players that want a payday.
No, I’m showing that United/Ed haven’t changed.

They’re playing 2 sides of the coin - going for these players and then saying they never wanted them anyways after they’ve been rejected by the player. That’s not how things work.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve had enough of how United have been run into the ground and am here to speak openly & honestly which a lot of us are scared to admit - and that’s we’re a club of the past.

Thanks to ^that^ guy & his cronies/higher ups.

Look, I could give a rats ass about how “big” we are financially. It doesn’t mean feck all if we have nothing to show for on the pitch. And that’s been 100% the case ever since Ed has been in charge.

Myself and many others really did believe he changed for the better with promising signs this transfer window but it’s just the same old, kick in the nuts disappointment.

> we have no replacement lined up for Lukaku
> no replacement for Herrera/Fellaini
> no new starting CM and that’s without mentioning a starting RW or CDM
> no player sold

...no plan b/c everything is made up on the fly as players keep rejecting us left, right, and centre.

Can’t believe the fecking joke our club has turned into because of this clown. All we have left now is history because we know we won’t be making anytime soon. It’s unbelievably sad. The worst part is I can’t even believe how long we’ve/it’s been allowed to carry on for and after countless failures there still seems to be no end in sight.

THIS USED TO BE MANCHESTER FECKING UNITED - THE FOOTBALLING GLORY OF THE WORLD! NOW WE’RE JUST SOME FECKING AFTERTHOUGHT PAYDAY CLUB THAT HAS NO DIRECTION AND ONLY MARKETING AMBITION. WHAT IN THEE ACTUAL FECK!!!

Fecking hell just look objectively. Maybe Moyes was a problem, maybe LVG was, maybe Mourinho was, and heck maybe even Ole is. But not ALL of them could have been the problem that’s just fecking impossible. There’s one constant and it’s the ownership+Ed.

We’ve missed out on Dybala+Eriksen and the club gives out bs excuse to journalists that we “pulled the plug” on them because they didn’t want us enough. No that’s a lie. In reality the players rejected us and they make a sorry excuse to save face because they were balls deep going after them prior to them rejecting us. It shows Ed/United haven’t changed regardless of how much they want to portray it. And even if it is true, it’s too little too late as fewer and fewer players jump up at the thought of joining United. And I don’t blame them. Why would they anyways at the current state the club is in?

We’re like that person that goes last second gift shopping. No vision and pure scattergun approach. It’s why we are where we are. I love United to fecking bits but it’s a waste of time supporting them knowing it’ll be for nothing most of the time and will lead to failure with the incompetent people running it. God bless Ole and his little soul. Working around such a discombobulated support system isn’t easy - just ask all our other previous managers.
Shut the feck up.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
How is this thread our biggest problem, though? This thread, and the like, aren't the reason we've been rubbish for 6 years now, and I say this as someone who isn't a fan of this thread or United being labelled a "has been club".
They’re not the reason we have been rubbish.

They’re the biggest problem we have at the moment. What I mean by that is, if you look logically and rationally, we are in a pretty decent place.

Excellent pre season.
Signing players who improve the first team.
Looking to the future
Playing an interesting style of football.

The meaning of that thread was... hey.. it’s a positive time to be a United fan. Compare it to last year when our manager was living in a hotel, at war with the owners and trying to sign Jerome Boetang and promising Ashley Young would play fifty games. We’d been battered all preseason and he fell out with our best player.

Classical Mechanic

No, I’m showing that United/Ed haven’t changed.

They’re playing 2 sides of the coin - going for these players and then saying they never wanted them anyways after they’ve been rejected by the player. That’s not how things work.
So you really think we're going after these players purely as a PR exercise?

Jinn

Can we have a forum for posters born before 1999?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
People are entitled to post what they want regardless of whether you agree or not. Everyone laughed at RAWK for policing threads.
There are plenty of negative threads for people to post their opinions in, not sure why people feel the need to start new ones

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
United has become a Europa league level club that is now struggling to attract top players. However the OP will be told to shut up and that they are spoilt for saying it.

United in the past 6/7 years have failed to qualify for the UCL four times and will likely fail again this season.

On the bright side United has a crop of exciting young players.

Woodward needs to be removed from footballing decisions ASAP otherwise we will miss the opportunity to capitalise on the great talent we have coming through. For example the renewal of Mata when we have Gomes emerging.

marktan

I agree with the sentiment of this thread. Too many people are happy because we're still a big name - but I would pay good money to bet that we won't win the league in the next 5 years - and would also consider the next 10 years unlikely too.

We're very realistically looking at a 15-20 year league drought, based on how the club's being run, and no one seems to care because the club's still profitable. The death of this club's success started when we began to care more about profit and asset value than actual on the field success.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Keep nodding your head, bud.

Hope you’re having the time of your life with this new United. Sooo much joy...
But there is! There really can be! New season so we can all be optimistic. If it goes wrong... we’re wrong. I’d rather be optimistic and support the club!

We have a manager who loves the club. Have spent the most and broke transfer records. Have young, local lads breaking through. It’s gonna be a good year!

Yagami

Good post resistant

They’re the biggest problem we have at the moment. What I mean by that is, if you look logically and rationally, we are in a pretty decent place.

Excellent pre season.
Looking to the future

The meaning of that thread was... hey.. it’s a positive time to be a United fan. Compare it to last year when our manager was living in a hotel, at war with the owners and trying to sign Jerome Boetang and promising Ashley Young would play fifty games. We’d been battered all preseason and he fell out with our best player.
Oh, fair enough! I agree with you there, mate.

Going off our preseason games and seeing the high intensity, high pressing football, coupled with youngsters like Tuanzebe, Gomes, Chong and Greenwood thrown in, I'm really looking forward to seeing how we do this season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Embarrassing is over used on this site.
But this thread starter is beyond embarrassing.

At least save it for after the first game!!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Thanks. And I’m being honest with my feelings here. I don’t get the offence some people are taking. If anything, I’m shook by how readily they’re willing to ignore it...have we honestly become this numb to the new United?
No one is numb or thinks everything is rosy, it's just that most don't feel we are building something great on monday and then change to "everything is shit' on wednesday. Everyone knows where we stand and raised concerns in many threads.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
Super rapid PTSD (post traumatic signing disorder)
When the most credible reporters in football have your team signing Dybala+Bruno vs the realty of none, that makes a world of a fecking difference.

That went from needing a RW+CDM next summer to still RW+CDM+CM+attacking mid. And do you honestly believe in our office to get the latter done?

...and unlike some, I’m willing to admit I was wrong. So don’t pretend like it doesn’t have any effect. It changes a ton. Went from looking like contenders to complete pretenders.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But there is! There really can be! New season so we can all be optimistic. If it goes wrong... we’re wrong. I’d rather be optimistic and support the club!

We have a manager who loves the club. Have spent the most and broke transfer records. Have young, local lads breaking through. It’s gonna be a good year!
I think there are positives. Im excited for the youngsters and new style of play

Make no mistake if we do not remove Woodward from his role we will continue to have problems

izzydiggler

2 top 4 finishes in 6 years and we can't attract top players without throwing loads of money at them. We finished 6th last year and haven't addressed many of the problems we've had for years for whatever reason and have no realistic chance of a title challenge.

People can claim it's negativity but take away history, status etc and the club at the minute is far, far from an elite one on the pitch.

We've simply been overtaken (and by a distance) and it would take a minor miracle to get back with the way we're run at the minute. I don't see how anyone could genuinely think otherwise.

I'll obviously still support the team, hope Ole does well and the youngsters we have fulfill the lofty expectations people have but we're a team fighting for a chance of the CL and a cup run, not an elite challenger.

marktan

Excellent pre season.
Looking to the future

It's only positive if you spin it that way. Just as easily could say

- Lost Herrera and Fellaini and signed no replacementz
- Likely to lose Lukaku and no replacements
- Signed no one to improve our already underwhelming attack Vs our top 4/6 rivals
- We had great pre seasons under van Gaal
- Oles football was good 50% of the time last season and the rest not, what turns up this month is anyone's guess

I would say the only major positive this summer is that we've improved the defence. Everything else.. not so much.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
When the most credible reporters in football have your team signing Dybala+Bruno vs the realty of none, that makes a world of a fecking difference.

That went from needing a RW+CDM next summer to still RW+CDM+CM+attacking mid. And do you honestly believe in our office to get the latter done?

...and unlike some, I’m willing to admit I was wrong. So don’t pretend like it doesn’t have any effect. It changes a ton. Went from looking like contenders to complete pretenders.
“Most credible reporters in football”. I see. Well here is your problem. You fell for the nonsense of the “tier” system and believing the posts of these knobheads.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
United has become a Europa league level club that is now struggling to attract top players. However the OP will be told to shut up and that they are spoilt for saying it.

United in the past 6/7 years have failed to qualify for the UCL four times and will likely fail again this season.

On the bright side United has a crop of exciting young players.

Woodward needs to be removed from footballing decisions ASAP otherwise we will miss the opportunity to capitalise on the great talent we have coming through. For example the renewal of Mata when we have Gomes emerging.

Shut up

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
“A goal without a plan is just a wish”

^United in a nutshell.

But go on, pretend that everything is fine. Can’t believe people that are content with the way the club is run...
Were you one of the 17 people who turned up for the protest?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It's only positive if you soon it that way. Just as easily could say

- Lost Herrera and Fellaini and signed no replacementz
- Likely to lose Lukaku and no replacements
- Signed no one to improve our already underwhelming attack Vs our top 4/6 rivals
- We had great pre seasons under van Gaal
- Oles football was good 50% of the time last season and the rest not, what turns up this month is anyone's guess
Well yours is based on speculation and what ifs. Who cares.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

It changes many things only if you were impatient and childish. Is it too much to wait for the transfer window to close and then make a much better assessment. I'm not saying you're not entitled to feel disappointed, you can feel whatever you want. The timing of this thread after your other thread, just a few days ago, makes no sense to me. You're all over the place.
Credible reporters can do one, they're not immune from posting b.s or being plain wrong. You don't have to blindly believe them :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.