Let’s sign Gareth Bale

Stubble

Like others have said our preoccupation with 'Galactico' type signings shouldn't dominate or even sidetrack our transfer policy. If a player has 100% indicated they want to come thats fine and dandy but wasting time on the Bales and Greizmanns of this world who flip and flop using us as a fall back if they dont get what they want elsewhere is just plain stupid. Players are just using us to improve their wages or contracts elsewhere.It happens every season and we just don't seem to learn. In the meantime we are no doubt missing out on perfectly adequate more attainable targets being snapped up by rivals.

WelshManc

He preferred being a bench player at Madrid over asking for a transfer so that should tell us all we need to know about how much he wants a move. Ultimately if he doesn't want to come here then we should look elsewhere.
The last part is obvious, of course we're gonna look elsewhere, or at least should, can't deal with Mata out there again.

Stubble

I think Ed is a lot like Trump - i.e. A businessman first and foremost. Therefore the prospect of pulling off a 'big deal' each window will always be top of the list whether it is in our best interests or not..

Colombian Mancunian

Like others have said our preoccupation with 'Galactico' type signings shouldn't dominate or even sidetrack our transfer policy. If a player has 100% indicated they want to come thats fine and dandy but wasting time on the Bales and Greizmanns of this world who flip and flop using us as a fall back if they dont get what they want elsewhere is just plain stupid. Players are just using us to improve their wages or contracts elsewhere.It happens every season and we just don't seem to learn. In the meantime we are no doubt missing out on perfectly adequate more attainable targets being snapped up by rivals.
Griezmann would be a United player if Atletico didn’t had the transfer ban. Now the ship has sailed, we bought Sanchez (similar player, actually more suited for a winger role), while Griezmann won EL with Atletico, which was enough to convince him to stay and try to win more silverware with them.

Stubble

Quote : Griezmann would be a United player if Atletico didn’t had the transfer ban. Now the ship has sailed, we bought Sanchez (similar player, actually more suited for a winger role), while Griezmann won EL with Atletico, which was enough to convince him to stay and try to win more silverware with them.

Didn't he say he didn't like the weather ... i'm not sure he was ever committed to coming here... the transfer ban was just a convenient excuse.

Johannes Martinus

I think Ed is a lot like Trump - i.e. A businessman first and foremost. Therefore the prospect of pulling off a 'big deal' each window will always be top of the list whether it is in our best interests or not..
This maybe true but thats silly in reference to Bale. If he's healthy for %75 of the campaign he almost automatically ensures we will compete for both the premiership and cl.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I heard from a friend of a friend of Bale's (Wales is a small place) that he’s keen on a move, and that United have lodged a bid, but it all depends on whether the new manager sees Bale as integral to them now, or just another player. Take it with a pinch of salt, I did - it was at a BBQ :) - or ignore it altogether, but there it is.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I heard from a friend of a friend of Bale's (Wales is a small place) that he’s keen on a move, and that United have lodged a bid, but it all depends on whether the new manager sees Bale as integral to them now, or just another player. Take it with a pinch of salt, I did - it was at a BBQ :) - or ignore it altogether, but there it is.
It's on!!!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It was reported last week that he'd met with Lopetegui and he'd been given reassurances over his starting position. I'd be surprised if we signed Bale, no transfer as big as Bale could go under the radar.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
This seems legit.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Is your friend the kohler guy in disguise?

Sparky Rhiwabon

It was reported last week that he'd met with Lopetegui and he'd been given reassurances over his starting position. I'd be surprised if we signed Bale, no transfer as big as Bale could go under the radar.
I think you’re right sadly. We’ve got unlucky with Zidane going here, like we did with Griezmann and the transfer ban - just can’t catch a break with these big marquee signings!

AltiUn

I think you’re right sadly. We’ve got unlucky with Zidane going here, like we did with Griezmann and the transfer ban - just can’t catch a break with these big marquee signings!
Yeah we have been a bit unlucky really, Bale is the really big miss for me though, he'd be such an immense signing and I just couldn't think of a better fit for a Mourinho right winger.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I’ve no idea what you’re on about. :confused: The friend of Bale's is a CEO of a Sports company.
It's a supposed ITK from reddit who announced our partnership with Kohler before the official channels (or were there two of them?)

AltiUn

It's a supposed ITK from reddit who announced our partnership with Kohler before the official channels (or were there two of them?)
There were two of them and so far the only thing they've got right is the Kohler thing. I think everyone was so desperate for transfer news people just sorta accepted them.

RoyH1

Can’t wait for Bale to retire so the muppetry can finally stop.
You’re forgetting the possibility of a Sun exclusive story around let’s say 2023/
“Gareth Bale to come of retirement to play for United shocker”

Nick.

He's called his wedding off, apparently.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gareth-bale-calls-wedding-amid-12960475

Time to come home son.
I don't think that has anything to do with us and from the article it sounds like it was his fiance who postponed it not Bale. It's funny how they phrase it as having been called off when the article indicates it has been postponed to 2019, which are two different things.

I have a feeling if we got Bale it could be at the expense of a left-back or centre-back based on the financial investment of this player. Not to mention there is not much time left in the window.

Fridge chutney

We've found Redcafe's new ITK!

All hail king Sparky.

So if I'm interpreting your posts correctly, Bale is definitely joining us, correct?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Right I’ll probably get called a liar and I am not itk either.

However I spoke to someone I work with, he has huge connections and he met Bale last week, and confirmed that he is talking with United.

But his preference is to stay in Madrid.

The source is a genuine person with huge connections who used to work in football. So he is not a nobody.

IrishRedDevil

However I spoke to someone I work with, he has huge connections and he met Bale last week, and confirmed that he is talking with United.

The source is a genuine person with huge connections who used to work in football. So he is not a nobody.
The whole world knows that Bale wants to stay at Real Madrid and after Ronaldo leaving, Bale is going nowhere.

We (club officials) need to stop fecking wasting time chasing dreams.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
How come 2 people on the caf know more about Bale than the press :lol:
Quite funny isn’t it. To be fair I think it’s kinda what’s been reported, it makes sense to hedge your bets from Bales point of view.

Ideally he would stay but he is however in talks with United if Madrid want to sell. So ball is firmly in Madrid’s court.

Last edited:

stepic

nothing new here. Bale wanting to stay in Madrid is clear, everyone knows this. however he wants to play, hence the post CL interview speech. it stands to reason that if is to leave Madrid, there are a very small number of teams he could go to, so of course he would be having his people talk to those relevant teams.

Madrid aren't going to let him and Ronaldo go in one summer though. i'm guessing they will just tell him what he wants to hear.

Member 101269

On my travels to the Indian Ocean this is what a writer for the local United Mag told me.

He was advised to prepare an article for the transfer of Bale which was 90% done. It concerned me that he was preparing the article rather than an article translated from English to the local langauge for United. I'm not sure what the relationship is between the local Mag and United.

This isn't me winding everyone up, i'm not saying a deal is 90% done, it's just hearsay (which could be local bravado) and should be read as that.

On a personal note, it's gone quiet after the alleged "meeting".

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliche Guevara

Too many people are basing their scepticism on the assumption that Real won’t seek Bale having already sold Ronaldo. There is absolutely no basis for this assumption.