Let’s sign Gareth Bale

WPMUFC

I'd take Zidane's words with a pinch of salt. Bale and his agent have reiterated several times that he doesn't want to leave and his agent has also ruled out a loan move. There are only a handful of clubs who can afford Bale, I'd be surprised if a transfer was this close without the press getting wind of it.
seems like the press have missed this one, because "negotiating his departure" sounds pretty clear that there is a second club involved.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I would take him. Can't watch us playing without proper rw anymore. But i would not pay much for him, of course.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This post shows why using purely just stats is stupid. Is he for a second implying that Bale has been a better player for Madrid or is a better player? Ffs
I have no idea what he's implying, but for me it shows how poorly Bale has been treated at Real considering what he's done there.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
If we are serious about Sancho next year, some sort of loan deal wouldn't be something I'd be against.
I just really can't see Real being able to command a fee for him, especially with his wages, but even if they let him go on a free, I just can't see anybody matching his wages either.
I'd pay half his wages for a season. Perfection stop gap for us I'd say.

If it doesn't work out, we'd not lose much

Castia

A loan deal would be great.

He’s still a top player, it’s just the injuries that have fecked him up.

Eddy_JukeZ

Loan deal with Real paying part of his wages is something I'd be okay with.

Anything permanent off the bat would be a mistake.

Ace of Spades

I know:lol::lol:. But in my defence, i said loan. He is exactly what we need. Top right winger. But of course that he would be huge huge risk. Fee, salary, injuries.....i am aware of all that
I would not take him on loan either. We need players who are committed, not a player who is here because he was kicked out of his current club and does not want to move elsewhere because he does not want to take a pay cut on his current contract.

We already have Sanchez who is in a similar situation, rather not add to that when we can't get rid of him as well.

Patrick08

Loan deal with Real paying part of his wages is something I'd be okay with.

Anything permanent off the bat would be a mistake.
Real want to get rid. Not loan a player who will create problems for them next summer too because we won't buy him.

jackal&hyde

No way! He rejected us in the past and is doing everything he can to stay at real. A big ego, big wage player that doesn't want to be here to begin with is the last thing we should go after.

Just wait a year and go after Sancho. Untill then, give Greedwood, Chong and James plenty of game time.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Bale coming here would mean Pogba going there imo. I don't think he's coming here

United Pro

I read that Marca are saying that Spurs have agreed a deal where they pay Madrid €50-60m and paying half of his €17m salary, with Madrid paying Bale €25m.

Irrational.

Have we learnt nothing from Falcao, Di Maria, Schweinsteiger and Sanchez? Players that have won it all (4 CLs in Bale's case) don't tend to do so well with us.

Eric's Seagull

Based on playing ability would like him but due to age, wages and injury record, would put me off signing him unless it would be year loan, on pay as you play basis, with him taking a masssive paycut.

Chairman Steve

I’m still in the “Feck no” camp. Bales more than entitled to claim his money from Real but at the cost of looking like a blatant merc in my eyes, and therefore not worth signing at all.

As I’ve said before, we should go after people who want to play us and not people who want to get paid by us.

knot_buzz

Would rather give Chong some time on the right.

Bale comes with to many what if's.

JMack1234

What a total waste of talent if he goes to China.

A loan deal would be perfect for us but if that's not going to happen I'd like to see him stay in Europa and have an Indian summer.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can't see why Bale would want to leave if he's on 600k a week.
He's won it all at Madrid, might as well relax, train as neccesary, then sunbathe and collect his money.

Andersons Dietician

He's won it all at Madrid, might as well relax, train as neccesary, then sunbathe and collect his money.
Personally I’d rather play football. He probably has enough money as it is and even at a 3rd of that he’d still be making plenty of bank.
If anything the only reason I could see he’d stay is because his family are settled or he is just doing it to spite Zidane for being a grade A Cnut.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon he is off to Bayern. They don't seem so hot on the Sane or CHO pursuits now. And needing a winger i think Bale is more attainable.

So my money is on Bayern

Boznich

A swap deal for Sanchez would be good for us otherwise I'd leave well alone

Moriarty

Then get skin cancer at 40. Come to Manchester Gareth. No chance of that happening here.

Basso

Clearly working on a front trio with Sanchez, Bale and Ozil. Now that would be something:)

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Personally I’d rather play football. He probably has enough money as it is and even at a 3rd of that he’d still be making plenty of bank.
If anything the only reason I could see he’d stay is because his family are settled or he is just doing it to spite Zidane for being a grade A Cnut.
He would make good money anywhere but not as good.
The thing is, if it's just Zidane who wants rid of him, he could always stay and wait.
Most managers don't last very long anyway, chances are if he keeps fit the next manager will want him.

Fıstıkçı Şahap

As much as I'd want us to sign a RW, I hope we stay well clear of Bale. I wouldn't take him even on loan as he'll spend most of his time on the treatment table and his salary would be huge which would increase the unrest in the dressing room even further. He's Real's problem now and let it stay that way. Don't help Madrid getting their finished players rid.

He also rejected us in the past which can not be a good sign for us. He'll be another Di Maria. Let's only sign players who wants to play here and not washed up ones please.

Redpimp

Swapping him for Sanchez is the only option Ed would ever contemplate with Real.

SaintMuppet

Turned us down in the past.

Don’t see why we should become his new 19th hole. Not sure his heart would be in it anyway.

Sorry but no