Let’s sign Gareth Bale

Reincarnated

Let's not waste money and time with this guy. We need to be looking for players who can play a major part for the next 5 years....not just 1.

UncleBob

A lot of posters here are jumping the gun with regards to Bale here, my guess is that Real are letting Bale go for free to China, whereas if a European top club were in for him then they wouldn't get that luxury (tabloids reckon they still wanted €60-80m for him).

This is basically Real Madrid forcing a player out, but not wanting him to go anywhere where he could come back to bite them on the arse.

Also the fact he's getting 1m a week is basically Bale's signing on bonus included into the salary.
Nah

It's not all that difficult. Bale is at a stage where football isn't all that important. He makes an obscene amount of money, he's won the biggest trophies, his family is happy in Spain and he's content with life (and why shouldn't he be). He doesn't have the motivation needed to go to another big club in Europe and prove himself. He can sod off to China, even higher wages for a few more years while he maintains a decent level and then he can retire.

Not sure why people view Bale differently from other players, most would do the same without hesitation.

And Real Madrid are obviously more than happy to help him out the door to a country and a club that is irrelevant.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Nah

It's not all that difficult. Bale is at a stage where football isn't all that important. He makes an obscene amount of money, he's won the biggest trophies, his family is happy in Spain and he's content with life (and why shouldn't he be). He doesn't have the motivation needed to go to another big club in Europe and prove himself. He can sod off to China, even higher wages for a few more years while he maintains a decent level and then he can retire.

Not sure why people view Bale differently from other players, most would do the same without hesitation.

And Real Madrid are obviously more than happy to help him out the door to a country and a club that is irrelevant.
I've said before that Bale has lost his motivation, with that I agree with you 100% but those criticising him for moving to China are the same ones criticising him for wanting to stay in Madrid (no doubt his preference).

Fact is Real want him out, and want him to go to China, do you think Real would let Bale go to Man Utd or Bayern for free?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No other European clubs can afford his wages.

If Real let him walk on a free then I suspect he might do a year or 2 in China and then come back to Europe to finish off his career.

Perhaps by then he might drop his wage demands to a reasonable amount.

knot_buzz

I never wanted him here our injury record is already sketchy at best, but no one can question his "desire" he has proved himself on the big stage.

Maybe he is thinking for his future now.

Enigma_87

You know who
Fact is Real want him out, and want him to go to China, do you think Real would let Bale go to Man Utd or Bayern for free?
It’s more in Bale’s hands than Real’s. He can straight up reject moving to China or MLS or that type of clubs. Then Real have the option to keep him for 3 years and pay astronomical wages or let him on the cheap. Even on free if he’s to play golf for 3 years they still won’t pay him tens of millions each year.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah he's leaving for China, not because he is washed up, or lacking competitiveness or drive or anything like that, and definitely not for money, it's all Madrid's fault.

ravi2

I never wanted him here our injury record is already sketchy at best, but no one can question his "desire" he has proved himself on the big stage.

He used to have desire, I think those days are gone if he is off to China at 30 years old

RedDevil@84

He is retiring himself. So much for his desire and passion and nonsense.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It’s more in Bale’s hands than Real’s. He can straight up reject moving to China or MLS or that type of clubs. Then Real have the option to keep him for 3 years and pay astronomical wages or let him on the cheap. Even on free if he’s to play golf for 3 years they still won’t pay him tens of millions each year.
But even then theres sections of people criticising him when it was suggested he was going to stay and pick up a pay cheque at Real for playing golf!

If it were me, I'd stay at Real, live in a beautiful city where my family love it and where I was comfortable, and ignore everyone and everything else, rightly or wrongly that's what I'd do, and I can imagine that's what 90% of people would do.

It seems that Real are using the media to make his position in Madrid untenable though, which is a little low.

I'd imagine if Bale had a choice of playing in China or Europe it would be Europe every single time, I'm only pointing out that people are bashing him without knowing all the facts? It was reported that Real wanted a stupid fee for him earlier in the summer, now theres no mention of a fee, just seems to me that Bale's options are stay in Madrid only to be hounded by the fans thanks to the public shaming of him, or move to China as Real wont let him leave for free to a European side (who I'm sure, would pay Bale £500k a week if there wasn't a transfer fee involved).

fps

To be honest, looking at Madrid, I feel like he remains a potentially devastating bench option. It's not like they're tearing it up in pre-season. It is very sad to see him go to China. But it speaks to some level of motivation which has simply broken in him.

GoldanoGraham

I can’t understand why he is so greedy - it’s not like if he dropped his wages down to £200k a week he is going to be on the breadline - fair enough he is taking a significant drop in salary but he seems to have given up any desire then to achieve by rejecting the opportunity to stay in Europe and maybe prove a point to Madrid?

The fact he is going to China tells everyone now that he’s just doing a Tevez - quite sad....

Red Royal

I can’t understand why he is so greedy - it’s not like if he dropped his wages down to £200k a week he is going to be on the breadline - fair enough he is taking a significant drop in salary but he seems to have given up any desire then to achieve by rejecting the opportunity to stay in Europe and maybe prove a point to Madrid?

The fact he is going to China tells everyone now that he’s just doing a Tevez - quite sad....
FIVE times that in China. Cant blame him really and most of us would do the same in our field of work if the offer came up to earn 5 times our salary by going to China. Good luck to him. Hope Real regret it!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Maybe he thinks he has already achieved everything he could at club level (well thanks to Ronaldo), individually there's no way he could get Ballon D'or or finished top scorer anyway, and at 30, maybe he think its time to focus on earning more for another 5 years or so.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Why would he care about proving anything to Madrid (or anyone else for that matter?). He's in his 30s with a wife and 3 kids, hopefully he is above bothering about the opinion of fairweather Madrid fans.

As far as proving something to himself, he's had a better career than 99.999% of players ever. Football is a job at the end of the day, he'd be the biggest moron in the sport if he threw away £400K a week to play for some shit european side.

Mainoldo

Why would he care about proving anything to Madrid (or anyone else for that matter?). He's in his 30s with a wife and 3 kids, hopefully he is above bothering about the opinion of fairweather Madrid fans.

As far as proving something to himself, he's had a better career than 99.999% of players ever. Football is a job at the end of the day, he'd be the biggest moron in the sport if he threw away £400K a week to play for some shit european side.
All well and good. But he’s just gone to play in a conference league just so he can buy his own jet. I’m not sure that was his career goals at 30 regardless what he’s achieved so far. He’s far from finished, he’s just a greedy sh!t.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

I think you might have convinced me in the end. There really isn't much else for him to do is there?

Bwuk

People here are kidding themselves if they think they wouldn’t do what Bale is doing.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
People here are kidding themselves if they think they wouldn’t do what Bale is doing.
Are we? You have to factor in Bale is already earning a fortune, money that he could never probabaly spend, moving for even more money he cant spend to a shite league... what for? Id say his passion for the gae is gone. Look at Ronaldo, could have easily got a move to China but chose to stay at a top Europeon league.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I know from moving to Japan that living in a completely different culture is exciting. He gets paid shit loads to do it as well.

duffer

Scout
All well and good. But he’s just gone to play in a conference league just so he can buy his own jet. I’m not sure that was his career goals at 30 regardless what he’s achieved so far. He’s far from finished, he’s just a greedy sh!t.
Let's say he was willing to take a £20 million hit to move to a club in Europe. Which sides that could give him more trophies would be interested? I honestly don't think many. Maybe Bayern?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Let's say he was willing to take a £20 million hit to move to a club in Europe. Which sides that could give him more trophies would be interested? I honestly don't think many. Maybe Bayern?
Considering the standards, of football in China I cant buy it, the facilities, the pitches, the coaching the officials is all pretty terrible, a recent report highlighted all this but I cant find it now.

duffer

Scout
Are we? You have to factor in Bale is already earning a fortune, money that he could never probabaly spend, moving for even more money he cant spend to a shite league... what for? Id say his passion for the gae is gone. Look at Ronaldo, could have easily got a move to China but chose to stay at a top Europeon league.
Would he have taken a 60odd percent pay cut to move to Juventus? That's what people seem to want Bale to do.

SATA

That surely is an old video. He literally just played a friendly with Real two days and the deal was concluded so quickly?

SATA

Would he have taken a 60odd percent pay cut to move to Juventus? That's what people seem to want Bale to do.
Unless he wants a Serie A medal which is ridiculous by the sound if it. He’s already won the CL four times. Better off heading to China to enjoy his semi retirement and playing golf

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I dont want him to do anything, its his own life, I can just give my opinion. The sad thing is, in a few years, he will be an afterthought to many football fans IMO.

R'hllor

I wont judge, if he thinks that he needs more money for rainy days go for it, if money makes him really happy go for it, i like that he wont forgive Real contract they gave him if he stays, feck them.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Do you think Ronaldo would be taken a £400k a week pay cut to move to Juventus?
I dont see what it has to do with anything but no i dont, he isn't and never has been anywhere close to Ronadlo's level. It probably backs up my view that money has ruined him and he can't see past the doller, again i dont hate him for it, if anything I find it quite sad for me personally.