Let’s sign Gareth Bale

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ok, I've had my doubts, but that performance against Liverpool was basically the ultimate United audition.

Issued a 'come get me' plea in his post match interview.

Give him what he wants and lets bring this fine lad home to the PL.

What say you lot?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Ok, I've had my doubts, but that performance against Liverpool was basically the ultimate United audition.

What say you lot?
Should we start a go fund me for his 150m fee ?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I was previously against this but you know what? I’m all in let’s do it.

ROFLUTION

Just rose about 60m in one game probably. He'll stay there until he's old as feck.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Get a couple of wingbacks and a central midfielder of sorts at the very least first.
And even then I'd look at other options first.

Last edited:

redom

Straight swap for Mata? Madrid have been trying to sign a Spaniard from us for ages so I'm sure they'll be game, set it up Ed.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

What say you lot?
What did he say? Missed the game :) I think we know the only way we're getting Bale. Ok saw the quotes...That's not automatically a come and get me though.

witchtrials

Does it only count as knee jerk when you're calling for someone to be sold/sacked?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is perfect fit for us, being injured all the time and all that.

Zoo

Yeah he’s a superstar who can paper over cracks for any team. Surely he wants to be the main man and win the PL which was his bread and butter. Come on Gareth.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It’s all right coming on and scoring two goals after another injury plague season, but most teams couldn’t expect to carry him and use him as a super sub. Don’t think United should go for him for this reason.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
wasn't it pretty much universally agreed about a moth ago he was on the decline and had been for about 18 month... would seem like a bit of gamble to fork out probably near 100mil becuase he ended the season well.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

What say you lot?
Sums up my feelings perfectly.

United Pro

There isn't a better RW available than a fit Gareth Bale. The problem is his that he's fit only half a season, plus his very high wages. For the right price though, I'd happily take him (say under £60m).

RedNed77

Not quite, did you not hear his post match interview?
Yeah, he’ll get a new contract and a promise of more football. His stock couldn’t be higher, good time to stake out a claim. There has to be some peril of him actually leaving to get what he wants

Uniquim

Apparently from his post-match interview, they didn't show it on the channel I'm watching. Could be his way to get more playing time. Ronaldo's interview also seemed a bit conclusive in terms of Madrid. I don't think both of them will leave.

el3mel

He'll be our best player immediately quality wise. He's better than Sanchez himself.

Get him in. Injuries or not, don't care.

Nickosaur

Might be the beers but he is glorious and we should welcome him with open arms

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Was against the idea of Bale joining us but seeing our wing play over the last few months he is exactly what we need.....Star Quality.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Should we start a go fund me for his 150m fee ?
Thing is they don't play him. Listening to his post match interview, he seriously wants out.

I reckon we'd be looking at about 80m - yes, it's a lot, but we've got it and we must be one of the few teams that could handle his wages.

I also think he'd suit José's football, which is a big deal given how most big name players are more suited to the press/possession footy of the day.

I'm all in, lets get him signed.

FujiVice

He'll re-sign with them. But he's better than anyone in our side. Absolute bona fide leader.

witchtrials

Apparently from his post-match interview, they didn't show it on the channel I'm watching. Could be his way to get more playing time. Ronaldo's interview also seemed a bit conclusive in terms of Madrid. I don't think both of them will leave.
So odd to win a third CL in a row and within minutes Bale and Ronaldo announcing that they're looking to leave. Allegedly.

El-Manos

Would still say no to him due to his feckin injuries but he is undoubtedly world class . However there is no point paying 100+m on a player who will only play 3-4 months a season.

Uniquim

So odd to win a third CL in a row and within minutes Bale and Ronaldo announcing that they're looking to leave. Allegedly.
My feeling is that one of them moves, the other stays. I think Bale wants to play more for Madrid, and Ronaldo is considering the move, to avoid a Casillas ending. If Ronaldo moves, Bale will have more playing time. Pure speculation on my end though. But it feels like Bale is frustrated with playing time, and Zidane must feel the pressure to give one of them a guarantee for next year

Apparently Ronaldo's quote translated was: "It has been very beautiful playing for Real Madrid. I'll talk in a couple days"

DeGea

You lot know Real will ask for De Gea in exchange don’t you?

Will never sell David for any price.