Let's all laugh at City

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'm not unhappy that City are out but I will be much happier if Real beat the scousers in the final.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Hope they don't go into depression mode from this and bugger up the season tbh.

The Irish Connection

Haahaha.
Those lads on BT are the pits. Kept going on about how Madrid had no shots on target when they had two absolute sitter plus plenty of dangerous moments.
Time to put the house on Liverpool to win the final now.

redmanx

I'm not unhappy that City are out but I will be much happier if Real beat the scousers in the final.
Me too; my biggest fear was that one of them would equal, or eclipse, our treble; now only Liverpool can, unless City win the Prem or Real beat them in the CL final.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

This is legendary!!
:lol: :lol:

The term tends to be overused but this is a proper bottle job. And to think they were the favorites for both legs. Incredible achievement by City and Pep.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I said on the matchthread but the burden of getting that first one is massive. It crippled us at crucial moments (although never as spectacularly as this) until we finally managed it.

Going back to last years final in the tunnel our boys were relaxed and confident while the City players looked like they were sitting themselves, even though our players (bar Kova) haven't won it themselves at that point the fact the club has takes considerable pressure off.

amolbhatia50k

I said on the matchthread but the burden of getting that first one is massive. It crippled us at crucial moments (although never as spectacularly as this) until we finally managed it.

Going back to last years final in the tunnel our boys were relaxed and confident while the City players looked like they were sitting themselves, even though our players (bar Kova) haven't won it themselves at that point the fact the club has takes considerable pressure off.
Yeah I think the atmosphere and confidence levels at a club really makes a difference among the team and individual players. Having said that even despite some nerves you'd think a team managed by Pep who has won it twice would have squirmed past the line.

amolbhatia50k

Just hope this motivates City to put in extra effort to win the Premier League ahead of the scousers
My worry is that it can break them. It'll be a devastating blow for the group and how they react vs Newcastle will probably tell us how they're dealing with it.

Liverpool are playing for the possibility of greatness. City although I consider the league a wonderful achievement, considering they've the Pl a lot of late and what Liverpool are playing for, in their heads they'll be playing for the possibility of not blowing the season completely. I just feel the former gives you that extra energy and confidence rather than the latter.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Entering the Champions League 11 times, spending absolute fortunes on transfer fees and wages with a nation's wealth behind them, and mustering up a record of 1 final + 2 more semi-final appearances in those 11 seasons, is a pretty poor record overall.

Also them continually blowing 2 goal aggregate leads throughout this tie was pretty hilarious.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
:lol:

There's really basically never a scenario where I would root for Real Madrid, but turns out yesterday was one. I'll even take another bizarrely lucky and referee-helped Real Madrid CL win over Pep winning it with City.

At least, City fans got what they want, if I can deduce that from how they moronically boo the CL anthem. :lol:
They should be happy, no?

Pughnichi

was the ref even that bad? He certainly blew early and there could have been longer than 3 minutes, but generally thought he managed the game well. Casemeiro aside there can’t be too many issues. It’s mad how they are convinced of a conspiracy against them.

A-man

This is a bit rich City fans complaining about Casemeiro when Fernandinho has literally made a career out of fouling without being carded.
It’s also a little low intelligent comment to say Casemiro should have left the pitch as he deserved 3 yellows. Casemiro didn’t even get 1 yellow card and of course he continued to play tough. If he had got one card, he had slowed down. That’s how it works.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
was the ref even that bad? He certainly blew early and there could have been longer than 3 minutes, but generally thought he managed the game well. Casemeiro aside there can’t be too many issues. It’s mad how they are convinced of a conspiracy against them.
Nah he wasn't. But Casemiro evading the most blatant yellow card offenses time and time again is just absolutely mind-boggling and something I will never get over, since it has happened many times before, also in games I was more emotionally involved in.

What I probably loved the most was the constant BT commentator wank fest over City and how they were always judging every challenge in City's favour.. Sterling mows down a Real player and gets a yellow.. McManaman cries "It's a fine tackle!! It's fine!!" :lol: :lol:
All game going on about how the cosmic order determines that City and Liverpool should play the final, and then it blew up all in their faces :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Nah he wasn't. But Casemiro evading the most blatant yellow card offenses time and time again is just absolutely mind-boggling and something I will never get over, since it has happened many times before, also in games I was more emotionally involved in.
:D :D :D :D

Btw, for the "blew early" crowd - tv clock is the tv's clock, not the ref's

Me too; my biggest fear was that one of them would equal, or eclipse, our treble; now only Liverpool can, unless City win the Prem or Real beat them in the CL final.
If Chelsea bet them in the cup its not a proper treble either.
I look forward to City winning the league
Chelsea FA cup
Real Champions league
And lots and lots of salty scouse tears !!!

Bepi

Supports
Juventus

What I probably loved the most was the constant BT commentator wank fest over City and how they were always judging every challenge in City's favour.. Sterling mows down a Real player and gets a yellow.. McManaman cries "It's a fine tackle!! It's fine!!" :lol: :lol:
All game going on about how the cosmic order determines that City and Liverpool should play the final, and then it blew up all in their faces :lol:
It makes people wonder if BT is just another fake, oil money funded media acting as with a sportwashing agenda? Mind, I am pretty confident McM is just another bloke really thinking that it is the PL reputation at stake or, worse the English reputation, you know that, all the malevolent bsh*t that is promoting division in this part of the world.

On the contrary, it simply shows that the sovereign entities zombification of random clubs cannot buy history and heritage, aka the intangibles making games like yesterday in Madrid the norm instead of an exception.

kthanksbye

If I were a City fan, I wouldn't be bothered about winning KO competitions, they're not a that important for me, although it's great to win it but I don't consider it a factor when judging a squad or the manager or his tactics. Porto and Liverpool won it with squads that had no right to. Our squad with Ronaldo won just one and lost 2 finals and against Bayern. As long as City are dominating the league, I'll be happy, the CL will come eventually.

Chief123

It’s also a little low intelligent comment to say Casemiro should have left the pitch as he deserved 3 yellows. Casemiro didn’t even get 1 yellow card and of course he continued to play tough. If he had got one card, he had slowed down. That’s how it works.
Yeah I find it hilarious when fans complain a player should have had 3 yellow cards or even 2 for that matter. Obviously players will hold back when they know they are on 1 yellow. If they aren’t, they’ll keep going in rough till they get booked. Just ask Fernandinho.