Let's all laugh at City

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He has failed at Man City so far. There's no way that 'Win the Champions League' wasn't the main target he was given when he got there.

With the resources he's had its really at a stage now where one Champions League wouldn't be very great. He's still on none.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Laugh now, cry when Pool slaghter Madrid 4-0 in the Final and win the quadruple.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah he wasn't.
Did Walker deserve a red card for fouling Vinicius when he was the last man? When I saw it live I thought it should be the case, but I didn't watch any replay so I am not 100% sure about it. Same applies to the Laporte incident. I barely saw any replays.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How can we sit here and laugh….I should be but then I’d cry

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
How can we sit here and laugh….I should be but then I’d cry
Abu Dhabi (and Qatar) failing to buy the CL every year would still be funny if I was a Carlisle United fan.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Two clocks started at the same time don’t fall ten seconds out of sync :lol:
Or maybe they do :D

I mean, we don't really know and what's more likely, that the ref's clock started a few seconds earlier than the tv's or that he decided to blow earlier/couldn't read the clock?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Did Walker deserve a red card for fouling Vinicius when he was the last man? When I saw it live I thought it should be the case, but I didn't watch any replay so I am not 100% sure about it. Same applies to the Laporte incident. I barely saw any replays.
Nah, it was fine. Whatever criticism of the ref for the use of cards, he was very consistent throughout the game. Several City players also escaped clear yellows in the first half too

A-man

Yeah I find it hilarious when fans complain a player should have had 3 yellow cards or even 2 for that matter. Obviously players will hold back when they know they are on 1 yellow. If they aren’t, they’ll keep going in rough till they get booked. Just ask Fernandinho.
Exactly. Personally I think he deserved a yellow at two occasions, but that doesn’t equal two yellow cards. In general I think the ref allowed too many tactical fouls to stop counters, and that was the same for both teams.

Offsideagain

I think it was the drugs cheat Guardiola that said after the Wolves game or was it the Everton game that ‘If the Ref says it’s penalty, it’s a penalty’. On both occasions, City benefitted and May win the PL thanks to the four points they stole in those games. Last night, the smug gits thought they would just cruise through as if they were playing Norwich but Madrid stood up to them and like all bullies, City weren’t up for it. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Three down one to go. I wonder if Vincent Kompany and his 2017 ‘ We will dominate for another ten years’ quote are looking a bit sad today?? Where’s Patrice Evra????

Bestietom

We can't laugh at City. This was Pep's fault, as he made the wrong decision in making those substitutions too early, or maybe should not have made them at all. Walker change should have been the only one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Laugh now, cry when Pool slaghter Madrid 4-0 in the Final and win the quadruple.
Yep.
It's like laughing at someone falling over when you're running blindfolded towards a wall.

The bigger pain is still to come :D

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was beautifully ironic how a Brazilian CDM made 2 stone wall yellow card fouls stopping a counter attack, but managed to deceive his way out of them :lol:

You'd think City would think that was completely normal no?

M15 Red.

For the last 2 hours everytime SSN have mentioned City's collapse, a drinks been ordered.

I'm fecking steamboats.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I think the atmosphere and confidence levels at a club really makes a difference among the team and individual players. Having said that even despite some nerves you'd think a team managed by Pep who has won it twice would have squirmed past the line.
Possibly but at the same time we had Mou, Ancelotti and Hiddink and kept failing at it.

I think if/when City get number 1, the second will follow pretty quickly.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The Walker Vinicius thing wasn't actually a foul in my opinion, would have been very harsh. Laporte is the penalty? That was a stonewall pen. I think those decisions were all correct though I didn't watch everything too closely.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Walker Vinicius thing wasn't actually a foul in my opinion, would have been very harsh. Laporte is the penalty? That was a stonewall pen. I think those decisions were all correct though I didn't watch everything too closely.
Laporte was a handball I think, with the score 3-1. It wasn't given. Dias was the one who fouled Benzema for the pen that was given.

FriedClams

Football is all about supporting your own team through thick and thin, and laughing at your rivals misfortunes. It’s amazing what happened to them.

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

One thing with Guardiola is his transfers. I think its fair to say that one if his obstacles in larger games is his lack of stars/carachters. That´s what won Real Madrid the game - Benzema, Modric, Vinicius... The kind of players that grows with the pressure att the biggest stage. Liverpool has them too - Salah, Van Dijk, Mané etc.

The main carachters of City was there already before Guardiola arrived - Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva, Fernandino, Kompany and to some extent Touré. We all now he likes diciplined players that forms into his system and has had problems with Ibrahimovic, Etoo, Touré and so on. Some for good reasons, some he could not handle.

Few of the replacements have made the difference though and he was in Barcelona dependent on Iniesta, Xavi and Messi - players that was already there. At Bayern you have Lewandowski, but was still depending on Ribery and Robben.

Haaland is somewhat another type of signing for next season, but he is still also kind of a streamlined workhorse.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Can't freely laugh at 'em at the moment.

Dark times when you can't - but there it is.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Laporte for the slap on Modric

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Laporte for the slap on Modric
Ah right. That came right after Casemiro wasn't booked for a unhinged scissor tackle from behind, didn't it :lol:
So yeah, on paper could have been a red, in context yellows were ok.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ah right. That came right after Casemiro wasn't booked for a unhinged scissor tackle from behind, didn't it :lol:
So yeah, on paper could have been a red, in context yellows were ok.
Yeah, in all honesty, some decision might have been questionable but overall Orsato was pretty consistent with them

Hughie77

There's a pattern, here, better than the scum in league game end up drawing, better than them again in semi fa Cup end up losing with giving them a 3 goal start, Same again better than Real in both legs but end up conceding goals when the pressure is put on.
Timing of the goals was key In Real winning a tie they should never ever in a million years win. It was like the scum beating Arsenal in FA Cup in Cardiff 2 chances 2 goals but got battered all game. And this football, got to say though never a penalty, ref got that one wrong and VAR can't Realy say it was a error . Maybe next year , spend £300 million or so and have another try.

Scums to lose now against Real, let's see