Let's all laugh at Germany

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Inspired by our resident sourkrauts being adamant that England fans have achieved the unique feat of making them support Italy.

Oh noes, maybe we can restore the Old Normal and have them root for England once again.

@giorno @Bepi @devilish or anyone with access to Italian forums, circulate. @JuveGER you can rib a few mates too unless you are a German weirdo supporting the Old Lady.

@JPRouve @kouroux @Moby a great two for the price of one to make your Whatsapp groups :lol:

Edit: the above say "In red, countries that have lost a final against England"

And seeing as self-deprecating humour is a bit lost on our continental friends, a club-based variant

Liverpool (BorussiaM), Nottingham Forest (Hamburg), Aston Villa (Bayern), Manchester United (Bayern), Chelsea (Bayern).

While we are at it, let's also laugh at Leeds: only English club to have lost a European Final against a German club (Bayern).

Last edited:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
This is a great niche stat, could you also make a German version so that I can distribute that?

Kasper

Supports
Also reminds me of this:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
German Cuisine

German football

German hygiene

German comedy

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
Inspired by our resident sourkrauts being adamant that England fans have achieved the unique feat of making them support Italy.

Oh noes, maybe we can restore the Old Normal and have them root for England once again.

@giorno @Bepi @devilish or anyone with access to Italian forums, circulate. @JuveGER you can rib a few mates too unless you are a German weirdo supporting the Old Lady.
I am definitely a German weirdo who not only supports the Old Lady but even the Azzurri over Germany *pitchforks* :nervous:

Moby

Dick

@JPRouve @kouroux @Moby a great two for the price of one to make your Whatsapp groups :lol:

And seeing as self-deprecating humour is a bit lost on our continental friends, a club-based variant

Liverpool (BorussiaM), Nottingham Forest (Hamburg), Aston Villa (Bayern), Manchester United (Bayern), Chelsea (Bayern).

While we are at it, let's also laugh at Leeds: only English club to have lost a European Final against a German club (Bayern).
:lol:

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
I considered Germany to be quite annoying this Euro's despite that I usually like them as their football culture is similar to ours (Dutch).

They were so obsessed with making it all political and were more obsessed with showing how morally superior they are to Hungary, rather than just focussing on football. I'm sure it harmed their performance.

In every match, and after every goal they had to make a statement instead of focussing in football and making their country proud by fighting and winning.

This stat is hilariously specific by the way. But they do have a shocming record in CL finals vs English teams, especcially considering they should have won like 4 of those finals as they were the better team (2012, 1999, 1982, 1977).

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
German Cuisine

German football

German hygiene

German comedy
German League : Bayern vs BvB (which is the sister club of Bayern)
German Caf Posters : .mica and the rest which is a part of Bundesliga Solidarity Group
German Legend : Bastian Schweintenisteiger

antohan

This is a great niche stat, could you also make a German version so that I can distribute that?
Sure, more so after that clip you shared. Very funny :lol:

Care to tell me how to write it in German? I get a Google translation that looks off (two commas)

In red, countries that have lost a final against England

Kasper

Supports
Sure, more so after that clip you shared. Very funny :lol:

Care to tell me how to write it in German? I get a Google translation that looks off (two commas)

In red, countries that have lost a final against England
Rot gefärbt sind jene Länder, die in einem Finale von England absolut zerstört wurden.

Or, alternatively:
Rot gefärbt sind jene Länder, die durch das Fehlen von Torlinientechnik um einen weiteren Titel betrogen wurden.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Rot gefärbt sind jene Länder, die in einem Finale von England absolut zerstört wurden.

Or, alternatively:
Rot gefärbt sind jene Länder, die durch das Fehlen von Torlinientechnik um einen weiteren Titel betrogen wurden.
:lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
I am definitely a German weirdo who not only supports the Old Lady but even the Azzurri over Germany *pitchforks* :nervous:
and people like this just walk freely among us. scary thought.

Ludens the Red

Or, alternatively:
Du hast mich gefragt, Du hast mich gefragt
Du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab' nichts gesagt.
Willst du bis der Tod euch scheidet
Treu ihr sein für alle Tage.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
May I ask why? Are you of Italian background?
Not that I am aware of :nervous:

Tbf, though, I have a mixed background, so that may have contributed to my lower national identification and Italy is a decent mix of my two backgrounds.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Not that I am aware of :nervous:

Tbf, though, I have a mixed background, so that may have contributed to my lower national identification and Italy is a decent mix of my two backgrounds.
I totally get that.
I was born in Germany. Is that a personal achievement? No. Should I be proud of it? Why? I didn’t do a thing.

Giggsy13

Did German supporters haul racist abuse at Rudiger, Gundogan or Sane after they lost to England? Genuinely curious but also making a point.

antohan

Or, alternatively:
:confused: they look suspiciously long, used your start to fix the original instead, hope it makes sense

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Did German supporters haul racist abuse at Rudiger, Gundogan or Sane after they lost to England? Genuinely curious but also making a point.
I can't recall any reports, but I'm sure some did.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I considered Germany to be quite annoying this Euro's despite that I usually like them as their football culture is similar to ours (Dutch).

They were so obsessed with making it all political and were more obsessed with showing how morally superior they are to Hungary, rather than just focussing on football. I'm sure it harmed their performance.

In every match, and after every goal they had to make a statement instead of focussing in football and making their country proud by fighting and winning.

This stat is hilariously specific by the way. But they do have a shocming record in CL finals vs English teams, especcially considering they should have won like 4 of those finals as they were the better team (2012, 1999, 1982, 1977).
What signs of obsession did you see? I remember Goretzka making a heart sign with his fingers, but this wasn't his first political statement and I doubt it took away much of his concentration on the game to come up with it.

antohan

Is that because it's less common, people would know better, or it wouldn't be highlighted as much? Genuinely curious, not making any point.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is that because it's less common, people would know better, or it wouldn't be highlighted as much? Genuinely curious, not making any point.
I assume it's, because it less common or severe than what went on in England since the final, but when you're not directly affected it's hard to tell.

Giggsy13

Oh “I’m sure some did”. Complete rubbish. While a minority, the racist supporters in the English supporter base are far more vocal than they should be. People pick on Germany because of an unfortunate era in the 30s and 40s, but their public has not shat on the growing diversity within their squad and Germany as usual, doing it better to completely phase out the hooligans and racist pricks that seem to be still hanging around the English game.