Let's all laugh at Germany

tjb

There might be a bit of schadenfreude about Germanys demise, but this tournament significantly marks the resurgence of Brazil and Argentina meanwhile the European nations have struggled so far.
How exactly have they struggled????
Argentina have looked the worst out of all the top teams
France has looked the best too

Cleary one of Brazil or Argentina ( clearly Brazil) will reach the final due to their draw, but I really don't see how its proven anything. The top sides in 2006 are still the top sides today. A top European team has usually missed the world cup or not gotten out of the group stage which is not uncommon.

Zetrio2002

American teams will always win the world cup on American grounds.

European teams will always win on European grounds.

In other grounds, usually an American continent's country will win. But this year, things may prove otherwise.

Andersonson

In other grounds, usually an American continent's country will win. But this year, things may prove otherwise.
South American*

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It's great that Germany have crashed out because it means Klopp will probably end up as their next manager. Which means Liverpool will go back to being mediocre permanently.

Tee27

Let’s laugh at them especially after the hypocrisy displayed regarding the Ozil issue. He said he had suffered racism from the hierarchy and instead got criticised for pointing this out by certain German players as well as his “political opinions” on the issue with uighur Muslims in china.

Don’t have issues with Voicing concerns but the hypocrisy of it all is quite telling.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC

Like Germany won in Brazil?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Let’s laugh at them especially after the hypocrisy displayed regarding the Ozil issue. He said he had suffered racism from the hierarchy and instead got criticised for pointing this out by certain German players as well as his “political opinions” on the issue with uighur Muslims in china.

Don’t have issues with Voicing concerns but the hypocrisy of it all is quite telling.
Do you actually know what happened? Or is this one of those "what about something somethign hypocrisy" posts?

Blackwidow

It was nothing about Uighur muslims at that time. It was about him and a meeting with Erdogan and a posting of him at that time (something like my president) - Erdogan had several Turkish-German citizens in prison - and somehow the question if he was in the German national team because he is German or because it was the best career option for him even if he feels a lot more turkish.

This nationality and affiliation question for sure is something other nations with a lot of migrants can relate to, too.

Özil got a lot criticism for that photo and the post - partly it was political as Erdogan was a NoGo in German politics at that time especially for human rights activists, and yes, it surely triggerered a lot racists to voice their opinion. Topics like this always fuel right wing movements.

At the end Özil and his agents greenwashed themself as the poor culprits of right wingers and pointed the German FA and everybody else as the bad ones...

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
I wonder how much Qatar paid Özil for his perfectly-timed surprise appearance in Qatar and those friendly statements about the organizers....speaks volumes about his integrity.
The internet is full of reports about Qatar not only being silent about the treatment of Uighurs but downright complicit with China as long as business can be made but I suppose that wouldn't fit into Mesut's narrative.

Cloud7

It was nothing about Uighur muslims at that time. It was about him and a meeting with Erdogan and a posting of him at that time (something like my president) - Erdogan had several Turkish-German citizens in prison - and somehow the question if he was in the German national team because he is German or because it was the best career option for him even if he feels a lot more turkish.

This nationality and affiliation question for sure is something other nations with a lot of migrants can relate to, too.

Özil got a lot criticism for that photo and the post - partly it was political as Erdogan was a NoGo in German politics at that time especially for human rights activists, and yes, it surely triggerered a lot racists to voice their opinion. Topics like this always fuel right wing movements.

At the end Özil and his agents greenwashed themself as the poor culprits of right wingers and pointed the German FA and everybody else as the bad ones...
You know I actually forgot that this was how things transpired. I knew it at the time, but as more time has gone on and the drum of Ozil being banned because of speaking out against treatment of the Uighur's in China has been banged so much, that is the version of things I came to remember

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

Can't even be mad at that guy, that was hilarious :lol:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Can't even be mad at that guy, that was hilarious :lol:
It's insane to think a video from a Pakistani show has gone viral, even Linekar tweeted it :lol:

I hated the video though, some of the things he mentioned are such BS. Maradona already won a World Cup before '90, England's golden generation died in 2006, the team we beat in 2010 had Upson, Milner, Glen Johnson, Barry and Defoe. South Korea won against Italy in a match which many think was fixed.

He's a massive Brazil fan and was depressed after today saying it's a tradegy. I'll give him my smallest violin :D