Let's all laugh at PSG

redshaw

Di Maria had that chance to seal it but apparently slipped according to reports. Thought it might've been a freekick but the ref just played on.

He's done that a few times for us through on goal, just fecking fluffed it and this was the biggest fluff yet.

cyberman

Barca only got back into it because the two sides thought the game was over.
It's hard to know what PSG could have changed after they scored, theyre the side who had the two clearest chances to even score after that

Fridge chutney

I've said all along Veratti will join Arsenal. He has just proven a perfect player for them with that horrific bottlejob. It's a dead cert now.

Bid incoming this summer.

MadMike

To be fair, any glee I might feel about PSG's loss is considerably tempered by the inept refereeing performance to the benefit of Barcelona, yet again. I thought the first penalty was dubious at the very least (if given against us I'd be fuming) while the second one... well the less said the better. I lost count of the amount of times both Suarez and Neymar dived in the box.

RedMaestro

I'm still chocked at how PSG could concede 3 goals with 7 minutes left. This whole match was strange. It's obvious that they were needing a leader. No one seemed to take charge when Barcelona started to score. It's like they already went in with the idea of failing. I feel sorry for the PSG-fans. Hopefully the team will bounce back from this.

I'm curious - a big loss after an expected win today and if PSG can't win the Ligue 1, would that mean Emery will have to leave?

prarek

They played like chickens, Cavanni and Di Maria missed 3 great chances.

ThomasEmil

Invisible Herrera Watcher
I absolutely despise Barcelona, but when you watch them play like they did tonight - wanting something so bad for 90 minutes - you can't help feeling a bit impressed. From a neutral perspective, having a Barca team, capable of doing what they did tonight, in the bowl makes for a much for entertaining match than a tactical PSG team.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
shit day.

Trapp :houllier:
So many negative factors

- Coach: prepation
- the referee of course
- Lucas Moura is a stupid donkey for example. He lost more than 30 times the ball
- Thiago Motta is experienced but injured.
- Meunier-Kurzawa: modern defenders, better offensively than defensively.

I won't blame Cavani or Di Maria but the other players

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
So many negative factors

- the referee of course
- Lucas Moura is a stupid donkey for example. He lost more than 30 times the ball

I found the attitude of your fullbacks poor. Kurzawa especially looked like he didn't want to be there.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't think they did think they had a chance though Piers you utter bellend.
To be fair even though he is a massive cnut - his point was a fair one. Barca were playing with lots of conviction and belief.

Utdstar01

To be fair even though he is a massive cnut - his point was a fair one. Barca were playing with lots of conviction and belief.
However cocky and arrogant Barca fans may be I don't think even they thought they'd go through though.

tomaldinho1

Also the fact he is comparing Arsenal, who are likely not even a top 4 PL side, to the greatest club team in the world is ludicrous. To even think like that just shows a complete lack of understanding for football/reality.

bensonjutton

Supports
Everton
Greatest come back of all times.

Good riddance to another artificial plastic club. City next...
Cringe, nothing worse than fans of huge clubs calling other clubs and their fans artificial and plastic.

'Oh but dey got bought out by rich men', 'Arab money', 'Dey got no history'

God forbid other clubs dare to ever try and compete with the traditional mega clubs.

Lets just all give up now and just accept the pecking order shall we so the same clubs continue to dominate forever.

Grib

Di Maria had that chance to seal it but apparently slipped according to reports. Thought it might've been a freekick but the ref just played on.

He's done that a few times for us through on goal, just fecking fluffed it and this was the biggest fluff yet.
So many negative factors

- the referee of course

Was it Di Maria that ducked his head out of the way for the cross on the last goal?

sallycinnamin

Veratti was a major let down and kept giving away stupid fouls was expecting so much more from him and the rest of the team bar Cavani and Di Maria when he came on were shocking. They just showed no spine or bottle.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Verratti hugely overrated on here. Caf darling was shite.

Jacko21

This defeat could really eat away at the manager and players.

There's no precedence for recovering from such a defeat. They have to find a way to move on and improve, in spite of the fact that they'll forever recall being on the receiving end of the greatest comeback in the history of European football.

On a purely human level that is a sickner of the most epic proportions.

PSG is going to be one soulless football club for the next few weeks.

El Zoido

We can laugh at PSG but Suarez dived for a penalty in the 88th minute. If the ref gets that right and doesn't award it, this thread wouldn't even exist. Still a massive bottle job though. An unfortgettable game of football.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Troupes: "Ils sont merde, sang! Il est merde, fam! Comprends?!"

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Barca only got back into it because the two sides thought the game was over.
It's hard to know what PSG could have changed after they scored, theyre the side who had the two clearest chances to even score after that
Actually the real reason Barca got back into it because only one side thought it was over. There was a sea of difference between Barca's determination and energy and PSG's. They were always quicker to the ball, and kept taking the game seriously. They believed in their chances. That's imo the most impressive part in this comeback.

DizeeGorilla20

They deserved to lose this. No two ways about it.

I don't even care about the ref giving Barca two cheap goals

PSG came into the game with one aim and that was to NOT lose 5-0.

They already knew they were gonna lose but as long as it wasn't by 5-0 they would have been happy.

Is that the mentality of a side that deserves to be called Europe's best? They have no business being in the Champions League this season.

I mean even when they got the away goal, the fact that there were ecstatic celebrations despite them being 3-1 down just rubbed me the wrong way. Then somehow, they still conspired to lose that advantage. Shameful performance. Just imagine how wildly they would have celebrated if Barca had "only" won 5-1. I cringe just thinking about it.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
We can laugh at PSG but Suarez dived for a penalty in the 88th minute. If the ref gets that right and doesn't award it, this thread wouldn't even exist. Still a massive bottle job though. An unfortgettable game of football.
When you decide to play the whole game in your own penalty box, and concede 6 goals, you can't really complain much about the ref getting one decision wrong. He waved off many other incidents and even yellow carded Suarez. But you keep being late to the ball, keeping allowing Barca players to live in your penalty box and you concede 5 other goals. And even the penalty, you were beaten to the ball (again), why lay an arm on Suarez? Wasn't a penalty, but look at the incident from the ref's position, very difficult decision.

PSG really fecked this up, and credit to Barca as well.

Fenomeno9

So, it was all praise for PSG a couple weeks ago. Verrati is the best midfielder in the world. Rabbit and Meunière are top class. Barca are finished and then they comeback which me and a few thought was possible and now PSG sucks and Verrati is overrated. People really need to stop judging games 1 at a time. :lol:

Last edited:

DizeeGorilla20

I don't think it was the refs who made PSG give up 10 minutes into the game.
Spot on.

PSG conceded 6 goals from 7 shots on target and people want to complain about the ref. Did the ref stop the PSG keeper from making more than one lousy save? :lol:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So, it was all praise for PSG last week. Verrati is the best midfielder in the world. Rabbit and Meunière are top class. Barca are finished and then they comeback which me and a few thoughts was possible and now PSG sucks and Verratinis overrated. People really need to stop judging games 1 at a time. :lol:
Exactly this. Rabiot was fantastic in the first leg, but had an absolute shocker tonight. Likewise Verratti. I'd take either at United in a heartbeat though.

This is 100% on the coach. The set up, tactics and mentality was just set up so that as soon as they conceded one, they weren't prepared to really ever get a foothold in the game - and the doubts would creep in. Shocking.

Should've gone out there to beat them.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
A few comments about Trapp there . . . As an Eintracht fan, he had a great season in 2012-13.

Something happened thereafter. I remember him being out injured for a lengthy period. When he returned, mistakes like I saw tonight were commonplace.

Always felt the PSG move came at a great time for him.

Sorry to see him have such a bad game but as I texted some mates saying tonight "Hradecky (current Frankfurt keeper) would have saved that Neymar free kick . . . I got a response saying that. . .Hradecky would have saved them all....

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
So, it was all praise for PSG last week. Verrati is the best midfielder in the world. Rabbit and Meunière are top class. Barca are finished and then they comeback which me and a few thoughts was possible and now PSG sucks and Verratinis overrated. People really need to stop judging games 1 at a time. :lol:
Are you surprised? This time last week we were a shoe in for the plastic treble, the form team for a top 4 spot and Jose was the 1st Utd manager to win a trophy in his first term. Now we're a mere formality to go out of the FA Cup, and a long shot for the CL despite only losing real ground to Spurs. Oh, and Pogba's the new Veron and Jose doesn't know what he's doing. Par for the course really.

Football fans are such drama queens I'm surprised so many make it to adulthood without throwing themselves in front of traffic.

Last edited: