Let's all laugh at PSG

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Did you ever watch him play for us? He was the most important player of our greatest ever achievement. Criminally underrated

Without Beckham we don’t win the treble in 99. The only other player you can say that about is maybe Keane. He was instrumental.
I was surprised Beckham didn’t collapse at one stage in the CL final. Him and Keane were our best two players that season, I give both 10/10 for their performances. Both played almost every game and with their style of play (both very hard working and helping out all over the pitch) delivering throughout such a demanding season and at such a constantly high level is something I have never seen again. With no winter break in the PL!
Keane coming back from his serious injury he had no right to play like that. And then that Juventus performance! If not for the sending off in the FA Cup semi against Arsenal and missing the CL final I might have put him slightly above Becks that season but as things happened both were at the same level.
I remember SAF saying that with Keane and Scholes already out of the CL final he didn’t want Becks getting injured so he asked him if he needs a rest for the last league game (where we needed a win) or the FA Cup final and Becks replied not at all, he wants to play.
Then having to make up for the midfield duo’s absence in a difficult CL final and after being completely exhausted after such a long season and chasing Bayern’s lead all game, he still found the energy and concentration to deliver 2 great corners in the very last minutes of that season.
Seriously beside everything else Becks and Keane achieved at United (and there were a lot of things) I can’t stop admiring them for their priceless contributions in the most successful season in our history.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Even after the 6-1 they still seemed to wipe away teams in the French league and were always easy picks for accas

Since the United game they've been all over the place. Granted you could say that for a few teams since the pandemic hit and the non fan factor but psg are no longer go to guys to boost a bet
Uhhh, they've been all over the place since the season started, even before the United game.

They're in a terrible shape, like a lot of teams because of this nonsense schedule, bloated international fixtures, and short turn arounds, as well as injuries. I think this season is going to be a disaster, I don't see them turning it around in Europe, Mbappe is leaving soon (I can't see why he would stay another season), and as great as he and Neymar are, I think they'll be better off not having half a billion dollars tied up between two players. Neymar looks miles off shape, and is always one knock away from being injured. So I don't see them doing much this season, but I think they'll be better off when they cut down on these crazy salaries. If Alaba does come, it would be the first solid recruit they've had in a while. I like some of the players they've gotten since their big summer, but they're not the kinds of players that help you win the CL.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
The main reason why PSG are in a bit of a shambolic form is the not so hidden internal war between the head coach Tuchel and the sporting director Leonardo. The brazilian dont fancy Tuchel at all, if it was all up to him Allegri would have replaced him already. But Tuchel was appointed directly from the owners and only they can sack him.

TsuWave

Did you ever watch him play for us? He was the most important player of our greatest ever achievement. Criminally underrated

Without Beckham we don’t win the treble in 99. The only other player you can say that about is maybe Keane. He was instrumental.
no, I’ve never watched him play for us. I’ve just decided to come to redcafe and post that. ridiculous question.

every time someone doesn’t rate a player as highly or has them on the standing as some, you guys get weird.

Funny thing is I like Beckham.

Sylar

Uhhh, they've been all over the place since the season started, even before the United game.

They're in a terrible shape, like a lot of teams because of this nonsense schedule, bloated international fixtures, and short turn arounds, as well as injuries. I think this season is going to be a disaster, I don't see them turning it around in Europe, Mbappe is leaving soon (I can't see why he would stay another season), and as great as he and Neymar are, I think they'll be better off not having half a billion dollars tied up between two players. Neymar looks miles off shape, and is always one knock away from being injured. So I don't see them doing much this season, but I think they'll be better off when they cut down on these crazy salaries. If Alaba does come, it would be the first solid recruit they've had in a while. I like some of the players they've gotten since their big summer, but they're not the kinds of players that help you win the CL.
I'm talking about the game from two years ago it was knockout

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Keane > Beckham = Giggs = Scholes

Not in terms of "legend" status (that's another can of worms) but in terms of United peak.

ETA And not in terms of "talent" either. That term (too) can be defined in various ways, but if "talent" means an "innate" ability to play football (a combination of technical and mental aspects - "skill" and "game reading", whatever terms you want to use)...then it's Scholes > the other three.

Last edited:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
no, I’ve never watched him play for us. I’ve just decided to come to redcafe and post that. ridiculous question.

every time someone doesn’t rate a player as highly or has them on the standing as some, you guys get weird.

Funny thing is I like Beckham.
You said he wasn’t the same standard at Denis Irwin. We could have replaced Irwin with about 15 left backs & been the exact same team. Nobody in the world could replace what Beckham gave us.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm talking about the game from two years ago it was knockout
Yeah and they got to the final since then. This season, I'm not even sure they'll get out of the group stage. This whole season is going to be very weird for a lot of the big teams, even just looking at the PL table so far (granted, only 7-9 games played) and it feels like it's going to be one of those seasons where somebody unexpected might come out on top.

TsuWave

You said he wasn’t the same standard at Denis Irwin. We could have replaced Irwin with about 15 left backs & been the exact same team. Nobody in the world could replace what Beckham gave us.
At no point did I say Beckham wasn’t the same standard as Irwin footballing wise. What I did say was that I don’t have Beckham in the same tier when speaking of legends. I even specified that was a personal opinion.

ForeverRed1

anyone who thinks Beckham is “2nd tier” is a fool. I imagine it’s just people kicking back about his celebrity.
Oh 100%.
He was consistent. He had the sweetest right foot I think I have ever seen, the weight of his passing and his vision were just perfection. Literally picked his man with every cross. Most of his goals were also worldies, rarely scored scrappy goals. His set pieces were exceptional, Just lethal. Very underrated by some. What a player he was for us

Chief123

Mbappe’s last game in UCL before his impending move to Old Trafford.

always_hoping

Oil money thankfully doesn't buy Champions league happiness. Hopefully I'm saying the same about Manchester City this season.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Sign for another 7 years Kylian, you’ll never win it there :lol:
PSG would probably actually make him Qatari royalty if he wanted a 7 year contract.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
So, new manager or do they stick with this one? They weren’t that trigger happy a couple of years ago, but don’t know if they might get impatient.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Galtier should get the sack. He is a terrible fit for this PSG side, way worse than Pochettino.. The Return of Tuchel seems the most logical choice for me but lets see..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
One day they'll realize that an elite coach is more important than whatever individuals they collect

RoyH1

Oil money thankfully doesn't buy Champions league happiness. Hopefully I'm saying the same about Manchester City this season.
Oh, we will. These soulless dead dinosaur juice fuelled projects will not win the biggest prize in club football.