Let's not buy Raiola players again - ever

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Has there been any credible reporting on Lingard pairing up with Raiola? Has he commented on it himself? - leaving aside all the ridicule and whatnot, I would just find it staggering that a homegrown player would do that when Raiola is shitting on the club left, right, and centre.
Hopefully Lingard signs up, along with Young, Rojo, Jones, Shaw, Pereira, Mata, Matic and Lindelof :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And I was politely telling you that it was a pointless question.
It's not though. If you don't want to answer it's fine but on the top of my head I can name a few clients of Mendes and Bernes that have been "disruptive", for example.

jackal&hyde

The Athletic has confirmed that there is a clause in Haalands contract that gets activated a few years in to the contract and it's "more then 50 mil", so probably around 50-60mil, and that United (and Juve) rejected that clause. I hope now we can let the "he chose Germany/Dortmund/ rejected United" case to rest. It was United/Juve that pulled out, not the player rejecting the moves or preferring Dortmund.

We must never do business with this snake again.

EDIT: should he prove to be a huge success, in 2 or 3 years time Dortmund will be forced to sell for what will be a far lower price then his actual value. The snake is the only true winner here.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The Athletic has confirmed that there is a clause in Haalands contract that gets activated a few years in to the contract and it's "more then 50 mil", so probably around 50-60mil, and that United (and Juve) rejected that clause. I hope now we can let the "he chose Germany/Dortmund/ rejected United" case to rest. It was United/Juve that pulled out, not the player rejecting the moves or preferring Dortmund.

EDIT: should he prove to be a huge success, in 2 or 3 years time Dortmund will be forced to sell for what will be a far lower price then his actual value. The snake is the only true winner here.
It works for the kid too. If he does well then Dortmund can’t price him out of a move or ask silly money like Dembele and Sancho. Dortmund still make a profit or they wouldn’t have agreed

If it’s true that is

jackal&hyde

It works for the kid too. If he does well then Dortmund can’t price him out of a move or ask silly money like Dembele and Sancho. Dortmund still make a profit or they wouldn’t have agreed

If it’s true that is
The caveat is that had he proved himself (at United/Juve) he would have gotten the big money anyway. The one who would not have is the agent.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
United staff were reportedly "sick to the core" of Raiola.

Interesting today Athletic reported Rashford had a couple of introductory meetings with Raiola.

jackal&hyde

Interesting today Athletic reported Rashford had a couple of introductory meetings with Raiola.
He's trying to get him but at least at this point Rashford and his brothers, as it's written, have declined the offer.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

It's a win win :

1 Dortmund : Guaranteed 30M profit (Buy at 30, Release clause at 60)
Gets Haaland to play for them for a good few years, help them win games, increase his brand and their brand, develops the kids
Will definitely not got in Halaand's way if he wants a move (release clause)
Forced to sell at his lower value? Yes, but he's not dortmund to begin with. if not for this deal dormunt gets nothing, zilch

2. Halaand : Will get game time
Will get good salary, although less than at Juve or United
Will not be hold back if he wants to move when he's ready
Gets time and gets to play without pressure

3. Raiola : Forgone huge fee (I doubt Dortmund pays him alot this time) now
Expect Halaand to improve and sold later on (true, but it's capped at the release clause anyway, not like he can extort 100-200M for him)
Gets a club guarantee in a contract that his next move won't be stopped (release clause)

in 3 years time : dortmund got 30M and a good 3 years services, Halaand gets proper game time and now ready for his next big move, Raiola gets hit nice transfer fee.

Put it this way, Raiola lends you a player for 3 years, with a guaranteed profit for 30M, a great player to boot.

As for Raiola :

1. If he sells halaand to United now : It's 60M (6M assuming 10% fee), Contract extension in 3 years (3M) = 9M in 3 years
2. If he sells Halaand to dortmund now : It's 30M (3M assuming it's 10% fee), 60M in another 3 years (6M) = 9M in 3 years

just trying to see this objectively, a 60M release clause is a very fair value for a 30M purchase. Unless the Release clause is much less I don't see any unfairness to any party in here

dev1l

Rashford is his real target. He is using Lingard.

jackal&hyde

It's a win win :

1 Dortmund : Guaranteed 30M profit (Buy at 30, Release clause at 60)
Gets Haaland to play for them for a good few years, help them win games, increase his brand and their brand, develops the kids
Will definitely not got in Halaand's way if he wants a move (release clause)
Forced to sell at his lower value? Yes, but he's not dortmund to begin with. if not for this deal dormunt gets nothing, zilch

2. Halaand : Will get game time
Will get good salary, although less than at Juve or United
Will not be hold back if he wants to move when he's ready
Gets time and gets to play without pressure

3. Raiola : Forgone huge fee (I doubt Dortmund pays him alot this time) now
Expect Halaand to improve and sold later on (true, but it's capped at the release clause anyway, not like he can extort 100-200M for him)
Gets a club guarantee in a contract that his next move won't be stopped (release clause)

in 3 years time : dortmund got 30M and a good 3 years services, Halaand gets proper game time and now ready for his next big move, Raiola gets hit nice transfer fee.

Put it this way, Raiola lends you a player for 3 years, with a guaranteed profit for 30M, a great player to boot.

As for Raiola :

1. If he sells halaand to United now : It's 60M (6M assuming 10% fee), Contract extension in 3 years (3M) = 9M in 3 years
2. If he sells Halaand to dortmund now : It's 30M (3M assuming it's 10% fee), 60M in another 3 years (6M) = 9M in 3 years

just trying to see this objectively, a 60M release clause is a very fair value for a 30M purchase. Unless the Release clause is much less I don't see any unfairness to any party in here
There are a lot of fair points there though i will still say that the primary objective of even a Dortmund player is to go one step up to bigger clubs (Dembele, Aubameyang, Pulisic, etc) and what Raiola convinced Haaland to do was to delay this, for mostly he's own gains, the player would have made a fortune anyway.

The main reason however, for me posting this, is that when i proposed that it was financially driven by the agent with his clauses, i was accused of arrogance, United not being attractive due to not competing (don't know how this applied to Juve though), i have something against Dortmund, etc. I'm glad it came to light that it wasn't a rejection by the player and his staff but a rejection by United to meet unreasonable demands. The World makes sense again :lol:

jackal&hyde

Rashford is his real target. He is using Lingard.
I think so too and it's way i think we need a club wide policy to not allow players to sign with him or else we will have a lot more "Pogba situations" coming our way. He wants his players to be journeyman like Ibra and i personally don't want that for United players.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There are a lot of fair points there though i will still say that the primary objective of even a Dortmund player is to go one step up to bigger clubs (Dembele, Aubameyang, Pulisic, etc) and what Raiola convinced Haaland to do was to delay this, for mostly he's own gains, the player would have made a fortune anyway.

The main reason however, for me posting this, is that when i proposed that it was financially driven by the agent with his clauses, i was accused of arrogance, United not being attractive due to not competing (don't know how this applied to Juve though), i have something against Dortmund, etc. I'm glad it came to light that it wasn't a rejection by the player and his staff but a rejection by United to meet unreasonable demands. The World makes sense again :lol:
Looking at the bigger picture. That's probably why dortmund seems to magically find all this young gems. Just like porto benfica and sporting somehow gets their hand on south american gems.

I suspect because they made the deals with agents for similar deals.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I wonder if the club has not seriously thought about seeking any sort of legal remedy to end his career as an agent.

If I'd be running this club I'd hire a couple of lawyers and a PI to ruin him if possible.

Just a thought :D

diarm

I see this scumbag and his cronies are threatening to take Fifa to court over plans to cap the percentage of transfers agents can take.

They really are a leech on the game. I hate the idea that money is lining the pockets of these scumbags, when it could be used in so many other, better ways.

Stadjer

I see this scumbag and his cronies are threatening to take Fifa to court over plans to cap the percentage of transfers agents can take.

They really are a leech on the game. I hate the idea that money is lining the pockets of these scumbags, when it could be used in so many other, better ways.
Tbf he has a chance to win that. The Fifa isnt above EU-law or other international law. Raiola is offering a service and is within his right to ask whatever he wants for that. It is up to his clients if they are willing to pay what he is asking. A monopoly is forbidden by EU Law (the one England wants to get rid of) but as long as Raiola, the portugese superagent and other big parties dont make certain (backroom) deals about how much they are going to ask for their services i dont see anything that is forbidden. It might not be the right thing to do but that doesnt mean it is forbidden to do so.

As far as i know there arent many rules about asking a max asking for services. That is more a question/demand thing.

OldSchoolManc

He says that ‘Man United have not lived up to Pogba’s ambition’.
I say that it takes two to tango and there’s no I in team.
Pogba has a long way to go before justifying his ‘reputation’

Red_toad

Tbf he has a chance to win that. The Fifa isnt above EU-law or other international law. Raiola is offering a service and is within his right to ask whatever he wants for that. It is up to his clients if they are willing to pay what he is asking. A monopoly is forbidden by EU Law (the one England wants to get rid of) but as long as Raiola, the portugese superagent and other big parties dont make certain (backroom) deals about how much they are going to ask for their services i dont see anything that is forbidden. It might not be the right thing to do but that doesnt mean it is forbidden to do so.

As far as i know there arent many rules about asking a max asking for services. That is more a question/demand thing.
There should be greater laws regarding agents dealings. I’m at a loss as to how the guy is getting deals where he’s an advisor to the player, yet the purchasing club is paying him a commission of millions to be involved in the deals.
I don’t see United being interested in a lot of his players now he’s trying to set them up for spending 2 years at a club then seeking the next big pay cheque.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
#Pogoff

Seriously, I try and be a moderate fan but I cannot stand the guy or his agent. The way they’ve gone about it all is so disrespectful to Utd.

Take your emotion out of it, is he wrong?
No he’s not but it’s hard hearing it from a player and agent who have done so well financially out of us. It needn’t be said so loudly and publicly.

MrPooni

He's not wrong.
No he’s not but it’s hard hearing it from a player and agent who have done so well financially out of us. It needn’t be said so loudly and publicly.
It's hard but that doesn't make it any less true. And you may have a point about them milking us if they were the only ones doing it but we've shown a penchant for pissing away money for over half a decade now and Pogba or his agent can't be blamed for that.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Hes wrong to publicise the thoughts. It's obvious hes not incorrect on what he is saying but saying it in public is a cnutish thing to do and only adds to the unsettled atmosphere around the player.

Fact is the fat cnut knows precisely what he is at.

Pogba is gone. Ill bet anyone big money he'll not line up for United next season.

The club hasnt matched any of the fans ambitions either, so i don't know why some of you are getting upset.

C'est Moi Cantona

What does the millionaire Raiola have to gain from moving him on again.
I didn't say that, I said I don't have an issue with Raiola saying it as it is.

He's looking after his client, and yes if Pogba moves he will need to prove himself as good as he thinks he is, but does anyone really doubt he will with better players around him, with a club that focuses on their football first, I don't, so Raiola would be vindicated.

Well they did when they spent £89m on this clown and gave him £15m a year.
Maybe so, but Pogba alone was never going to solve all our problems. We bought him then we stopped trying to kick on. Hes the last player of any real quality that we bought.

fergiesarmy1

I didn't say that, I said I don't have an issue with Raiola saying it as it is.

He's looking after his client, and yes if Pogba moves he will need to prove himself as good as he thinks he is, but does anyone really doubt he will with better players around him, with a club that focuses on their football first, I don't, so Raiola would be vindicated.
I think he will be better in an easier league I’ll give you that, at 27 I don’t think I’ll ever see him become anything special now.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
He's not wrong.
It's hard but that doesn't make it any less true. And you may have a point about them milking us if they were the only ones doing it but we've shown a penchant for pissing away money for over half a decade now and Pogba or his agent can't be blamed for that.
I don’t care what Pogba or Raiola talk to Ed ore about behind closed doors but to be publicise it so loudly is disrespectful to our club and in my view reflects very badly on both player and agent.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If he lived up to his price and reputation maybe we would be doing better.
True enough, but it’s also true to say that if we’d brought in better players to surround him things would likely be looking very different.

These things are not mutually exclusive.

Hes wrong to publicise the thoughts. It's obvious hes not incorrect on what he is saying but saying it in public is a cnutish thing to do and only adds to the unsettled atmosphere around the player.

Fact is the fat cnut knows precisely what he is at.

Pogba is gone. Ill bet anyone big money he'll not line up for United next season.
He’s doing his job. He doesn’t represent United, he’s acting in the interests of his client in either engineering a move or throwing down the gauntlet for more a new contract.

I know which one is more likely but that’s not really the point. He can’t lose here.

He doesn’t give a shit what fans think of him. He’s a lighting rod.

ravi2

He is 100% right but the truth is hard to hear for some folks.
if United was a better run club, we wouldnt be in this position today.

He is doing exactly what Pogba wants him to do, if I was a player I wouldnt mind him as my agent.

fergiesarmy1

Maybe so, but Pogba alone was never going to solve all our problems. We bought him then we stopped trying to kick on. Hes the last player of any real quality that we bought.
Well I think everyone from players, agents and fans need to realise if you buy a £100m player chances are you won’t be able to buy another one at that level for a while so it’s on the £100m player to make the difference. You are going to be surrounded by lesser players more often than not.