Let's not buy Raiola players again - ever

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
United struggle enough to get players we want and players will continue to flock to him. It's a seriously flawed idea. We are not in a strong position to limit a roster of players unless we want to be a mid table side
We are in a position to say no to a Raiola player ,as is any club whether they be in the PL or League 1.
We have a choice and,if United go down this route, its a wise one and a good stance to make.

Our reported targets in the summer aren't Raiola players,for example.

EireRed_GS

He on talksport now running his mouth again.. "I havn't offended manchetser United or the fans in any way" :houllier:

Member 39557

United struggle enough to get players we want and players will continue to flock to him. It's a seriously flawed idea. We are not in a strong position to limit a roster of players unless we want to be a mid table side
If the likes of us, liverpool, city etc stop using him then players who want premiership clubs will stop signing for him.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
If we ban this arrogant muppet, other clubs will follow and he will end up a pariah. Time to stand up to this direspectful leech. If this means getting rid of Pogba and Lingard, so be it.

Zen86

Well he already said in the Summer he wants to leave so what's the big deal? This is just rehashing old news. Why is it such an indignity?
If Pogba wants to go he should start grafting and actually attract some interest. He thinks he can whine and bitch his way out of the club and into a payday. He’s a just a cnut at the end of the day, waste of space.

sp_107

If we ban this arrogant muppet, other clubs will follow and he will end up a pariah. Time to stand up to this direspectful leech. If this means getting rid of Pogba and Lingard, so be it.
I guess other clubs already did. He doesnt have a single client at clubs like Barca, Madrid, Liverpool, City, Bayern.
Donnarumma, Pobga, Deligit, Veratti and Halaand are only his top clients at the moment.

Is it a good players list to call him as a super agent or other agents like Mendes handle high number of premium players ?
Wondering what other agents got more than 4/5 top players on their managed list.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
I guess other clubs already did. He doesnt have a single client at clubs like Barca, Madrid, Liverpool, City, Bayern.
Donnarumma, Pobga, Deligit, Veratti and Halaand are only his top clients at the moment.

Is it a good players list to call him as a super agent or other agents like Mendes handle high number of premium players ?
Wondering what other agents got more than 4/5 top players on their managed list.
It is time they go public with their policy, if this is the case. He will instantly lose appeal to players.

Zen86

Well I am sure he is following a recovery plan giving by professionals and we have no reason to think otherwise
There’s various reasons to think otherwise, a general sense of unprofessionalism for one. Either way, I don’t really care, I just want him gone.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
But he's injured
He is injured but he is also silent. No confirmation about what he wants to do. No defence of the club he plays for. No silencing of his agent. Its not a surprise that so many fans think the guy is prolonging these injury absences - we don't really know anything about him. All of these doubts could be cleared up in one interview.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Pogba has been desperate to leave for a long time he got his agent to offer him to City 2 years ago when it became clear we were 2nd best.
Its just easier for him to voice his views through his agent and family. He doesnt want to talk about it. He wants Raiola to do his job and do whatever it takes to get his move. His agent is Pogbas mouthpiece not doing some solo run.
He decided to have the additional surgery (wasnt strictly necessary) 2 months ago. It was 3-4 weeks out. 2 months on and Ole cant even give a view on when he will return.
He us effectively on strike earning megabucks. Absolutely shi**ing in the club.
Cannot wait for them to get out.
As for hinting he is Ole’s slave... a slave does work for no money. Pogba dies no work for megabucks. Bit different

Last edited:

Stacks

There’s various reasons to think otherwise, a general sense of unprofessionalism for one. Either way, I don’t really care, I just want him gone.
tell me what has been unprofessional?

He is injured but he is also silent. No confirmation about what he wants to do. No defence of the club he plays for. No silencing of his agent. Its not a surprise that so many fans think the guy is prolonging these injury absences - we don't really know anything about him. All of these doubts could be cleared up in one interview.
He has already told us he wants to leave pre season so why does it need to be said again? does he have to come out and say "I am injured," when we know he played through injury and led to him having surgery?"
we have seen him in hospital and under drugs. What more do you need?

Let's get Pogba out in the summer and once he's left publicly announce we will not deal with Raiola or his players again. I bet plenty of other clubs feel the same way.

peridigm

He on talksport now running his mouth again.. "I havn't offended manchetser United or the fans in any way" :houllier:
Simon did a great job of calling him out and pointing out the obvious that Mino should keep his mouth shut. Mino is a parasite to the sport.

romufc

Silence speaks more than words. He doesnt need to speak, his agent is running his mouth for him.

Add on top of that his brother who has been running his mouth too.

It is clear Pogba feels the same.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Simon did a great job of calling him out and pointing out the obvious that Mino should keep his mouth shut. Mino is a parasite to the sport.
Also its been made very clear that Pogba really does not mind Mino talking all this shit.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
tell me what has been unprofessional?

He has already told us he wants to leave pre season so why does it need to be said again? does he have to come out and say "I am injured," when we know he played through injury and led to him having surgery?"
we have seen him in hospital and under drugs. What more do you need?
If it wasn't Pogba we wouldn't even be debating it. Any of our other players agents came out and attacked the club we'd be expecting that player to offer something - anything.

peridigm

Also its been made very clear that Pogba really does not mind Mino talking all this shit.
I think it’s mainly why players choose him. Any club that signs a Mino player should not expect anything less. He’s been doing it for some time.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Having just listened to Raiola on Talksport, you can see why he is such a difficult man to negotiate with. He is not a natural negotiator, he is just plain arrogant.

If he feels himself getting pulled in a direction that exposes him, he drags the conversation back to a safe place. When pushed about the timing of his tweet and the reason for his tweet, he pulled it back to the conversation he had with the Italian journalist and never gave an account as to why he posted the Tweet just before the match.

They needed to drill down on him more sklillfully and show him to be the clown that he is. There may be a lot of money in football, but these days, there is a lack of expertise throughtout.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ed Woodward should take out a restraining order against Mino Raiola. He should not be allowed within 500 yards within of any property owned by Manchester United and, at the end of the season, every Raiola client should be ejected from the club.

Mike Smalling

It's not like we need any more reasons to get rid of Lingard, to be honest. Although it would definitely be the icing on the cake that he is represented by Raiola :lol:

mad1max954

Pay up or stfu. I agree that both Mino and PP realize that no club is able to offer the amount of money that we are asking for. Paul is not worth it, simples. So they are now trying to engineer a move by creating some shitstorm, so that we decide to sell him at discounted price just to get rid. My big mid finger to everyone who supports such an attitude. I hope Ed and Ole do not bend over and stick to their guns. Feck Raiola, feck Paul if they believe they are the victims. They have been paid millions and did sweet fook all. If anything they need to thank the club for being so tolerant. Fred is a couple of tiers below Paul when it comes to ability but is 3 tiers above when it comes to overall contribution to the team.
Ever heard of the phrase ‘cut your nose off despite your face?’

they’re having a go at us at every opportunity, it is effecting us negatively on and off the Pitch. they are parasites that need to be cut Out! Why an earth would you want to keep someone like that around, for what, to act from some sort of high ground on a moral perch. Get them Out! feck them. It’s time to be pragmatic about it and never deal with anything to do with that fat cnut again.

Raj70

Supports
Liverpool
Pogba has been desperate to leave for a long time he got his agent to offer him to City 2 years ago when it became clear we were 2nd best.
Its just easier for him to voice his views through his agent and family. He doesnt want to talk about it. He wants Raiola to do his job and do whatever it takes to get his move. His agent is Pogbas mouthpiece not doing some solo run.
He decided to have the additional surgery (wasnt strictly necessary) 2 months ago. It was 3-4 weeks out. 2 months on and Ole cant even give a view on when he will return.
He us effectively on strike earning megabucks. Absolutely shi**ing in the club.
Cannot wait for them to get out.
As for hinting he is Ole’s slave... a slave does work for no money. Pogba dies no work for megabucks. Bit different
Using the word slave regarding a highly paid footballer is an insult to those poor individuals throughout history who have suffered.

Stacks

If it wasn't Pogba we wouldn't even be debating it. Any of our other players agents came out and attacked the club we'd be expecting that player to offer something - anything.
I can't find the transcript so I haven't seen what he has said that attacked the club. We have known for ages that Pogba wants to leave the club so why do people expect him to come out and claim commitment? Its like Ronaldo all over again.

RedNed77

I could probably tolerate the loss of Lingard if it means teaching Raiola a lesson. It'll be difficult, but I could probably steel myself ;).

Josep Dowling

Having just listened to Raiola on Talksport, you can see why he is such a difficult man to negotiate with. He is not a natural negotiator, he is just plain arrogant.

If he feels himself getting pulled in a direction that exposes him, he drags the conversation back to a safe place. When pushed about the timing of his tweet and the reason for his tweet, he pulled it back to the conversation he had with the Italian journalist and never gave an account as to why he posted the Tweet just before the match.

They needed to drill down on him more sklillfully and show him to be the clown that he is. There may be a lot of money in football, but these days, there is a lack of expertise throughtout.
Mino holds all the cards in that interview. They have an exclusive interview with him on the subject. They didn't want to upset him too much. Plus Jim White is simply terrible. He merely asked the same question about 5 times until Simon Jordan took over.

Gasolin

Is that the one where he explains that United paid to have a contract with Pogba, but doesn't own Pogba?

Gasolin

It is time they go public with their policy, if this is the case. He will instantly lose appeal to players.
They won't, but maybe that will limit it. Currently, only BVB and Juventus are kind of saving him.
Why doesn't Real even bother with Pogba? It's probably because of that.

There is 1 minor player that Mino has for Real, but that's about it.

ROFLUTION

Not scrolling back for your analysis and obviously the mans a cnut but how many other agents did you assess to give context to your 50% and what was your measure for success?
There you go. Not having the debate again, but I'd compare it with obvious agents like the agent of Zidane, Laudrup, Cazorla, Ryan Giggs, etc, agent of actual good/great players who had a normal agent that got them to/made them stay at clubs they would perform the best in. The goal to me shouldn't be to just get the highest wage - The goal is to get the most out of your career, which I don't think you can say about a lot of Raiola's clients.

With some like Haaland to Dortmund, it's a "safe" way to succes to begin with, before he is probably shifted on 2-3 times more in his career where Raiola earns a lot of money. Usually gets them big moves and big money, but I'm not sure if they actually go to the club that makes them perform the best. He usually makes a good move at first to increase the value of the player and get the young player a breakthrough at a decent level, but then he ships them off for big money, where it's uncertain whether they perform and whether it's a fit for their type. By that point, the player completely trusts that Raiola will do what's in their best interest, because he made the first move a good and safe move for the player - The second move, he mostly cashes in (Pogba being the prime example).

Here's the post / list

Maybe in terms of money? I'd say a lot of his clients actually don't evolve / have success in the club he helps them go to. Not sure that is down to Raiola as such, as every player has difficulties adjusting to new clubs, but..

Football-wise:
- Kluivert has not evolved as much as everyone expected at Roma.
- Pogba hasn't evolved at United.
- Zlatan didn't fit Barca.
- Donnarumma has suffered at Milan from Raiola being troublesome over contracts and over a move. The hype has gone.
- Mkhitaryan to Man Utd. On paper and in theory this looked like a great move. Maybe the Bundesliga was more his level.
- Moise Kean to Everton. Not sure he'll find his feet there.

If you take a look at a list of some of his bigger brokerings (taken from wiki) here:

In terms of actual getting a lot of money for his client, he's probably great. But if you look back on the last 10 years of his big transfers, then about 50% of where he gets his players to, they don't end up succesful. That's an agent's job too after all: Make the player find a club that they fit in and end up succesful in.

DatePlayerNew clubPrevious clubTransfer sum
Summer 2009Zlatan Ibrahimović (Flop)BarcelonaInternazionale€46 million[37]
Summer 2010Robinho (Flop)MilanManchester City€35 million[38]
Summer 2010Mario Balotelli (Good)Manchester CityInternazionale£24 million[39]
Summer 2010Zlatan Ibrahimović (Good)MilanBarcelonaLoan (€24M)
Summer 2012Zlatan Ibrahimović (Good)Paris Saint-GermainMilan€20 million
Winter 2013Mario Balotelli (Okay/Good)MilanManchester City€20 million
Winter 2013Bartosz Salamon (dont know him)MilanBrescia€3.5 million
Summer 2014Mario Balotelli (Terribly failed)LiverpoolMilan£16 million
Summer 2016Zlatan Ibrahimović (Good)Manchester UnitedParis Saint-GermainFree[36]
Summer 2016Henrikh Mkhitaryan (Worse)Manchester UnitedBorussia Dortmund£31 million
Summer 2016Paul Pogba (Meh, worse)Manchester UnitedJuventus€105 million[40]
Summer 2016Mario Balotelli (Good for the player)NiceLiverpoolFree[41]
Summer 2017Romelu Lukaku (Meh)Manchester UnitedEverton€85 million
Summer 2017Blaise Matuidi (Okay/good)JuventusParis Saint-Germain€20 million
Summer 2019Matthijs de Ligt (Meh so far)JuventusAjax€75 million
Summer 2019Moise Kean (Flop so far)EvertonJuventus€27.5 million
Winter 2019Erling Braut Håland (Great so far)Borussia DortmundFC Red Bull Salzburg€20 million

USREDEVIL

Lingard getting Raiola should be the last straw. How on earth can he do that with what that prick has been saying about United. Get rid this summer.

koop

Imagine being called a slave when you're earning hundreds of thousands a week from the club you're a 'slave' to while doing nothing.
Yes..What a poor slave Pogba is.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Has Raiola players ever won a CL?
Technically, yes. Mario Balotelli and Maxwell. No, he never had a star player or even a very good one as a starting XI of a CL winning side.

Not really sure he understands the position he puts his client here for all the talk about him being some kind of a great agent. This club is not in the best place right now and while that may be the reason for wanting out, it also magnifies fans frustrations and it could turn very ugly with Pogba still on a 2 year contract.

Yeah, that may very well be the plan, but there are other, much better ways to leave a club behind you. To have him in conversations about some kind of fantastic agent for his players was always pretty laughable to me.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
It doesnt make sense that people act surprised by Raiola actions. If you didnt expect this circus to happen eventually then dunno what to tell you. Why anyone would expect it? Because there were stories that people found funny when it comes to MR dealings, him throwing chairs in Dortmund HQ, clownfiesta with Juventus and everything before Pogba joined us and now people are enraged at his statements, the way how we got his clients, in similar fashion we could lose them.
Yeah, I guess you could argue most people have been a bit blinded by our love for Pogba and to expect any happy ending was more than wishful thinking. It is easy to understand why people are upset of Raiola's actions though, I don't think people are that surprised by him but more about Pogba instructing him and proving himself to be someone we all thought he wasn't.

RedCurry

When fans, pundits, ex-players all together think "Pogba's is a problem, just get rid at whatever price", that's Raiola's plan working perfectly. His comments are made exactly with the intent to ruffle the feathers and find his client a successful deal. Ole's handling of the situation has been absolutely spot on. As fans, we should get behind the manager who isn't letting his emotions dictate this situation.

Zed 101

When fans, pundits, ex-players all together think "Pogba's is a problem, just get rid at whatever price", that's Raiola's plan working perfectly. His comments are made exactly with the intent to ruffle the feathers and find his client a successful deal. Ole's handling of the situation has been absolutely spot on. As fans, we should get behind the manager who isn't letting his emotions dictate this situation.
Apart from the football world in general is getting a poor impression of the toxicity around Pogba, whatever the source,

I cannot see Utd accepting a lowball offer just to get shot, which narrows the potential buyers to only a few clubs, are those clubs willing to pay £100m + for a player who is not fulfilling his potential, shows little concern or respect for the club who pays him bucketloads and who has done nothing but support him, and who comes with the shitshow circus.... maybe but he is more likely to get the move he wants if he showed up for Utd and told Raiola to shut his trap, if he did that but also made the club aware of his sincere desire to leave, he would do much better.