Lets talk about Inter Milan

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This year is the first time after almost 10 years that we have 3 italian teams in round of 16 - Atalanta, Juve, Napoli.
Last time this happened was in season 2011/12 - AC Milan, Inter and Napoli.
Juve are the only consistent team that regularly qualifies for the quarters so i don't know where u got this Italian teams doing well in UCL...
Sorry. I just count any Serie A team left on CL (at latter stages) over the years as doing well.

Bwuk

It’s a slower league - Young was always going to do well. Hes still in great shape.

If we played them in the Europa I’d imagine Rashford would utterly destroy him for pace.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It’s a slower league - Young was always going to do well. Hes still in great shape.

If we played them in the Europa I’d imagine Rashford would utterly destroy him for pace.
Wish we had kept him, Williams is fine against poorer teams where we have the ball but he had a mare against Chelsea, Young was perfect for that game.

I guess it was the wages we wanted off the books because the transfer fee was nominal.

The pace is much slower and you really can't compare the leagues anymore. Germany has replaced them in the big 3 leagues.

KC91

Wish we had kept him, Williams is fine against poorer teams where we have the ball but he had a mare against Chelsea, Young was perfect for that game.

I guess it was the wages we wanted off the books because the transfer fee was nominal.

The pace is much slower and you really can't compare the leagues anymore. Germany has replaced them in the big 3 leagues.
I’d disagree. Other than Bayern & Dortmund, I’m not convinced anyone else in Germany is consistently making top 6 in Italy.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I’d disagree. Other than Bayern & Dortmund, I’m not convinced anyone else in Germany is consistently making top 6 in Italy.
Leipzig? Even BMG looks a decent team - they even beat Roma in Europa League

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Yeah Leipzig would definitely.finish top 6 in Italy. Also BMG would be up there.

Serie A has some good teams but some absolutely terrible ones. Some of the bottom teams are an absolute joke.

el3mel

The points gained by other teams in Bundasliga bar Bayern is pretty low and says that the overall quality of the league is really not any higher than Serie A for me. and Bayern really lack any kind of challenge. At least Serie A has several good teams in the top you can watch, they have been improving last 2-3 years, and Juve are starting to not have it that easy any more.

Both aren't incredible but I see no reason to believe Bundasliga is stronger

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Leipzig? Even BMG looks a decent team - they even beat Roma in Europa League
Yeah, Honestly besides Bayern i don't see much difference between the leagues this season, team by team. Think maybe we had a bit more quality at 5-7(especially given Napoli had a poor season but are easily on the same level as inter/bvb/atalanta/leipzig level) - and they have bayern - but that's about it

hungrywing

If you think about it, this thread could really just be posters posting 'Thank you, Inter Milan' for the foreseeable future.

Thank you, Inter Milan!

KC91

Yeah Leipzig would definitely.finish top 6 in Italy. Also BMG would be up there.

Serie A has some good teams but some absolutely terrible ones. Some of the bottom teams are an absolute joke.
Yeah, I forgot about Leipzig, they would be in the mix as well. Serie A could really use a drop to 18 teams, the talent on the lower end of the table is being spread far too thin, and the financial disparity is just too much for a lot of the promoted teams to even hope of staying up.

That being said we’ll see what Benevento do this time around, they actually appear to have some sort of financial backing and are eager to invest to stay up in A.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I think the difference is Serie A has the worst bottom 10 teams of all. They are neither technical, intense or have any tactical modernity. Genoa, Sampdoria, SPAL, Brescia are truly awful

Amarsdd

If you think about it, this thread could really just be posters posting 'Thank you, Inter Milan' for the foreseeable future.

Thank you, Inter Milan!
yeah, Inter are pretty much solving our problem with deadwoods by themselves.

The Red Thinker

Poch is going to become Inter manager. Conte and the bigwigs at Inter are at loggerheads. Poch would be a good fit for Inter as a young promising yet proven coach.

Poch hasn't won anything, but he will have the tools to do that at Inter. Lot of good players and talent in that squad. He will be far more amenable to the owners as welll.

Conte is a winner and that's why you got him in there. But, he's been ranting for months now about the situation at Inter.

Gazza

I think it was more a case of Young had a better offer (longer contract offer) from Inter and wanted to play more, and it was a pretty enticing move for him, so the club didn't stand in his way after all his years at the club.

meamth

That's why Ole is brilliant at the moment, he chose player development over experience.

If we still have Young, I doubt Williams will ever progress this season. It's a good run for Williams so far, he will improve a lot.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, I forgot about Leipzig, they would be in the mix as well. Serie A could really use a drop to 18 teams, the talent on the lower end of the table is being spread far too thin, and the financial disparity is just too much for a lot of the promoted teams to even hope of staying up.
Hmmm. I agree it would be better to drop back to 18 teams, been saying that for years

That said, it'd not really any different from Spain or even Germany. England's the only league where newly promoted sides get enough money to be competitive for staying up...and even then, there's not much of a difference at the bottom across leagues. There's usually a couple of teams that just don't belong in the division.

I think the difference is Serie A has the worst bottom 10 teams of all. They are neither technical, intense or have any tactical modernity. Genoa, Sampdoria, SPAL, Brescia are truly awful
Disagree with this. Bottom 10 is generally worse than it is in england(this has been the case everywhere over the last 3-4 seasons) but not so much compared to Germany and nowadays Spain either

SPAL were decent earlier in the season but the lack of results sent them into a downward spiral. Brescia iirc were the team that dropped the most points from a winning position, inexperience killed them

Genoa and Samp yeah, they were awful, very underwhelming and disappointing