Lets talk about Inter Milan

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Who's going to break the lines for them? Serie A is piss poor right now but I don't see them contending for the title.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
At some point in the summer Woodward reached an agreement with Inter Milan to become our Official Commercial Sponsor for Director of Football.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
They seem to be buying everyone, or is that my imagination?
After Young and soon Moses & Eriksen in the bag, seems like they’re interested in at least Modric, who’s contract ends in the summer. It’s actually interesting how Serie A clubs seem to go for experienced players quite systematically. It is a slower league in tempo, but still.

DVG7

just noticed that their owner isn’t even 30 yet

Acole9

Outstanding
I wonder as part of our feeder club arrangement we have with them they'll loan their crap players they don't want to us.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Eliminated by Barca's D team at home and now are 4 pts behind Juve. So much for the 'Lukaku went to a much better team' narrative

Hawks2008

Inter?

Perenially shit team comes good after appointing proper manager.
Its really surprising too, I've been led to believe managers need 3 seasons and £400m before you can even expect anything decent.

Supernatural forces must be at work here.

Last edited:

Ban

Oh look, let's use Inter Milan thread to take a shit on Ole. How cool are we, yeeeeeah.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How can they afford all these transfers? Especially wages.
Not many are earning big wages. Lukaku replaced Icardi + few millions. Rest all are unproven players who are on decent wages

Net wages

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Eliminated by Barca's D team at home and now are 4 pts behind Juve. So much for the 'Lukaku went to a much better team' narrative
Wague-Lenglet-Umtiti-Todibo-Firpo-Rakitic-Aleña-Vidal-Geiezmann-Perez, plus Suarez and De Jong off the bench

That's still not a bad team at all. And inter's Godin-De Vrij-Skriniar-Brozovic-Candreva-Borja Valero-Vecino-Biraghi-Lukaku-Lautaro isn't particularly better

RoyH1

How can they afford all these transfers? Especially wages.
They're a big club and have an owner with deep pockets. And other than Lukaku, Godin and Sanchez, their wage bill very reasonable.

Despite what we United fans like to believe, there are big, rich historic clubs outside the Premier League too.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Oh look, let's use Inter Milan thread to take a shit on Ole. How cool are we, yeeeeeah.
While ignoring they've signed 13 players so far this season. Then moving on to peevishly whinge about how shit the likes of Andreas and co is. Logic, it ain't for everyone...

Bojan11

In terms of transfer spend they haven’t really gone crazy.

Also they would have bit your hands off being 4 points Juve at this stage of a season, so strange to criticise them for that. This is a team who used to struggle to get fourth place. They will get champions league comfortably this season. Juve have a better squad and team than Inter.

OverratedOpinion

Not many are earning big wages. Lukaku replaced Icardi + few millions. Rest all are unproven players who are on decent wages

Net wages
Darmian getting paid more than Quagliarella and close to Belotti, Gomez and Zapata!

That does not seem right and if it is then it highlights the fact that our wage structure makes it very hard for buying clubs.

devips

Inter is following Juve model of team building, buying players at the end of their contract or players considered disposable by other clubs at bargain basement prices.

Ban

While ignoring they've signed 13 players so far this season. Then moving on to peevishly whinge about how shit the likes of Andreas and co is. Logic, it ain't for everyone...
Who knows maybe they can do in a Brexit or Trump thread too.

thepolice123

Watched a lot of Inter this season. I think Conte has done a great job in the short period he's been with them. Structurally they are a better team than us, Conte has given them a clear system to play in and going forward they have a direction. I thought they were one of the dark horses in the Europe but in the recent months they have faded away. Next season, with a few transfers to bolster the squad, I think they can a serious threat again.

Currently, their squad are facing the same issues as us. Their midfield is very weak, they have some good midfielders and some very mediocre ones. Brozovic has been their best midfielder but he is being wasted in the anchor role and not very good defensively. Their wingbacks are average, definitely not as good as Moses or Alonso. Their forwards are always operating on the fringes of their play, if Inter do not have control of the match, they can be invisible. Conte will probably be looking for an attacking midfielder to solve this as Sanchez has been a flop.

Conte has came out and blasted Inter's transfer policy this season too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Biggest transfer muppets in football. They literally unveil a new player every week of every window. They signed at least 8 last summer, and are trying to do like another 5 this January from what I see.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Swiss Ramble about Inter's finances

Last edited:

always_hoping

Lazio are only 2 points off Inter Milan in the league table now with a game in hand, the same Lazio whom lost home and away to Celtic this season in the Europa league.

rojo81

Supports
Juventus
Lazio are only 2 points off Inter Milan in the league table now with a game in hand, the same Lazio whom lost home and away to Celtic this season in the Europa league.
And Napoli is 10th place, the same Napoli that beat liverpool in italy and drew at Anfield in the Champions League.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
So basically Suning sponsoring Inter for 96m/year under the table to keep them ok from Financial Fair Play rules :D
Isn't that financial doping?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If only the quality of the league could be summed up that that easily. Napoli being the only club to beat and not lose to Liverpool this season must mean midtable Serie A > EPL

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Inter feels like it did a decade ago. Short term reign of Conte just like Mourinho could give them the glory of a Scudetto over Juve either this season or next but lots of players over or coming up to 30.

Inter really fell off the cliff after 2010 treble, dosen't really appear to me a club that builds in the long term like say a Liverpool.

always_hoping

If only the quality of the league could be summed up that that easily. Napoli being the only club to beat and not lose to Liverpool this season must mean midtable Serie A > EPL
Napoli at least reached the CL knock out stages. Lazio were unable to get out of a weak Europa League group.

The current EPL is nothing special, basically one consistent team and a lot of mediocrity but at least its not a snail pace league like the current Serie A.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Napoli at least reached the CL knock out stages. Lazio were unable to get out of a weak Europa League group.

The current EPL is nothing special, basically one consistent team and a lot of mediocrity but at least its not a snail pace league like the current Serie A.
What's the point though? Lazio played Vavro as a centre back in the 2 games vs Celtic when he's never started a game in Serie A hence definitely not the same Lazio from the league.

Also Bologna, Parma, and Cagliari all beat Napoli in Naples while Liverpool lost.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Inter feels like it did a decade ago. Short term reign of Conte just like Mourinho could give them the glory of a Scudetto over Juve either this season or next but lots of players over or coming up to 30.

Inter really fell off the cliff after 2010 treble, dosen't really appear to me a club that builds in the long term like say a Liverpool.
Yeah I think they'll win the league this year or next but then they'll have to replace the squad. But I guess it's easier to rebuild from a winning position than being out of Europe like Milan.