Lewis Hall - Newcastle Player | Bye Bye Boehly

bringbackbebe

Impressive game from young Lewis Hall yesterday. It's the 3rd time I'm seeing him play and he's impressed every time - one of the bright sparks of Chelsea's dismal season plus he's only 18 years old. Already looks more responsible in this chaos than some of his more experienced team mates. Bright future awaiting the lad IMHO and won't be surprised if he breaks into the England squad in a season or two.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Good going forward but had a bit of a defensive nightmare. Seems like he will fit right into the PL.

Baneofthegame

I thought he looked great going forward, defensively not so much, but he is only 18, fantastic prospect.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Good going forward but had a bit of a defensive nightmare. Seems like he will fit right into the PL.
He’s actually a midfielder by trade. He was playing like a left footed KDB stylistically in the youth team. He’s shown he can do a job at LB so he’s been shoved out there whenever he’s given a chance in the first team which makes his performances all the more impressive imo.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He’s actually a midfielder by trade. He was playing like a left footed KDB stylistically in the youth team. He’s shown he can do a job at LB so he’s been shoved out there whenever he’s given a chance in the first team which makes his performances all the more impressive imo.
Yeah, definitely so in that case. Would be fine in a back 5 but a back 4 with your defensive shape currently seems a bit naive.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
First time I have seen him last night and I'm glad you cleared this up as he looked like an attacking midfielder rather than a full back, it was a wicked cross he put in for missed header. Seems to have a lot of energy and skill set to go with it.

May be you should loan him to Brighton so he can team up with his mate Colwill who I hope to God will be staying with us!

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he was their best player apart from Felix. Looked decent going forward bit iffy defensively.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I guess when your squad is as lean as Chelsea’s the manager has no choice but to throw in youngsters out of position.

BerryBerryShrew

I thought he looked great going forward, defensively not so much, but he is only 18, fantastic prospect.
So basically a left footed TAA?

G-manc

Good player, I was impressed when I saw him earlier in the season for a couple of games too.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
And scary to think that ian maatsen is as highly rated or even higher. Hall has always impressed me everytime i have seen him play. Pochettino will fall in love with all these Youngs players at Chelsea.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
So basically a left footed TAA?
Pretty much. I would say Lewis looks like a bit more of a unit. I would personally say he looks more like a limited Reece James than TAA as the kid seems to have a lot more desire to get back, even if he isn't great at it.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Brilliant young talent but I hope he’s not one that is forever moved position and he really struggles to cement a place in the team in one position.

MadMike

Nah, I support good managers and Manchester United. Good manager that has my support right now are Pochettino, xabi Alonso, de zerbi and pep guardiola.
So you support a club and the managers of its rivals. Got it. Totally normal person.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He looks like fantastic young player, his crossing accuracy is insane.

He really should be first choice LB.

avgp_1

Wasnt impressed with him in the game at Anfield where he started as CM. LB seems to suit him a lot more as he has more time on the ball and shows his quality on the ball

Very impressive. Can tell he’s not a defensive player but has quality on the ball going forward. Would look good as an Pep style inverted full back.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Next up in the Chelsea to Palace loan pipeline. You’re getting a good one. You’ll love him @Shipperley

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Next up in the Chelsea to Palace loan pipeline. You’re getting a good one. You’ll love him @Shipperley

Good move for all parties you'd think. Hopefully he gets minutes in midfield.

Have always been impressed with his composure and demeanour personally - not to jinx it or anything but all signs point to him having the mentality to reach the top level I'd say.

Supports
Chelsea
Is Tyrick Mitchell his only competition at left back? Polar opposites in terms of attributes which could be a good thing. Can also see him playing LW or in a midfield 3.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Good move for all parties you'd think. Hopefully he gets minutes in midfield.

Have always been impressed with his composure and demeanour personally - not to jinx it or anything but all signs point to him having the mentality to reach the top level I'd say.
I think he's better at LB personally which in possesion is as good as midfield anyway with the latest 'box midfield' trend.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I think he's better at LB personally which in possesion is as good as midfield anyway with the latest 'box midfield' trend.
That would make some sense (especially if we assume Poch is here for the near future at the least as Hall would be an awkward fit elsewhere in a 4-2-3-1); just don't think Palace will be moving their LB into midfield on a regular basis and I'd like to see Hall improve his play from central positions personally.

Based Adnan

The latest reports are that Poch and the hierarchy are trying to sell Cucurella. Maatsen is the Cucurella replacement.
Seems odd to keep Maatsen over Hall then? Unless Palace have said they'll play Hall in midfield

I know Maatsen is older and has more games at a lower level but thought Hall was impressive last season

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Seems odd to keep Maatsen over Hall then? Unless Palace have said they'll play Hall in midfield

I know Maatsen is older and has more games at a lower level but thought Hall was impressive last season
Maatsen is orders of magnitude more ready to contribute to the first team and is also more versatile - he can play as a LB, LWB, LM, RM, LW, RW, or as an attacking midfielder.

It's no contest between the two of them - and Maatsen being as good as he is now is a testament to the benefits of a player in Hall's age range going out on loan.

Torino

Supports
Newcastle United
Looks like Newcastle are after him…

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like Newcastle are after him…
A £30M bid is mad but Chelsea would be crazy to sell him. A loan to Palace works much better. He was reportedly very close to signing a new deal before heading out on loan for a year.

Redstain

Good player. No idea what Newcastle have done to change a DOF or the people in recruitment but they are identifying very promising talent.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Shame we are loaning out his baller while we keep the bang average Chilwell.