LGBT Relationship Lessons in UK Schools

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
They don't.

I can attest to this from bitter, hopeful experience.

I'll ask you, have you ever felt like sucking a dick because you saw a gay comedian tell a funny joke?
Bullshit. Some girls do it to impress guys for instance at parties. Not sure what the relevance of your end comment is, but sure Alan Carr always makes me crave the D.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
You are an excellent example of why schools need to teach this stuff and not uninformed parents.
Because I don't conform to Western values I am uninformed. As long as I sing of the white western liberal hymn sheet, I am informed. The fact there is zero consideration of the fact that you have to consider age-appropriateness in terms of what is being taught to kids is shocking. You might as well show your toddlers videos of fisting aged 2, not like its going to affect them in anyway is it.. if they wanted to fist, they would have done it anyway, nothing you do can affect them anyway.

Carolina Red

Staff
The fact there is zero consideration of the fact that you have to consider age-appropriateness in terms of what is being taught to kids is shocking. You might as well show your toddlers videos of fisting aged 2
It's a book about 2 fecking penguins raising a baby penguin ffs

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Bullshit. Some girls do it to impress guys for instance at parties.
Do what? Be gay?

"I know what I'm gonna do to impress these guys, I'm gonna be a lesbian!"

Not sure what the relevance of your end comment is, but sure Alan Carr always makes me crave the D.
Well go suck a dick then mate, no ones gonna get cancer or something, you might like it, you might not, either way, it doesn't matter.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Because I don't conform to Western values I am uninformed. As long as I sing of the white western liberal hymn sheet, I am informed. The fact there is zero consideration of the fact that you have to consider age-appropriateness in terms of what is being taught to kids is shocking. You might as well show your toddlers videos of fisting aged 2, not like its going to affect them in anyway is it.. if they wanted to fist, they would have done it anyway, nothing you do can affect them anyway.

Gays only exist in the West?

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
If she ends up lesbian as a result of becoming confused by being bombarded by these messages before she was old enough to discover her own sexual preferences - I think that is a shame quite frankly.
:lol: This is one of the dumbest posts I ever read. You clearly have no idea how it works.
He may have meant to say that if (as a result of said 'bombardment') she ends up having a lesbian experience or experiences...which she later regrets, then that would be a shame.

Perhaps Raees can clarify?

Eyepopper

Who has suggested anything like that?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'm pretty sure that similar arguments were heard about racially integrated schools.

So, yes, it is up to schools to teach this stuff because if we left it to parents then the same old tired prejudices would go on forever.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
He may have meant to say that if (as a result of said 'bombardment') she ends up having a lesbian experience or experiences...which she later regrets, then that would be a shame.

He's saying literally that somebody's sexual preferences are not natural, and are somehow learned behaviours that can be taught as a result of schooling whilst at the same time acknowledging that his own preferences go as far back as he can remember, before any kind of schooling existed.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's a book about 2 fecking penguins raising a baby penguin ffs
Tbf there's also a book about a kid who dresses up as a mermaid. So presumably we have trans-species sex to worry about too. 'tis all fun and games until your daughter brings home aquaman.

Eyepopper

I think we should show 2 year olds videos of their birth, scare the shit out of them, they'll never want to have sex with anything.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Yes sure but there are people who get trapped into decades of a hetro relationship because they think this is the right thing or what they've been conditioned to think but in reality they are gay. Seen that plenty of times in eastern culture.

Carolina Red

Staff
I'm pretty sure that similar arguments were heard about racially integrated schools.

So, yes, it is up to schools to teach this stuff because if we left it to parents then the same old tired prejudices would go on forever.
You bet they were. Hence my pointing out that I don't buy the "you're attacking my values" defense.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

What is prejudiced about saying I agree with what your're trying to teach, can you just wait till my kid is a bit older? Like 11 not 4 years old.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's saying literally that somebody's sexual preferences are not natural, and are somehow learned behaviours that can be taught as a result of schooling whilst at the same time acknowledging that his own preferences go as far back as he can remember, before any kind of schooling existed.
No one said that. But feel free to make up stuff to further your agenda.

Eyepopper

What is prejudiced about saying I agree with what your're trying to teach, can you just wait till my kid is a bit older? Like 11 not 4 years old.
Who has suggested teaching 4 year olds anything age appropriate?

My lad will be 4 in a few weeks, ive no issue with him being taught about relationships, not quite as comfortable if hes being taught the role of appropriate lube in avoiding anal prolapse.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Who has suggested teaching 4 year olds anything age appropriate?

My lad will be 4 in a few weeks, ive no issue with him being taught about relationships, not quite as comfortable if hes being taught the role of appropriate lube in avoiding anal prolapse.
Just because you don’t have an issue with it that means its the ‘informed’ way of educating a child. White privilege.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
People do tons of shit they regret, so what?
Well firstly I'm not the one with the regret in that scenario, and secondly it's only obvious to point out that sexuality, and sexual experiences, can and do form a strong part of an individual's identity and personal life.

Dr. Dwayne

I didn't notice any specifics about age, just that it's happening in primary school. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be taught to six and seven year olds. Their curriculum is more about development of skills needed in higher grades and this type of content typically comes in around age 9-10.

But that aside, it's a slippery slope when the arguments you make against teaching it to them contain statements similar to those you've made in this thread.

Dr. Dwayne

Well firstly I'm not the one with the regret in that scenario, and secondly it's only obvious to point out that sexuality, and sexual experiences, can and do form a strong part of an individual's identity and personal life.
I'm not sure that answers my question.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Heres a question from the other side...

So if i dont want MY kid learning this at a very young age then am i allowed to withdraw MY child from this?

Or are other people going to police me about what they feel is better for my kid?
Of course they will. :lol:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Usually because they are shamed by archaic religious beliefs which permeate society.

Eyepopper

Just because you don’t have an issue with it that means its the ‘informed’ way of educating a child. White privilege.
And just because you have an issue with it doesn't mean its indicative of white western culture. #bigot

Dr. Dwayne

Well I suppose you're essentially saying to this hypothetical girl/woman of the future that her regret, no matter how deep or personal, doesn't mean anything.
I'm saying no one gets through life without feeling regretful about something so don't take it so hard. Talk to someone about it.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Here's a question, since they are trying to stop prejudice against gay people, why not also add things to erase prejudice towards immigrants? I bet that'll make a lot of parents go crazy.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Usually because they are shamed by archaic religious beliefs which permeate society.
Given the issue at hand then what would your policy be for Britain's growing muslim population? Would you advocate restricting further immigration from Islamic countries?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Don't be utterly ridiculous. If sexuality is on a spectrum and you act on where you are on that specrum how is that anyone being confused into something?

Everyone has to exolore their way into their sexuality but this only seems a problem when men worry that other men may try sex with a man when not exclusively gay. So what? Try it, don't like it, then don't do it again. Try it and like it even occasionally then so what? Why do you care what others do?

Julian Carey had heterosexual sex in his youth but you don't see people making a fuss so it does suggest homophobia is underneath such opinions.
You're agreeing with me as well that sexuality is on a spectrum and environmental factors can determine how you identify yourself as.

Happens with gay people too who are confused for parts of their lives thinking they are straight.

Environment has a big role so you cant just say it cant change anyone's identification.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
And just because you have an issue with it doesn't mean its indicative of white western culture. #bigot
So he is a bigot because he is objecting that it's being integrated into curriculum too early?

I see a lot of hyperbole in response to @Raees and also a lot of exaggeration about his statement to make it sound bad.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
No one said that. But feel free to make up stuff to further your agenda.
It's literally what you said. Please reconcile your posts with what I said, and explain to me how it doesn't mean that. By stating that teaching it in schools could result in a child choosing to be a lesbian rather than discovering their own natural sexual preference, you are stating that sexuality is something that can be learned, otherwise there's no possible way that teachings in school could affect what you turned out to be.

You also admitted that your being attracted to females went back to age 3 and that you were aware of your own natural preferences before any formal education.