Liam Miller - Rest in Peace

Camilo

Ach, a wee shame. At least it seems to have been a brief battle.

RedDevilRoshi

Absolutely gutted waking up to this news this morning.

He was a terrific player when he was at Hibs, my hometown club.

R.I.P. Liam Miller.

Strats

Cancer really is a right *******. 36 is so young - my wife was 36 when she died last year, and this is a kick to the gut because no one should need to die so young.
Stay strong mate.

Lost several members of my family due to cancer. Disgusting disease. Rest In Peace Liam. Thoughts go out to his family and especially his kids.

stu_1992

Really sad news to hear this last night. I remember how proud and excited I was as a kid to see another Cork man playing for United. So young and has such a young family. Terrible. :(

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Cancer really is a right *******. 36 is so young - my wife was 36 when she died last year, and this is a kick to the gut because no one should need to die so young.
Really sad about your wife:( Hope you ok buddy...

KTP_ZA

Very sad news, R.I.P, 36 is no age to be gone from this world.

Mindhunter

I can’t believe it. Seems like yesterday he was playing in United colours. Very young age to die.

May his soul rest in peace!

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Just 2 days ago I learned that the mother of one of my colleagues (around 60) passed away before Christmas because of pancreatic cancer. Another colleague of mine I more or less literally watched dying over a period of one year before he passed away with 52.

But 36?
I once saw statistics which stated that this Kind of cancer does not even exist before 45 or so.
Maybe there were signs but nobody thought of this because of his Age.

Very very sad News. All the best to his Family.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I missed the start of the game today - did they do a minute’s silence for him? I see we’re wearing black armbands anyway.

Acole9

Outstanding
I missed the start of the game today - did they do a minute’s silence for him? I see we’re wearing black armbands anyway.
They wore black armbands, not sure if they did a minutes silence, there was an applause for a couple of ex employees and a fan who died though. Perhaps they decided against it because he played for Sunderland, I know that's a poor reason but fans are very tribal.