Liam Miller - Rest in Peace

Rooney24

There are some pretty serious rumours on Twitter tonight that he is extremely ill in Cork and may not live much longer.

Will stress that nothing is confirmed but there is a lot of stuff online at the minute including from a Cork sports journalist.

Jean claude van hire

That's absolutely shocking, has he had a serious illness that I was unaware of or been involved I some kind of accidental you know?

Plato

Jesus Christ. What's the illness? First I've heard of this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Holy shit. Hope he pulls through, that’s awful.

Rooney24

Pancreatic cancer apparently. Which I believe is one of the worst

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Christ, wasn't aware of this at all, poor guy, hopefully he gets through it. Cancer is a bitch.

TinFoil

Pancreatic cancer apparently. Which I believe is one of the worst
Yeah the survival rate is...not so good

I had a scare recently and it was terrifying, hope they got it early enough so that he can beat it.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yeah the survival rate is...not so good

I had a scare recently and it was terrifying, hope they got it early enough so that he can beat it.
One of my closest mate’s mum has it and she just celebrated her 5 year milestone since she found out she got it. It sounds weird to say, but only something like 1% of pancreatic cancer patients survive over 5 years.

Hopefully Miller can last that long and make the most of what he’s got left.

Nanook

One of my closest mate’s mum has it and she just celebrated her 5 year milestone since she found out she got it. It sounds weird to say, but only something like 1% of pancreatic cancer patients survive over 5 years.

Hopefully Miller can last that long and make the most of what he’s got left.
It’s not quite that bad, 10% survive 5 years and for males aged between 15-49 it’s 17.5%.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It’s not quite that bad, 10% survive 5 years and for males aged between 15-49 it’s 17.5%.
Still very bad rates. Could’ve sworn the 5 year mark was worse than that though? She’s a 50 odd year old woman, if that makes a difference.

See The Day

I remember when we signed him think it was on a free he was billed as the new "Roy Keane" only because they were both from Cork.

FujiVice

The idea that a healthy man in his 30s can have his life taken away like this just isnt fair. I dont know. Its just a horrible, horrible thing for 3 young kids to lose their dad to this shitc**t that is cancer. Poor sod.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Yea pancreatic and liver cancer, once diagnosed, is almost always too late. Eventually the organs start to shut down.

Was he a heavy drinker? Even if so, too young for that shit..

Needham

Yea pancreatic and liver cancer, once diagnosed, is almost always too late. Eventually the organs start to shut down.
Was he a heavy drinker? Even if so, too young for that shit..
You have to be absolutely battering the hard stuff for a long time plus be unlucky. It could be inherited or just the will of the gods. Hearing he's still getting treatment though so fingers crossed there's hope.