Liam Miller - Rest in Peace

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So cruel for a man of just 36 who seemingly 'has it all'.....Absolute bastard of an illness.....fcuking cancer...!! :(

Treble

I have pancreatic cancer stage 4 (diagnosed August) and played with Liam for around 4 years. Rates are different depending the stages and procedures like the whipple. Terrible news. I got prognosis of 2.2 months in August but still here and getting chemotherapy. Will drop him a message.
Take a bow Lawman.

red4ever 79

I have pancreatic cancer stage 4 (diagnosed August) and played with Liam for around 4 years. Rates are different depending the stages and procedures like the whipple. Terrible news. I got prognosis of 2.2 months in August but still here and getting chemotherapy. Will drop him a message.
Prayers are with you. Stay strong

Glaswegian

Best of luck bud, keep fighting and stay strong!

I remember when Liam came on the scene at Celtic, hindsight and all but I just wished he had stayed an extra 2-3 years at Celtic and fully develop. It was soo obvious he had the ability to go on to the very top of the game but the United move was too soon he could have achieved soo much here, can't blame him though he is United daft as has already been pointed out. Hope Liam and Lawman both make a speedy recovery.

FlapR

Best of luck with your treatment, stay strong!

Acole9

Outstanding
What horrible news, I really hope he can pull through this. Such a terrible disease.

GBBQ

My father in law was given a similar diagnosis and 2 years later he's still fighting it (secondaries in the liver, no option for surgery) . The Doctors told him they didn't expect to see him at the last check up and said whatever he is doing, to keep doing it. His advice was to keep positive, whether its through, family, love, prayer, football, just keep fighting it and don't give in.

TrueRed79

I haven’t posted on here for a long time, but I just wanted to take the opportunity to pay tribute to Liam.

I went to school with Liam and played on various teams with him. He was a year ahead of us and we were quite simply in awe of him.

He could do anything, in a sporting sense. He absolutely pulled the piss with his ability on the ball but always was extremely patient with those of us who simply existed in a different world talent wise.

I remember him being absolutely incredible at GAA as well. He had zero interest and it was only just to get out of lessons that he even played but ,wow what he could do!

Hurling is a particularly skillful game and one in which practice is very important but as a 14 year old he was easily top 5 in Cork.
He once showed up for a final after being begged by a teacher to play. He borrowed my spare Hurley borrowed a helmet from a sub and scored about 2-8 from play in a game we won by a couple of points. A pure natural sportsperson.

Liam wore the United jersey with Cantona on the back day in day out. Teachers would murder him but as a compromise he’d pop the collar and wear the tie only! We reckoned he must have had a dozen United shirts! He absolutely loved the club. He’d mimic Martin Tyler in the 5 a side pitch and commentate.

“United need a goal, Cantona has it. Here it comes.” Then he’d run fecking rings around us and score.

He left school without any qualifications to go to Celtic at age 15. He broke every fitness record there. Scored 16 on the dreaded bleep test apparently. He had graft to go with talent.

His time at United didn’t work out and people say he should have stayed at Celtic for a year or two but knowing him, even at a distance it was clear he couldn’t ever turn down United.
Please bear this in mind before criticism. He was fulfilling a dream that became reality.
Anytime he was around Cork and we’d run into him he’d always stop for a chat and ask how we’re going. Remembered names and all.

To say we’re gutted and in shock is an understatement. It’s gonna take a miracle for him now I’m afraid. It looks like he only has days left.

More than anything, he is a fine man with a lovely wife and 3 kids.

Hopefully the hierarchy will put out a tweet in support, I know it would mean a lot. The United family needs to rally round now more than ever.
I’m not a religious person but my mam is, and she lit a candle for Liam this morning.

Let’s hope he pulls through.
Lovely post from you CP.

Thoughts are with you and your family Lawman. Wishing you all the best. Stay strong.

ChrisNelson

Awful news, awful disease. Best wishes to him and to everyone else on here affected by it at some point.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Keep up the good fight @Lawman, rooting for you bro. All the very best wishes to you.

Classical Mechanic

Sorry to hear that Lawman. My thoughts are with you.

edgar allan

I haven’t posted on here for a long time, but I just wanted to take the opportunity to pay tribute to Liam.
Hopefully the hierarchy will put out a tweet in support, I know it would mean a lot. The United family needs to rally round now more than ever.
I’m not a religious person but my mam is, and she lit a candle for Liam this morning.

Let’s hope he pulls through.
Thats a very moving post, certainly makes you think about the important things in life..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
:( My thoughts and prayers are with you.

el3mel

That's terrible to hear. Good luck in your therapy and stay strong.

The Mad Manc

Absolutely shocking news. So, so wrong for such a young man to be going through this. Love and thoughts with Liam and his family.

Last edited:

Utdstar01

Wish you all the best mate. Nobody should have to go through this. Life can be very cruel.

Lawman, sometimes there aren't words enough to do a situation justice. I can only say good luck and wish you all the very best in your battle. To say more would probably sound trite.

ZAGREB RED

More power to you, Lawman. All the best to you and those around you.

redshaw

Very sad to hear about Liam and Lawman. I was unaware of the rates for this type of cancer.

Had a friend die of sarcoma soft tissue cancer in his 20s. Just the worst.

Water Melon

May everyone affected by this horrific disease recover from it. Stay strong lads, you are the strongest people in this world. Take a bow.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Oh shit mate. Keep on fighting man :(

crossy1686

career ending
Absolutely floored by this news when I heard, I'm speechless in fact.

Keep fighting, even the slimmest of margins represents a chance.

Do not go gentle into that good night...

RonaldoVII

All the best to Liam and Lawman, such a terrible disease.

My parents' neighbour who we've known for over 20 years was diagnosed with it earlier this year and only made it to 5 weeks after diagnosis. I never realised beforehand how quickly it could take someone.

madzo2007

Not much more that can be said than stay strong as best you can and good luck with the treatment & all the best to your friends and family.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Best of luck mate.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nice post @Couch potato 82. Even though it didn't work out here, the guy has achieved a dream that thousands have had.

Let's hope there's some good news soon from the USA.

Last edited:

Will Absolute

Jaysus! I hope you beat the odds and make it, mate.