Gaming Life Is Strange

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
In retrospect, the game was so far up its own arse it made me roll my eyes. I enjoyed it, but people proclaiming it as GOTY need a good smack upside the head.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Interesting game.

The sacrificing Chloe seemed a far more fitting ending. I thought it would be a case of sacrificing either the town or Max. Didn't have the emotional impact as a game like To The Moon did but still a very good ride and they managed to get good chemistry between Max and Chloe. Thought it could have been darker in places, there wasn't as much emotional impact in simply being told about plot developments. Perfect choice of song for the sacrificing Chloe ending btw.

Only thing they didn't make clear was the deer that kept being seen?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Finally got around to playing this game, it's something else isn't it... On ep 4 at the moment.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Finished it, last episode was a bit weaker than the rest but it's a good game. Pleasant surprise and not my usual type of game. Anyone got anything similar they can recommend?

Those that sacrificed the bay? ...Why? Was it because you were that attached to the character? I found her a bit annoying and selfish near the end, didn't dislike her, but didn't like her enough to sacrifice a whole fcuking town.

The sacrifice Chloe seemed like the only choice to me buy obviously when you look at the stats it's not that clear cut.

Last edited:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I've just finished it. I'm not sure what to think of it really. I really enjoyed the first two episodes. I feel like you are almost meant to play it through in one sitting.
Finished it, last episode was a bit weaker than the rest but it's a good game. Pleasant surprise and not my usual type of game. Anyone got anything similar they can recommend?

Those that sacrificed the bay? ...Why? Was it because you were that attached to the character? I found her a bit annoying and selfish near the end, didn't dislike her, but didn't like her enough to sacrifice a whole fcuking town.

The sacrifice Chloe seemed like the only choice to me buy obviously when you look at the stats it's not that clear cut.
I saved Chloe. I just didn't want to erase everything I had done in the game, as well as secretly hoping she and Chloe would get it on in the back of her truck

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The first episode is free on PSN for anyone who needs a game. Entire season pass is £10, which is definitely worth it. Decent game, although the last episode is really quite rubbish.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Really looking forward to it. It was the big sleeper hit of 2015.

Assuming it'll be a new cast of characters which I'm okay with.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just played through this. Very interesting game. Bit boring at first but loved it once it got going more. I predicted some stuff like..
David actually being a good guy, so stuck up for him. Glad I did.

Sometimes I find it annoying in games where choices matter, in that what you intend to be the situation doesn't pan out at all (still fuming about the RDR2 ending, where I overthought it and chose to get the money for John and his family so got the bad ending :lol:), but enjoyed this.

The last episode was a bit hellish. Like a bad bad trip.

I sacrificed the bay. I'd done all that shit including bending time and space over and over again to get Chloe to live. Damn sure wasn't gonna make it all pointless :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Just played through this. Very interesting game. Bit boring at first but loved it once it got going more. I predicted some stuff like..
David actually being a good guy, so stuck up for him. Glad I did.

Sometimes I find it annoying in games where choices matter, in that what you intend to be the situation doesn't pan out at all (still fuming about the RDR2 ending, where I overthought it and chose to get the money for John and his family so got the bad ending :lol:), but enjoyed this.

The last episode was a bit hellish. Like a bad bad trip.

I sacrificed the bay. I'd done all that shit including bending time and space over and over again to get Chloe to live. Damn sure wasn't gonna make it all pointless :lol:
I sacrificed the Bay too. I didn't like anyone else in Arcadia Bay (aside from Kate and she was in some hospital out of state) so.....feck 'em.

Also, Before the Storm is worth playing if you liked it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I sacrificed the Bay too. I didn't like anyone else in Arcadia Bay (aside from Kate and she was in some hospital out of state) so.....feck 'em.

Also, Before the Storm is worth playing if you liked it.
Kate killed herself in mine. I liked Joyce, and David in the end but figured Chloe was more important. Also just as I hit the button I thought ‘nooooo....Frank’s dog’ :lol:

Will have a look, thanks.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I looked over the shoulder of someone playing this for a few chapters. It did look good but too much of a time investment for me.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I did feel the dialogue dragged out a bit at times in the last 2 episodes. Sometimes people would be talking about something I didn’t care about for a few sentences too long and I couldn’t wait for them to shut it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'll give it a go after a break from it. Took til the end of the second episode to get in to it for me with the first.
I think there's a free episode that is supposed to be loosely related to the first and second seasons. Captain Spirit or something like that.