Liga Portuguesa 20/21

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Interesting that Porto have never won the Taca de Liga.
There is some kind of Bella Guttman-style curse on have on this competition :lol:

As other people said the big 3 generally don't use their main players, even in the final many times 1 or 2 of the best players are rested.
Still, by this time we should have won it sometime.

It's just that every time a cosmic event just happens that prevents us from winning it.
We've played well and lost, played bad and lost, we had 3 years in a row that we couldn't get out of the group stage and didn't have a single victory in the competition for 3 years, we've lost in penalties, last minute goals and even lost unexpectedly as the rules said goal average was the second or third factor to advance in the group stage when actually us and even the league itself thought it was meant to be goal difference (yes, even the league was not aware of the wording of their own competition :lol:, it was only brought up because the other team realised that after the game).

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
There is some kind of Bella Guttman-style curse on have on this competition :lol:

As other people said the big 3 generally don't use their main players, even in the final many times 1 or 2 of the best players are rested.
Still, by this time we should have won it sometime.

It's just that every time a cosmic event just happens that prevents us from winning it.
We've played well and lost, played bad and lost, we had 3 years in a row that we couldn't get out of the group stage and didn't have a single victory in the competition for 3 years, we've lost in penalties, last minute goals and even lost unexpectedly as the rules said goal average was the second or third factor to advance in the group stage when actually us and even the league itself thought it was meant to be goal difference (yes, even the league was not aware of the wording of their own competition :lol:, it was only brought up because the other team realised that after the game).
Thanks for your answer too :)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
JUSTICE!

Sporting won the case and Joao Palhinha is available to play tonight!

Huge player for our team.

SportingCP96

Supports
SnBsnsksmsna. Asjzinsna sbsjajsnsbahajanananababajajajajakananaoanannaankAkannananJkKN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!//$&$-&-&-‘aana

SportingCP96

Supports
I am fecking shaking!!!!!!!!!

Sporting win in the 92 minute !!

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
:cool:

Next few weeks are very important now, this is too big of a win to go waste it in the next few games which are all tricky. No doubt we're challengers or the title now I think, 9 points ahead of Benfica is a big margin even though we have to play away to Benfica, Braga and Porto in the second half of the season so we'll probably drop quite a few more points than we've dropped so far.

Porto's schedule is also tough in February so now is the time we'll prove if we have enough to be champions or not. It's next to imposible that we win all games so I'm really hoping Porto's form drops as they have a very busy schedule

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
We just signed Paulinho from Braga for 16 million + Sporar on loan until the end of the season + Borja

Biggest transfer ever for us. @SportingCP96, thoughts?

SportingCP96

Supports
We just signed Paulinho from Braga for 16 million + Sporar on loan until the end of the season + Borja

I like the player but I hate the transfer.

With the money we paid plus the additional other 7.5M we might have to pay Braga along with giving them 2 players I think we completely over paid. My mind can not understand the obsession with acquiring him as I feel we could of got a better deal in a different market.

If our scouting department did a better job we could of found someone younger with potential return value in the future.

HOWEVER in saying that it is very clear Ruben Amorim only wanted one name and that was Paulinho. He worked with him in Braga and is the exact type of striker Amorim wants for his system (similar but not as good as Jimenez). I do think Paulinho is a good player in our league and at just 28 he can prove to be a valuable player for us. I also believe we are gambling with the idea that we believe we are very well positioned to make the CL and cover the expenses of this deal.

Obvious upgrade on Sporar even though I feel we should of kept him as a bench option.

In the end of the day as much as I hate Varandas he nailed every single transfer he made this season. Every player brought in has been a success. Just like Paulinho though the problem is the mold in which we over paid for these players is the problem.

SportingCP96

Supports

Also depends how you look at the deal

16M however Borja cost them 3M which brings Paulinho total to 13M. If Sporar performs well Braga have a 7.5M option. If that happen you do 16M and subtract 10.5M and you get 5.5M for Paulinho (quick maths).

That along with if he produces well on the pitch maybe it’s not so bad.

Remember Benfica Spent 20M on fecking Weigl and 20M on RDT and Porto paid 13M for Zé Luís.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Also depends how you look at the deal

16M however Borja cost them 3M which brings Paulinho total to 13M. If Sporar performs well Braga have a 7.5M option. If that happen you do 16M and subtract 10.5M and you get 5.5M for Paulinho (quick maths).

That along with if he produces well on the pitch maybe it’s not so bad.

Remember Benfica Spent 20M on fecking Weigl and 20M on RDT and Porto paid 13M for Zé Luís.
Yeah I think this is a one-off type of deal for us, in theory Paulinho fits perfectly and Amorim must really like his character too so we overpayed. I hope the transfer strategy remains the same as last summer though rather than doing this type of deal often as it could easily go really badly.

He needs to start producing right away for this to be worth it, lots of pressure on his shoulders

chicha14

I am fecking shaking!!!!!!!!!

Sporting win in the 92 minute !!

SLB! SLB! SLB!

Filhos da pu...!!!

Really happy in the manner in which the game was won, late on when Benfica thought they had a point in the bag.

#ateofim

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Also, I'm sorry to the United fans (and Bruno) but City is now my favourite english team. Pedro Porro, what a player... one of the best deals I remember us making. Especially if it's true about there being no buy back clause.

Remember seeing him at Girona a few times when they were in La Liga and thinking he looked useful.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How is Taarabt playing nowadays?

SportingCP96

Supports
I reckon most Manchester United fans will be happy if Sporting will win the league :)
I hope so! I tend to think most United fans would pick Sporting as there team of choice in Portugal considering the good affiliation between the two. :drool:

SportingCP96

Supports
SLB! SLB! SLB!

Filhos da pu...!!!

Really happy in the manner in which the game was won, late on when Benfica thought they had a point in the bag.

#ateofim
Mental and psychological uplift as well winning like that! This nets stretch of games is crucial now!

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah I think this is a one-off type of deal for us, in theory Paulinho fits perfectly and Amorim must really like his character too so we overpayed. I hope the transfer strategy remains the same as last summer though rather than doing this type of deal often as it could easily go really badly.

He needs to start producing right away for this to be worth it, lots of pressure on his shoulders
If Sporting were not in the position they are in they would not do this deal at all imo. They are banking on CL money coming in and knowing they have a real chance at the title now. Rather then getting a striker who has to learn the way we play Amorim requested the on striker he knows can play the way he wants to play and fits all the characteristics he wants in a striker.

100% he has to produce off the bat but considering how much he was wanted here and the relationship between him and the coach I have a feeling he will hit it off great.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
How is Taarabt playing nowadays?
Pretty bad, Weigl and Rafa are the only Benfica players having a good season imo.

Recently Vertonghen and Otamendi have also been pretty good but that’s about it

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
We must keep Pedro Gonçalves at least 1 more season, like Nuno Mendes too. I am starting to feel Goncalo Inácio next season will be a great CB for us, that left foot...

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
We must keep Pedro Gonçalves at least 1 more season, like Nuno Mendes too. I am starting to feel Goncalo Inácio next season will be a great CB for us, that left foot...
Inácio is good on the ball but defensively he has a lot to improve still. The only signing I want this summer is a CB for the right side who is fast and good on the ball, I like Neto but we can't play european football with him starting. Him and Inácio should be bench options next year, Quaresma should be loaned as he's not playing anyway.

We should try our best to keep every key player one more year at least as they'll only increase in value after playing in Europe. If there's one player to sell it's Jovane imo, he's good but not crucial to the team and there will definitely be interested teams in England.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Inácio is good on the ball but defensively he has a lot to improve still. The only signing I want this summer is a CB for the right side who is fast and good on the ball, I like Neto but we can't play european football with him starting. Him and Inácio should be bench options next year, Quaresma should be loaned as he's not playing anyway.

We should try our best to keep every key player one more year at least as they'll only increase in value after playing in Europe. If there's one player to sell it's Jovane imo, he's good but not crucial to the team and there will definitely be interested teams in England.
Inácio has great potential, trust me, he isn't good only on the ball. Last season he barely played for the under 23's and he never played for the B team, he only needs to be gradually inserted to the first 11, next season he will be more prepared to be a starter, unlike Quaresma, this system is great to protect some of the weaknesses of the players, more evident on Coates.

With Inacio age Ruben Dias already had 50 games for Benfica B. Another player who I expect in 1/2 years to be great for us is Tiago Tomás. Not all the players have to be world class to be effective, and he is one of that examples. Trust the process.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Inácio has great potential, trust me, he isn't good only on the ball. Last season he barely played for the under 23's and he never played for the B team, he only needs to be gradually inserted to the first 11, next season he will be more prepared to be a starter, unlike Quaresma, this system is great to protect some of the weaknesses of the players, more evident on Coates.

With Inacio age Ruben Dias already had 50 games for Benfica B. Another player who I expect in 1/2 years to be great for us is Tiago Tomás. Not all the players have to be world class to be effective, and he is one of that examples. Trust the process.
If he was right footed I'd agree in playing him more but he should be playing on the left which is Feddal's place for now. Next year we'll have more games to rotate and Feddal is 32, Inácio will get his starting spot eventually but we definitely shouldn't go into the season starting him or Neto if we go to the Champions League.

I love that we're putting trust in the kids from the academy but right centreback is the one place we must improve in the summer. That's the only thing I'd change about the current squad.

SportingCP96

Supports

I disagree on Jovane. We don't have anyone on the team who offers what he does. If we do sell him we need to buy a similar style player.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
If he was right footed I'd agree in playing him more but he should be playing on the left which is Feddal's place for now. Next year we'll have more games to rotate and Feddal is 32, Inácio will get his starting spot eventually but we definitely shouldn't go into the season starting him or Neto if we go to the Champions League.

I love that we're putting trust in the kids from the academy but right centreback is the one place we must improve in the summer. That's the only thing I'd change about the current squad.
He actually can handle it well playing on the right even being left footed, but if they are thinking on signing someone for next season, why not Paulo Oliveira who is finishing his contract with Eibar, or Vezo from Levante? Don't know, let's see how the season ends.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Can’t believe it, everything is going our way

Must win the next 3 games before playing away to Porto

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
First we have to win, but I have to admit, watching Conceição reactions is worth it, really. Anyway if Corona wasn't sent off they would win this one.

SportingCP96

Supports
If we win our next 3 games I will officially declare us title challengers and favorites.

I can’t even believe it, it’s like the stars are aligning for us.

SportingCP96

Supports
How good is Pedro Goncalves?
Top goal scorer in the league as a midfielder and lots of quality in this young mans right boot.

However Pedro and the rest of the team should stay in tact for next season since we will have CL. Stay 1 more year and further develop before a big money move.

lenny_1248

Top goal scorer in the league as a midfielder and lots of quality in this young mans right boot.

However Pedro and the rest of the team should stay in tact for next season since we will have CL. Stay 1 more year and further develop before a big money move.
Thanks

SportingCP96

Supports
Behajabanaians nail sbsjsjsnsbabsbaoakanabajaoans abojava siso a sjonananoskssnnajasooaknanajaiaokananaiai GOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SportingCP96

Supports
What the hell has become of Boavista?

I see they're sitting in the relegation zone. A once perennial top three side and regular European performer.
I like the club because of there great history and would hate to see them get relegated. I hope they get out of this!