Liga Portuguesa 20/21

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Goncalo Inacio is ridiculously good for his age. Plays like a 10 year veteran. Incredible.

Matheus Nunes is so talented as well. He just glides past players effortlessly.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Good result but poor game from us, one of the worst of the season. 21 games, 17 wins, 4 draws, and 0 losses is a great record but we have a lot to improve still. Paulinho has to make a difference when he returns from injury because we need to get better than this and create more in attack.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Conceição and Sérgio Oliveira :lol:

Anyway still not relaxed, we need to be more aggressive playing at home and only Tiago Tomás as a striker for Santa Clara doesn’t inspire confidence.

From the youngsters the one who is looking better atm is Inácio. I told the kid had potential to replace Neto, no one listens to me here...

SportingCP96

Supports
All we need is 10 more wins and we are champions. It is starting to feel possible now!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Jesus fecking Christ...

The football Gods are giving us everything they have taken for 20 years

SportingCP96

Supports
I want to have Coates babies.

This season he has been easily not even Close the best CB in the league. What a monster.

Our CB is also our best striker.

matys

@SportingCP96

In the thread about talented Sporting's players some poster said he was surprised you haven't been champion for the last 2 decades, to which you replied it's mainly down to corruption in Portugese football. Can you shed some light on it?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
@SportingCP96

In the thread about talented Sporting's players some poster said he was surprised you haven't been champion for the last 2 decades, to which you replied it's mainly down to corruption in Portugese football. Can you shed some light on it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apito_Dourado

Wiretaps are on youtube for everyone to listen to but they were not allowed to use them in court. Pinto da Costa is still Porto's president to this day.

Benfica have also been accused of a lot of different things more recently, some of which has also been proven but the justice system in Portugal works at snail's pace. It's really complicated and impossible to explain concisely. Benfica fans have been turning on the board not just due to the recent poor results but also because of the shame it brings to the club to be involved in so many different court cases.

I have no doubt that there was a lot more going on in the 80s and 90s that we'll never know about and that we lost several titles and several players because of 'behind the scenes shenanigans' to put it lightly. Not that corruption was the only reason or even the main reason for the results that happened, along the way we've had a lot of internal problems too and lost plenty of titles due to our own faults but corruption has definitely played a part and that's not some kind of excuse, it's a fact.

SportingCP96

Supports
@SportingCP96

15-16 was the most disgusting shit I have ever seen, also in 04 (could have the year wrong) at the Luz was beyond disgusting where Luisao fouled Ricardo and nothing happened

Taça da liga semi final between sporting and Benfica is another one and these are just a few. The receipts are all over the internet. Refs have come forward, players have come forward, Even this season I forgot the team I believe it is Moreirense but @Peyroteo can correct me but there coach resigned after the president of the club asked him to field a weaker team vs Porto.

Besides Greece Portugal is the most corrupt league in Europe.

Sadly its the state of the league. Even this season in Sporting vs Famalicão and Porto vs Paços. There are so many examples.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
18 points out of 33 might be possible to win the League this season. If it isn't this time it will never happen again I guess. I am liking the development of Gonçalo Inácio.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I still think Inácio should play on the left and we should buy a right footed CB this summer. Inácio rarely uses his right foot and it causes him some problems in the build up, Feddal is decent but not good enough to be a guaranteed starter.

New CB (Quaresma) - Coates (Feddal) - Inácio (Matheus Reis) should be our CB options next year.

Also, if Inter wants too much money for João Mário then we should let him go. Bragança and Matheus Nunes are ready and Gauld might come back.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He is only playing there because Neto is even worse than Feddal. But I agree we need to sign at least a very good CB plus Quaresma. And Joelson needs to be promoted. And of course since Cristiano is finished for Juve we can take him back. ;)
Also, if Inter wants too much money for João Mário then we should let him go. Bragança and Matheus Nunes are ready and Gauld might come back.
Gauld would be better playing on the Pote place, to play in a midfield with 2 he would struggle to replace JM.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He is only playing there because Neto is even worse than Feddal. But I agree we need to sign at least a very good CB plus Quaresma. And Joelson needs to be promoted. And of course since Cristiano is finished for Juve we can take him back. ;)

Gauld would be better playing on the Pote place, to play in a midfield with 2 he would struggle to replace JM.
Cristiano only the year after :)

I think Gauld could play in João Mário's current place in some games. 3 CBs plus Palhinha is way too defensive for these games where we should dominate imo, I hope next year we alternate between 3 at the back and 2 at the back. We're having problems offensively but I don't even want any new forward for next year, I only want a right-footed CB, Gauld and some cover for Porro and I think we'd be much better right away.

I really hope Paulinho will be the number 9 this team is desperate for.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Cristiano only the year after :)

I think Gauld could play in João Mário's current place in some games. 3 CBs plus Palhinha is way too defensive for these games where we should dominate imo, I hope next year we alternate between 3 at the back and 2 at the back. We're having problems offensively but I don't even want any new forward for next year, I only want a right-footed CB, Gauld and some cover for Porro and I think we'd be much better right away.

I really hope Paulinho will be the number 9 this team is desperate for.
Paulinho will offer more creativity and a better link up with the other players around.
Regarding Gauld, and I like the player, I like the 3 at the back system, but I would like to see sometimes more a switch to a 3/5/2 where you can play more Bragança or Pote/Gauld as a 10.

We also are having more problems beside Paulinho the other managers in the League are switching their systems to adapt to us, they even are man marking our fullbacks. Paulinho has to play next week, and maybe try Bragança or Jovane on the 11, more 19 points might be enough to win from 33.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Paulinho will offer more creativity and a better link up with the other players around.
Regarding Gauld, and I like the player, I like the 3 at the back system, but I would like to see sometimes more a switch to a 3/5/2 where you can play more Bragança or Pote/Gauld as a 10.

We also are having more problems beside Paulinho the other managers in the League are switching their systems to adapt to us, they even are man marking our fullbacks. Paulinho has to play next week, and maybe try Bragança or Jovane on the 11, more 19 points might be enough to win from 33.
Agreed, Amorim is being too stubborn with Jovane. He deserves more minutes and should have started today imo even if TT scored the goal and got some chances. Next week against Vitoria without Coates will be very tough, our defense will be much more vulnerable and we're not looking great in attack. I hope Paulinho is back and he can make a difference right away.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Huge win to stop our bad streak of two draws in games that we should have won

Now a tough game midweek against Belenenses who are very tough to beat and then the trip to Braga next weekend. Hopefully this gives the confidence we need to end the season well

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Huge win to stop our bad streak of two draws in games that we should have won

Now a tough game midweek against Belenenses who are very tough to beat and then the trip to Braga next weekend. Hopefully this gives the confidence we need to end the season well
Any news on Nuno Mendes? Should probably know this myself but have been busy with work recently!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Any news on Nuno Mendes? Should probably know this myself but have been busy with work recently!
Nothing has changed, he’ll be at one of the best clubs in the world soon enough.

I’d like us to get Vinagre to replace him if he leaves this summer

Charlie Foley

That’s a really important win for Sporting even if it’s against a team I expect them to beat. I thought Benfica were too far back still even with their recent run of wins but 6 points ahead of Porto was probably tighter than you wanted.

SportingCP96

Supports
That’s a really important win for Sporting even if it’s against a team I expect them to beat. I thought Benfica were too far back still even with their recent run of wins but 6 points ahead of Porto was probably tighter than you wanted.
You can see the antsy way they have been playing after those 2 draws especially the first one where they conceded a 90th minus equalizer. It had an impact on this team and they have not been able to bounce back. This game could of easily been a draw because Farense played very well and there position on the table is a lie.

This gritty 1-0 win reminds me of those classic SAF United 1-0 wins where it might not be pretty but they get the gritty vital win. 3 points like this is the ones that win titles but Porto is chomping at our heels and we need to keep the pressure up until the Benfica vs Porto game. If Sporting go 9 point clear again that would be the dagger and the title is finally in their grasp.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Nothing has changed, he’ll be at one of the best clubs in the world soon enough.

I’d like us to get Vinagre to replace him if he leaves this summer
Oh sorry I meant with respect to his recent injury. Any timetable for him to maybe get back for the Euros or no chance?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He only missed one game, already played 90 minutes yesterday
Bloody hell really? Ligaments of iron I suppose. Was very worried after the incident vs Moreirense. Thank you for the clarification! Like I said have been swamped with work so haven't watched a second of domestic football this week.

SportingCP96

Supports
In 4 games Sporting has managed to choke the league.

Now with away games to Braga, Rio Ave and Benfica to come.

They are in free fall and are doing a Sporting vintage.

Paulinho is Dog water. Sporar looks like lewa next to this guy.

Down 0-2 Sporting come back to make it 2-2

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
In 4 games Sporting has managed to choke the league.

Now with away games to Braga, Rio Ave and Benfica to come.

They are in free fall and are doing a Sporting vintage.

Paulinho is Dog water. Sporar looks like lewa next to this guy.

Down 0-2 Sporting come back to make it 2-2
If you don't win it it's going to be the mother of all bottle jobs.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Inexcusable to not win today... the team is feeling the pressure massively, we'll lose enough points to throw the league away given the games we have left. It's only up to Porto to win their games

SportingCP96

Supports
If you don't win it it's going to be the mother of all bottle jobs.
I can’t stop thinking about this.

3 draws and 1 win in the last 4 games.

Braga is a HUGE game. We need to keep a 4 point lead up until the Benfica vs Porto game and Benfica vs Sporting.

If we let Porto get within 1 point it’s over.

You can already feel a huge momentum shift and Porto has the title in there grasps.

But then I think about how this team once again this season fought back from the death and got 2 late goals to snatch a point. Then I think about how that has happened on more times then I can count and my mind can not wrap it around us not winning it. It would be so cruel. This team has so much fight and they just don’t die they keep coming back

If somehow we don’t win this year, along with not winning 15/16 then I will never see Sporting win a title.

This season and that season us not being champions does not make sense to me.

I will end with this, I am literally shaking and anxious about the coming games. The last minute tie by Moreirense a couple of weeks ago has mentally weakened this team.

Between Sporting and Atlético I don’t know whose doing the worse bottle job. They must both be competing with Liverpool the year Gerard slipped.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
VAMOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSS PUTA QUE PARIU

I'm actually tearing up after that one. I love this club

What a fecking win

SportingCP96

Supports
COATES, is probably going to go down as the best CB to ever play for the club after the season he is having (maybe tongue in cheek).

This performance is the best individual CB performance I’ve seen with my own eyes.

Unbelievably insane performance.

Charlie Foley

Porto only manage a draw, and then only just. A massive 3 points for Sporting yesterday and Porto dropping points...feels like a decisive moment in the title race!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
When has he ever needed a reason?
Well exactly. I'm curious to what goes on in his head! Strange man. I only tuned in last 5 minutes to see the goal ruled out for offside. My Dad who watched the game said the referee didn't really do anything wrong so we're confused :lol: Someone needs to speak to him because he looks like a man child.