Liga Portuguesa 20/21

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Porto only manage a draw, and then only just. A massive 3 points for Sporting yesterday and Porto dropping points...feels like a decisive moment in the title race!
That 10 centimeter offside goal that VAR ruled out right at the end almost broke my heart. Big couple of days for us but still all to play for, 4 of our 5 remaining games are against teams fighting to stay up so they'll all be tricky.

Porto play Famalicão without Pepe and then Benfica so there's potential for them to slip up too given they aren't playing great football, I'll feel a lot more confident if they don't win both of those games.

chicha14

Well exactly. I'm curious to what goes on in his head! Strange man. I only tuned in last 5 minutes to see the goal ruled out for offside. My Dad who watched the game said the referee didn't really do anything wrong so we're confused :lol: Someone needs to speak to him because he looks like a man child.
I think the one penalty they were awarded was not enough, many Portista's on my timeline saying they deserved at least 2 MORE penalties:wenger:

Conceicao apparently accused the ref of robbing them of the title and called him a "Ladrao" :lol::lol::lol: Sounds like he is crackin' up!

#OndeVaiUmVaoTodos!

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Another late win in a game that we should have won comfortably, my heart can't take this anymore. Pretty sure I've lost 10 years of my life this season alone

Now a very tough game in Vila do Conde on Wednesday and Benfica-Porto on Thursday...

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Another late win in a game that we should have won comfortably, my heart can't take this anymore. Pretty sure I've lost 10 years of my life this season alone

Now a very tough game in Vila do Conde on Wednesday and Benfica-Porto on Thursday...
If we win and Porto lose the title race is all but over imo

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It won't be easy in Vila do Conde. I think Benfica vs Porto will end in a draw. I'm usually a pessimistic person regarding Sporting (all these years heartbreaks) but I think only something catastrophic will prevent us from winning the title this year.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
It won't be easy in Vila do Conde. I think Benfica vs Porto will end in a draw. I'm usually a pessimistic person regarding Sporting (all these years heartbreaks) but I think only something catastrophic will prevent us from winning the title this year.
Yeah it is Sporting's to lose now.

Reactions: Sly

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Last 4 games against Rio Ave we have 2 draws and 2 losses. Benfica's last 5 games against Porto they have 1 draw and 4 losses.

Recent history says it won't be a good week for us but maybe we're due a different result in those fixtures.

SportingCP96

Supports
Last 4 games against Rio Ave we have 2 draws and 2 losses. Benfica's last 5 games against Porto they have 1 draw and 4 losses.

Recent history says it won't be a good week for us but maybe we're due a different result in those fixtures.
We play first and I think that’s the key to deciding the derby result.

A Sporting win all but defeats Porto before there game even begins.

A Sporting tie or Loss means Porto will all but surely with against Benfica.

Charlie Foley

Rio Ave down to 10 men

Oh feck me what a hit Paulinho. That one might have sealed the title.

SportingCP96

Supports
This win right here...makes it feel very real for me!

I am fecking shaking right now, I am going to see Sporting Clube De Portugal win the league!!!

I AM GOING TO SEE SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL WIN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!

Ajajsbdhsosnanabaikana anajaoma savanna a ahzxvsvv a a. A a a abanais a a !!!!!!!!!abanana!!!!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

I am fecking shaking right now, I am going to see Sporting Clube De Portugal win the league!!!

Ajajsbdhsosnanabaikana anajaoma savanna a ahzxvsvv a a. A a a abanais a a !!!!!!!!!abanana!!!!
Muitos parabens!!

Phil

Amazing. I'm so happy about this one. What's the current state of play, if you don't mind explaining it to me.

Charlie Foley

Congratulations mate! Hopefully Benfica can do you a favour tomorrow and whichever eagle they have knocking about (I met Gloria and Victoria back in the day, I think the new one is Luz) shits on Conceição's head :lol:

Charlie Foley

Amazing. I'm so happy about this one. What's the current state of play, if you don't mind explaining it to me.
Sporting on 79 points, 3 games left
Porto on 70 with 4 games left. Porto play Benfica tomorrow. Benfica are 4 points behind Porto so can no longer win the league but will be looking to automatic CL qualification so need to finish second.

Phil

Sporting on 79 points, 3 games left
Porto on 70 with 4 games left. Porto play Benfica tomorrow. Benfica are 4 points behind Porto so can no longer win the league but will be looking to automatic CL qualification so need to finish second.
Thank you. It's very much on! I'd love to see Benfica effectively hand it to Sporting

Charlie Foley

Thank you. It's very much on! Who does Sporting have left to play?
Boavista (shite) at home. Benfica away. Maritimo (poor) at home. I think the Sporting fans on here were worried about playing 2 teams in the relegation scrap (Boavista are currently in the relegation zone and Maritimo are only 4 points above the drop with a game extra played) who would be fighting like dogs, but they dealt with Rio Ave (just a point above Boavista( so professionally today) I can't imagine that being a major issue.

Porto play Benfica, Farense (second from bottom), Rio Ave (1 point clear of the drop), and Belenenses (should stay up but bottom half team and poor).

Sporting beat Benfica 1-0 in the last minute earlier this season, Porto and Benfica I believe drew.

Those Benfica matches would have been something else (a) with fans and (b) if there were a proper 3 horse race going on. Shame.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
3 games left 9 point lead over Porto who have 4 games left but play Benfica Tommorow.

We can win it on Tuesday and get a guard of honor from Benfica at the Luz or we win it at the Luz, both make me very happy !

SportingCP96

Supports
Meu sogro é para Sporting e minha sogra e esposa são Benfiqistas - há muita tensão agora mesmo :lol:
A minha família também há muitos benfiquistas mas desde pequenino sou do Sporting e chorei muito pelo Sporting!

Muitas Tristezas passei mas nunca deixe o meu clube do meu coração!

Este Título é MUITO Importante para mim!

SportingCP96

Supports
Congratulations mate! Hopefully Benfica can do you a favour tomorrow and whichever eagle they have knocking about (I met Gloria and Victoria back in the day, I think the new one is Luz) shits on Conceição's head :lol:
Thanks man! I truly can’t explain the emotions I feel and I can only imagine my excitement once it becomes official!

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
A minha família também há muitos benfiquistas mas desde pequenino sou do Sporting e chorei muito pelo Sporting!

Muitas Tristezas passei mas nunca deixe o meu clube do meu coração!

Este Título é MUITO Importante para mim!
Certo! Boa sorte!

Eu sou Americano, e pois não tenho muita experiência em futebol português há mais de 7-8 anos. Mas sei que seria uma grande conquista!!

SportingCP96

Supports
Certo! Boa sorte!

Eu sou Americano, e pois não tenho muita experiência em futebol português há mais de 7-8 anos. Mas sei que seria uma grande conquista!!
If you learned Speaking Portuguese on your own you have done a terrific job!

SportingCP96

Supports
The Cubs from the Sporting academy are coming to the CL next season :wenger:

Also I am at the Point where I would let Coates shag my girlfriend and I would cheer them both on, this man is our player of the season. What a fecking monster of a center back he is!!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yup, 3 points from 9 and it's almost done. Anyway, the team will need improvements for next season, we have to be realistic here, this squad on the Champions League will struggle to qualify even for the Europa League, we were lucky that we had been eliminated from the Europa League by Lask, while Porto and Benfica were playing European games.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I spent the whole game outside the stadium like a lunatic trying to judge what was going on by the screams of the players, didn’t even watch the game.

The support from the fans before and after the game was unreal so it was worth it :D Hopefully the reception in Lisbon is every bit as good in a couple of hours

JJ promised he’d make Sporting win the league. Tomorrow is his time to keep that promise, even a draw would pretty much give us the title.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Almost there. Incredible season. So happy. Hopefully most of the players and Amorim stay for next year.

chicha14

Almost there. Incredible season. So happy. Hopefully most of the players and Amorim stay for next year.
Of the current squad, how many players are loanees? Besides J.Mario.

Charlie Foley

The Gol TV english commentator is horrific. Not quite as bad as Ray Hudson but he sounds like he is just having a conversation with himself. He's like a kid narrating his own goals in his back garden.

Charlie Foley

That's a lovely goal but you'd have to be furious as a Porto fan. Three defenders couldn't deal with it and then the keeper beaten at the near post

Charlie Foley

Vertonghen hits his own post with a header but called back for offside. Porto have had a few good chances since the goal. Benfica need to get a foothold or hold on to halftime

Charlie Foley

Penalty to Benfica ruled out because of VAR: Rafa was offside, probably right call but very tight. Halftime, still 1-0