Liga Portuguesa 2022/2023

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
André Franco signed for Porto. I've spotted him since Liga 2. Scout level up, please :cool:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
André Franco signed for Porto. I've spotted him since Liga 2. Scout level up, please :cool:
Gutted to see him go. He is a Sportinguista who is going to be infested by that vermin in Porto:nono:

Its a good signing for them, he is still only 24 and the fact he is from our academy I would have preferred him over Rochinha personally.

In better news Adan injury is not as serious as expected and he will be back for the Porto game !

SportingCP96

Supports
First game of the season today, Benfica at home to Arouca about to kick off.

Hoping for a upset but Benfica are most likely going to steam role Arouca.

SportingCP96

Supports
Looks like I might be making a post about Enzo Fernandez in the near future If keeps this up. This kid looks good.

Benfica offensively will score a lot but defensively with the way they play their are so many gaps open for the counter attack. It’s Something better teams in the league could exploit.

Judging by Schmidt at PSV last season his side’s definitely score a lot but they also concede a bucket load. Let’s see how the season progresses.

SportingCP96

Supports
Convincing 5-1 Victory for Porto. Both Benfica and Porto have done their part in winning their home games in convincing fashion at that.

Now Sporting must do the same in a difficult game away from home. After the Porto win I began to feel negative about the game and started doubting if Sporting will win. However I quickly realized that this team more then any Sporting team I have seen in my lifetime and with this coach fight tooth and nail and have earned the trust and backing of the supporters. So with that being said I will be their in full voice supporting my club and I hope to update you guys with news that we won later on tonight. Scratch that, I WILL update you guys on our win later:keano:

Cheers.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yesterdays highlights

Charlie Foley

Convincing 5-1 Victory for Porto. Both Benfica and Porto have done their part in winning their home games in convincing fashion at that.

Now Sporting must do the same in a difficult game away from home. After the Porto win I began to feel negative about the game and started doubting if Sporting will win. However I quickly realized that this team more then any Sporting team I have seen in my lifetime and with this coach fight tooth and nail and have earned the trust and backing of the supporters. So with that being said I will be their in full voice supporting my club and I hope to update you guys with news that we won later on tonight. Scratch that, I WILL update you guys on our win later:keano:

Cheers.
Hopefully you pull it off. I really don’t like Braga, as unique as their stadium location is.

by the way where do you live?You posted this really early for Lisbon time :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Hopefully you pull it off. I really don’t like Braga, as unique as their stadium location is.

by the way where do you live?You posted this really early for Lisbon time :lol:
I’m in Portugal at the moment but due to my work schedule I don’t sleep much so I am up late.

Nonetheless I’ll be in Braga this evening to watch the game !

SportingCP96

Supports
Reporting live from Braga !

Cracking game and the atmosphere is intense!

Braga 2-2 Sporting at half time. Matheus Nunes playing out of his mind and some good goals.

Hoping Sporting Can steal this !

If your not watching tune into the second half.

Força SPORTING!

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I'd hoped that Edwards getting the #10 shirt was a sign that he'd be playing a bigger role this season but again he's on the bench.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'd hoped that Edwards getting the #10 shirt was a sign that he'd be playing a bigger role this season but again he's on the bench.
I expect him to come on in the second half because Trincao has been awful. Edwards showed with a belly and a tad out of shape which I think did not sit well with Amorim.

However 100% he will be coming on in thr second half!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Right call to wave the pen off. Great game otherwise. Looks like two even teams.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Feisty game this, lots of fouls.

Edwards on now, feels like he's gained a yard of pace as he's looking really quick.

SportingCP96

Supports
FECKKKKKKKK MOTHER FECKINGGGGGG FECKKKKKKKK!

SportingCP96

Supports
Great spectacle for the neutrals and for our league.

However this is an awful result. We threw away 2 points already and still have to go away to Porto in 2 weeks.

Their is a chance we start the season with 4 points in 3 games or at best 5 in 3 because we will not beat Porto away.

In England this would not be a bad result but in Portugal it’s a league of inches and we are already starting in the back foot.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Fair result. Vizela played better and created more chances. Despite Rio Ave complains, they didn't play well enough to justify another result. In fact, Vizela could had won by a bigger margin, IMHO.
Vizela actually have a mediocre squad, but they seem to be very well drilled that it makes it up for the lack of talent.

Rio Ave best players on this match:
I will point Jhonnatan: if it wasn't for him Vizela would had scored at least 2 more goals

Vizela best players on this match:
The whole team was very cohesive tbh, but I actually liked Alex Méndez: the yankee midfielder was energetic and provided a good connection between sectors. With 21 y.o. and coming from Ajax youth system on a free transfer, I'm curious about what can he show.

Charlie Foley

FECKKKKKKKK MOTHER FECKINGGGGGG FECKKKKKKKK!
:lol:
frustrating result for sporting. Can’t throw away multiple leads like that in this league, even if as you say A draw away at the league’s 4th best team sounds ok out of context

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol:
frustrating result for sporting. Can’t throw away multiple leads like that in this league, even if as you say A draw away at the league’s 4th best team sounds ok out of context
Ya I mean like you said, tying this game in this manner when you have Porto away from home around the corner is a bad result.

Now Sporting have to win away to Porto or they risk starting the season 4-6 points behind within the first 3 games which is a mountain to climb in Portugal.

If history is anything to go by our chances of winning away to Porto are next to none. We certainty got the short end of the stick to start the season with this kind of schedule but we only have ourselves to blame for last night.

I reiterate though, it was an incredible game for the neutrals and shows that teams in Portugal can compete with the big Boys if they go at them.

Regardless I must say that I respect Braga’s growth as a club because they are the only club in Portugal who try to stand tall against the big 3 and disrupt the order. They have established themselves in the last 13 years and will only get bigger and stronger which is good for our league.

The next club that has the potential and need to make that leap is Guimarães.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Ya I mean like you said, tying this game in this manner when you have Porto away from home around the corner is a bad result.

Now Sporting have to win away to Porto or they risk starting the season 4-6 points behind within the first 3 games which is a mountain to climb in Portugal.

If history is anything to go by our chances of winning away to Porto are next to none. We certainty got the short end of the stick to start the season with this kind of schedule but we only have ourselves to blame for last night.

I reiterate though, it was an incredible game for the neutrals and shows that teams in Portugal can compete with the big Boys if they go at them.

Regardless I must say that I respect Braga’s growth as a club because they are the only club in Portugal who try to stand tall against the big 3 and disrupt the order. They have established themselves in the last 13 years and will only get bigger and stronger which is good for our league.

The next club that has the potential and need to make that leap is Guimarães.
The worst thing from this result is that António Salvador will self-congratulate for being the genius who appointed Artur Jorge as a manager.

SportingCP96

Supports
The worst thing from this result is that António Salvador will self-congratulate for being the genius who appointed Artur Jorge as a manager.
The only things that’s cringe is how Braga try to force themselves as the “4th Grande”.

Calling them selves “rivals” to the big 3 etc.

Like stop it. Just be organic, your rival has always been VSC and as of now you don’t compete for the league on a consistent basis.

Charlie Foley

Be aware that Porto hired a problematic wonder kid named Gabriel Veron. If they manage to make him a disciplined footballer he's going to be a huge problem for any team in Europe, because his potential is huge.
They also hired David Carmo who IMO has the potential to become a top class center back and Eustáquio might well blossom after doing a pre-season with the team.
They still need to reinforce the creative part of their midfield, they lost their two most creative players (Vitinha and Vieira).

Sisto is actually a good player, not sure why he preferred to comeback to his former club a few seasons ago because he had offers to continue in Spain.
Another goal for Sisto tonight! Always impactful. Controlled game from Benfica tonight though from what I’ve seen.

Thanks for the player recommendations by the way, I’ll be sure to keep an eye on them.

SportingCP96

Supports
Enzo has been playing out of his fecking mind at the moment.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
The only things that’s cringe is how Braga try to force themselves as the “4th Grande”.

Calling them selves “rivals” to the big 3 etc.

Like stop it. Just be organic, your rival has always been VSC and as of now you don’t compete for the league on a consistent basis.
I like the ambition. It's a bit forced at times, but better to look up.

SportingCP96

Supports
3 goals in a games for Pote.

This goal he just scored was fantastic between him and Trincao, two huge talents in our league.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Edwards was fantastic yet again. He will be starting from now on I reckon because Sporting will pay false 9 a majority of the season .
I love how he bullied the defender for the first goal, that wouldn't have happened a year or two ago. He looks stronger and quicker than he's ever been.

SportingCP96

Supports
I love how he bullied the defender for the first goal, that wouldn't have happened a year or two ago. He looks stronger and quicker than he's ever been.
He’s a technically gifted player and he flows well with Trincao and Pote who are similar players technically.

I think he will have a lot of fun playing with that attack !

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
That's good to hear.

By the way, I also like the young RB you have out on loan, Esteves. I've seen him a few times at youth level and he looks like a player with a big future.

SportingCP96

Supports
That's good to hear.

By the way, I also like the young RB you have out on loan, Esteves. I've seen him a few times at youth level and he looks like a player with a big future.
Yes he was quite the coupe from Porto last season and he played very well on thr first team.

Another talented player out on loan with Esteves at Estoril is Tiago Gouverio from Benfica.

SportingCP96

Supports

3-0 win vs Rio Ave

- Edwards wirh 2 assusta

- Pedro Gonçalves In great form

- Ugarte a monster

- Matheus Nunes magic

SportingCP96

Supports
Porto just don’t know how to drop points. 90th minute goal to steal the 3 points.

SportingCP96

Supports
Porto V Sporting going to be electric next weekend.