Liga Portuguesa 2022/2023

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Sporting have sold both of their starting midfielder. First Joao Palhinha and now Matheus Nunes.

I am absolutely gutted, The quality of our side has now dropped dramatically. Sporting now has no debt in midfield.

I have a feeling Sporting will hijack Horta from Benfica.

This smells like Jorge Mendes through and through. Sell Nunes for 45M and then sell Horta for 20M. Mendes roller coaster.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sporting have sold both of their starting midfielder. First Joao Palhinha and now Matheus Nunes.

I am absolutely gutted, The quality of our side has now dropped dramatically. Sporting now has no debt in midfield.

I have a feeling Sporting will hijack Horta from Benfica.

This smells like Jorge Mendes through and through. Sell Nunes for 45M and then sell Horta for 20M. Mendes roller coaster.
Sporting needs to buy fast and solid. But the game vs Porto is going to be tougher now.

SportingCP96

Supports
Sporting needs to buy fast and solid. But the game vs Porto is going to be tougher now.
I believe Benfica have catapulted to favorites for the league.

A Sporting loss in Porto after losing Nunes will be the season gut punch in my eyes.

SportingCP96

Supports
If I am Sporting I bring in Horta and Andre Almeida from VSC.

SportingCP96

Supports
Benfica wirh a easy and convincing win.

Benfica All but in the CL and Portugal will have 3 teams in the CL once again.

SportingCP96

Supports
Porto V Sporting today.

After the Nunes sale and the obvious tensions between Amorim and the board, a loss today I think will send Sporting into a free fall.

A loss today is also the end of Sporting’s domestic season in terms of a title challenge so it’s very important. It’s a shame we play in a league where a season can be decided after 3 games.

I truly have zero faith in todays game and I am not even excited to watch it. The whole Nunes fiasco really put me off this week.

SportingCP96

Supports
Game over boys. This season is a wrap.

SportingCP96

Supports
You still have Europe
We don’t do anything in Europe.

We have the cups to win this season, that’s out only chance at winning any kind of trophy. This loss today has ended out domestic season, we have to fight for third place with Braga.

Charlie Foley

We don’t do anything in Europe.

We have the cups to win this season, that’s out only chance at winning any kind of trophy. This loss today has ended out domestic season, we have to fight for third place with Braga.
Fecking hell mate you are miserable :lol: You hit the post and two top class saves have kept Porto ahead. You’ve not lost yet

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Porto V Sporting today.

After the Nunes sale and the obvious tensions between Amorim and the board, a loss today I think will send Sporting into a free fall.

A loss today is also the end of Sporting’s domestic season in terms of a title challenge so it’s very important. It’s a shame we play in a league where a season can be decided after 3 games.

I truly have zero faith in todays game and I am not even excited to watch it. The whole Nunes fiasco really put me off this week.
Mate aren't you being a bit over dramatic here? I know it's an important game but how does a loss at the very start of the season end a title challenge? :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Mate aren't you being a bit over dramatic here? I know it's an important game but how does a loss at the very start of the season end a title challenge? :lol:
In Portugal once you go 5-6 points behind the chances of recouping that are very slim.

We still have to play Benfica 2x who we historically almost never beat so at the vet minimum we are 8 points behind.

I’ve been watching Sporting my whole life and I already know how this ends, that’s how I knew we would lose today and how I know we already lost with one half to play.

Is it dramática Yes ! But is it true ? Also yes. Sadly years and years of nothing but failures by Sporting does not make me think any other way. So sorry if it comes off depressing.

SportingCP96

Supports
Fecking hell mate you are miserable :lol: You hit the post and two top class saves have kept Porto ahead. You’ve not lost yet
I 100% am miserable at the Moment.

If we somehow tie or win this game feel free to spam me and call me every name in the book because I will take it. But I am willing to wager it won’t happen :(

Red the Bear

Something less generic
In Portugal once you go 5-6 points behind the chances of recouping that are very slim.

We still have to play Benfica 2x who we historically almost never beat so at the vet minimum we are 8 points behind.

I’ve been watching Sporting my whole life and I already know how this ends, that’s how I knew we would lose today and how I know we already lost with one half to play.

Is it dramática Yes ! But is it true ? Also yes. Sadly years and years of nothing but failures by Sporting does not make me think any other way. So sorry if it comes off depressing.
Fair enough , I don't follow your league too much so I'm not well versed about the historical trends of it.

Still find it illogical to completely count you out of the race, its just too early and it's football.

Wish you a nice season mate, every United's fan's favorite team in Portugal.

SportingCP96

Supports
2-0.

I told you guys, I’ve seen this movie way too many times.

SportingCP96

Supports
I probably won’t be messaging here for a while. I have so much I want to say and some if it will get me banned.

Im checked out for the season.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I probably won’t be messaging here for a while. I have so much I want to say and some if it will get me banned.

Im checked out for the season.
So much to say about, your team? Not sure what you could possibly say that would be ban worthy?

SportingCP96

Supports
So much to say about, your team? Not sure what you could possibly say that would be ban worthy?
If I start typing about Sporting right now and our president I won’t be able to do it without adding a curse word in every other word.

I am just done.

Charlie Foley

Ok brother you can be miserable now @SportingCP96

you better hope Benfica take points from Porto because I still look at Porto as being tougher mentally, who knows with the new set ups but Benfica dropped so many stupid points the last few years. I know that you won’t do that :lol:

I know in the past he has spoken on here about corruption in the league so maybe he means that? Or just he doesn’t want to have a meltdown

SportingCP96

Supports
Ok brother you can be miserable now @SportingCP96

you better hope Benfica take points from Porto because I still look at Porto as being tougher mentally, who knows with the new set ups but Benfica dropped so many stupid points the last few years. I know that you won’t do that :lol:

I know in the past he has spoken on here about corruption in the league so maybe he means that? Or just he doesn’t want to have a meltdown
Nah no corruption this game. Deserved win by Porto. I am just on the verge of a very big meltdown.

Sporting is fighting for third place this season.

It is both Varandas fault and sprinkle of Amorim fault.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Sporting pressure was disjointed, while Porto worked better as a team. 3 - 0 is a harsh result, 1-0 would be fair.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The European season hasnt even started yet mate, for all you know you might win a europa league.

This may soon be over
Our league floats between 2 and 3 spots all the time. Not anything new.
But the thing is that even with our modest budgets we manage to do well in UEFA competitions.
With just 10M inhabitants, it's almost Impossible to grow economicaly, the base of the pyramid isn't large enough.

SportingCP96

Supports
I don’t even like this sport. I don’t know why I watch it.

SportingCP96

Supports
Talk about hitting the self destruct button on your season.

If I’m being honest this as much of Varandas fault as it is Amorim.

Its impossible that a coach can for 3 season in a row refuse to buy a striker for the team. It makes absolutely no sense. The construction of the squad this summer has been a disgrace. We have no midfield depth and then you decide to sell Nunes this late in the window.

Sporting Will struggle to get third and I predict they finish fourth. The season is quite literally over.

CL we will get 4th and we won’t win any cups this season.

I am done.

SportingCP96

Supports
Imagine subbing on a defender so that you can put Coates at striker because you are a stubborn prick who refused to buy a striker.

Well done you fecking special ed.