Ligue 1 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What is this "farmer" epidemic that we see on the caf lately when talking about Ligue 1?
Those ligue1 players, so multitalented! Let's see Cristiano Ronaldo trying to milk a goat! Bet he's no mach for (*looks up*) Nicolas Pepe!

SparkedIntoLife

A few questions for our Ligue 1 watching members -

1) What's up with Monaco this season so far? Only 6 points from 6 games, lots of squad rotation and there looks like a lack of clear ideas. I'm aware they've sold a lot of talent but they did spend £115m in the Summer. Have the incoming signings been of a lesser quality than in the Luis Campos era? Are they maybe just taking a while to settle as a team? I very much like Leonardo Jardim but this season and partly last season Monaco haven't been too great so I'm less convinced about him than I was. Not saying it isn't hard to undergo such squad upheaval and lose incredible talents but it seems to me like they've been buying overpriced gambles or players that won't be ready for at least a couple of years.

2) Nicolas Pepe is gaining a lot of hype. Could he be the next big Ligue 1 export? Potentially United quality?

3) Are any exciting young players emerging so far this season? France's production line is sensational.

Wino1

A few questions for our Ligue 1 watching members -

1) What's up with Monaco this season so far? Only 6 points from 6 games, lots of squad rotation and there looks like a lack of clear ideas. I'm aware they've sold a lot of talent but they did spend £115m in the Summer. Have the incoming signings been of a lesser quality than in the Luis Campos era? Are they maybe just taking a while to settle as a team? I very much like Leonardo Jardim but this season and partly last season Monaco haven't been too great so I'm less convinced about him than I was. Not saying it isn't hard to undergo such squad upheaval and lose incredible talents but it seems to me like they've been buying overpriced gambles or players that won't be ready for at least a couple of years.
A lack of quality all over the pitch at the minute. They have a lot of great future talents, but it’s not working yet.

Tielemans, Grandsir, N’doram, Rony Lopes, Pellegri, Diop, Mboula etc... have all shown flashes, but consistency is the issue. Which is normally the case for young players.

Golovin made his debut last night, he looked lively.

The issue is, they will improve with the season, as they gel and players get the experience, but come the summer they will have another high turnover of players.

Losing Lemar, Fabinho, Keita & Moutinho would hurt any team.

Rinse and repeat with Monaco.

2) Nicolas Pepe is gaining a lot of hype. Could he be the next big Ligue 1 export? Potentially United quality?
He’s in a purple patch at the minute, hence the hype, but he is a talent.

Left footed, right winger, young, fast, skilful. Sounds like the player we need, just not sure he has the quality to reach the levels that Dembele etc will.

Similar style to Zaha (not a lazy racial stereotype).

3) Are any exciting young players emerging so far this season? France's production line is sensational.
Enzo Loiodice, 17 started all 5 games at CM for Dijon who are currently 5th.

N’soki, Weah, Nkunku all at PSG will be worth keeping an eye on for progression this season.

Boubacar Kamara, 18, Marseille Defender will have more of a role to play this season. Looks promising.

Ibrahim Sangare, 20, CM. Toulouse have started the season well, he has been one of the main reasons.

Ibrahima Sissoko, 20, CM. Replaced Aholou who moved to Monaco, filled his boots already.

Then there is plenty of players who are more well known who should step it up to the next level this season, Golovin, Ndombele, Aouar, Cyprien, Tousart, Ferland Mendy, Kamano, Kounde, Gelin, Saint-Maximin etc...

Love Ligue 1. So many talents.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
A lack of quality all over the pitch at the minute. They have a lot of great future talents, but it’s not working yet.

Tielemans, Grandsir, N’doram, Rony Lopes, Pellegri, Diop, Mboula etc... have all shown flashes, but consistency is the issue. Which is normally the case for young players.

Golovin made his debut last night, he looked lively.

The issue is, they will improve with the season, as they gel and players get the experience, but come the summer they will have another high turnover of players.

Losing Lemar, Fabinho, Keita & Moutinho would hurt any team.

Rinse and repeat with Monaco.

He’s in a purple patch at the minute, hence the hype, but he is a talent.

Left footed, right winger, young, fast, skilful. Sounds like the player we need, just not sure he has the quality to reach the levels that Dembele etc will.

Similar style to Zaha (not a lazy racial stereotype).

Enzo Loiodice, 17 started all 5 games at CM for Dijon who are currently 5th.

N’soki, Weah, Nkunku all at PSG will be worth keeping an eye on for progression this season.

Boubacar Kamara, 18, Marseille Defender will have more of a role to play this season. Looks promising.

Ibrahim Sangare, 20, CM. Toulouse have started the season well, he has been one of the main reasons.

Ibrahima Sissoko, 20, CM. Replaced Aholou who moved to Monaco, filled his boots already.

Then there is plenty of players who are more well known who should step it up to the next level this season, Golovin, Ndombele, Aouar, Cyprien, Tousart, Ferland Mendy, Kamano, Kounde, Gelin, Saint-Maximin etc...

Love Ligue 1. So many talents.
And I like this post. Such details :)

Di Maria still looks bad - so many poor touches and keeps letting the ball go out of play

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Are PSG even gonna lose a single game? What is the points record for Ligue 1?

Jagga7

Fekir looks a really good player. Would be a shame if he does end up at Liverpool.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fekir looks a really good player. Would be a shame if he does end up at Liverpool.
He's much better than a really good one! As said in his thread from last year, I've rated him as a potential elite player for a long time. Injuries permitting, of course!

(sorry, haven't gushed over Fekir in a while on here and needed to rectify that :p)

Wino1

Marseille drinking a large cup of reality after the 4-0 mirage against Guignamp. Defeated also by Frankfurt in the EL.
Such a great attacking team on their day, but woeful at the back all the time.

Caleta-Car has had a bit of a nightmare start for Marseille, Gustavo isn’t a CB, they miss him in CM instead of Sanson. Strootman is a shadow of his former self and Adil Rami should stick to being in the back of Pamela rather than at the back for Marseille.

IAmAWinner

Monaco are really bad this season. Losing atm and Falcao got a yellow for a pathetic dive.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Do you think Monaco can win the next league game(Friday)?
Their form is abysmal right now. Didn't have a shot on target. Probably doesn't help Jardem that he made so many changes in the Summer and doesn't know his best team right now so he's constantly rotating. I don't really rate their defenders either and they have no midfield general. Going to be a hard season for them.

As for next league game, they're playing Saint-Ettiene who don't score all that much (they did just score 3 goals against Toulouse away though). I'd fancy a 1-1 draw.

Wino1

Anyone see the Amavi red card? Reminded me of Nani vs Madrid.

VAR was used aswell, extremely harsh.

Asger

Any French who can tell what is going on at Montpellier stadium?

Nigel Refalo

Anyone watched Lille's win against Marseille yesterday? I was really impressed by the attacking fluency of Nicolas Pepe, Jonathan Bamba and Ikone.

Pepe stands out the most though, flair and pace in abundance.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What's up with Monaco? They are in real danger. Can't see Jardim lasting for so long.
Nothing special. Young players inconsistent and struggling to own a role, key players injured or out of form and manager trying(struggling) to find the correct recipe with new players.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Nothing special. Young players inconsistent and struggling to own a role, key players injured or out of form and manager trying(struggling) to find the correct recipe with new players.
Hopefully they can turn it around, otherwise they could fight to avoid relegation.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Balotelli has not been called up for Nice. Here we go again. He should just give up on football.

Status
Not open for further replies.